Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you like Peter Schiff, please help us get his ailing father out of prison!!!

If you like Peter Schiff, please help us get his ailing father out of prison!!!

Tonite on LibertyChat at 9:00 pm est. Peter's brother Andrew is going to talk about their father Irwin who is a political prisoner. Irwin is serving a 14 yr sentence on trumped up charges for federal tax crimes. Legitimate Supreme Court cases that he presented in his defense to show precedence were thrown out by the judge.

Peter told us in a recent interview for a promotion done for Paul Festival (which Peter is speaking at), that his father isn't in the best of health and may not live long enough to live out his sentence. Peter's brother, Andrew, mentioned in a recent email that what is needed is a public appeal to get the prison to give a compassionate release.

We are starting a petition and a Facebook for him and are asking everyone to watch the show tonight and spread the word. These two brothers mean a lot to many of us in the movement. We need to help them get their father back.

Please.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

I don't mean to be crass, but I've long wondered-why doesn't Peter bail out Irwin personally? I get the impression he has sufficient funds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

You can't bail people out of prison, silly.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I don't mean to be crass, but I've long wondered-why doesn't Peter bail out Irwin personally? I get the impression he has sufficient funds.
    That's not how the prison system here works. If the thugs in power say you are to be put in prison, you're in prison. Unless you want to be shot and killed on spot for resisting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Since when can a person who has already had a trial and been convicted be bailed out of prison years into their sentence?
    Last edited by DerailingDaTrain; 07-26-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Andrew is telling us now what we can do.

Cliffs? I want to help out Peter.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Although some may be able to, not everyone can just buy their way out of prison.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post
    Since when can a person who has already had a trial and been convicted be bailed out of prison years into their sentence?
    I have no idea, hence my question. Thnx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

This petition is probably more absurd than the one to reinstitute the Ron Paul delegates in masschusetts

Quote Originally Posted by shemdogg View Post
    This petition is probably more absurd than the one to reinstitute the Ron Paul delegates in masschusetts
    Why?? The Schiff Brothers believe that petitioning for a compassionate release is possible.

Heck, it worked for the Lockerbie bomber...
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Petitioning via change.org??

probably not....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Where can I get up to speed on this? What is the story? I missed the chat, it appears....
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Theyr'e done. Hope someone posts where the YT will be. He says they want him out, but will at least want him transfered to Ft. Devens in MA so he's closer to home. They want a letterwriting campaign and gave some contact info.They're still talking in tinychat at another RP site I can't remember. Sorry.

Andrew also said that it is possible if you pass the background check to get on the list of people wh o can visit him where he is...KS or somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnuhana View Post
    Andrew also said that it is possible if you pass the background check to get on the list of people wh o can visit him where he is...KS or somewhere.
    He's in the Federal Correctional Complex in Terre Haute, Indiana.

I didn't realize devens was a prison now

Is there a web page somewhere that explains this?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

One thing I don't get about Peter is why he keeps sending the government millions in income taxes every year since he's so upset they jailed his father....if I had all the millions he has and the government jails my father, I will retire, stop working and earning income and live off my savings before I send them another penny. He constantly speaks about the government getting bigger and by sending them millions he is helping the government grow. He can also continue doing business offshore, take out more deductions, etc.
    Last edited by qh4dotcom; 07-26-2012 at 08:52 PM.

We're not using change.org. That was an initial error. Fixed now.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    One thing I don't get about Peter is why he keeps sending the government millions in income taxes every year since he's so upset they jailed his father....if I had all the millions he has and the government jails my father, I will retire, stop working and earning income and live off my savings before I send them another penny. He constantly speaks about the government getting bigger and by sending them millions he is helping the government grow. He can also continue doing business offshore, take out more deductions, etc.
    Just like Ron/Rand. Both not as super principled as their fathers. Can I have a mint?
    Capitalists can exploit you only with your permission: by trading with you, selling to you, asking you to sell out.

Government exploits you at the point of a gun.

As long as you limit the power of the latter, the former can only exploit by providing better products, services and options. if they collude, then all bets are off. But that is a problem with government--in that case fascism--not capitalism.

-dew

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Because he is a great businessman who motivated by self-interest wants more money? What government can't tax they'll print anyway so it's not making a difference. What does make a difference is things he does for liberty like MakeSchiffHappen PAC, SchiffRadio, his campaign for Senate in CT, the books he has written, appearances at liberty festivals and meetings (Paul Fest the latest) and his general funding of liberty-orientated projects.
    Please visit the Free Talk Live YouTube Channel

My twitter: @Samuel_E_Amer
    The best liberty videos on YouTube: Freedom

The Philosophy of Liberty
    www.mises.org
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

The Potential of the Free State Project

Bump, let's sign...
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

I am more curious why a multi-millionaire is peddling for donations on Facebook for a "free my dad" sorta vibe. Buy a t-shirt and such .... I mean, couldn't Schiff just pull out a checkbook - and right a check for a couple hundred thousand and get what he needs? I just was a bit turned off that he was asking for donations. why?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    I am more curious why a multi-millionaire is peddling for donations on Facebook for a "free my dad" sorta vibe. Buy a t-shirt and such .... I mean, couldn't Schiff just pull out a checkbook - and right a check for a couple hundred thousand and get what he needs? I just was a bit turned off that he was asking for donations. why?
    I believe it is a petition as opposed to donations. A petition of many people is needed to make their case. Money will not buy someone out of jail but a public outcry will.

I like Irwin Schiff, I read his book "The Federal Mafia" when I got out of college. That book is now illegal.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    I believe it is a petition as opposed to donations. A petition of many people is needed to make their case. Money will not buy someone out of jail but a public outcry will.
    Exactly...remember Ramos & Compean? If it wasn't for the public outcry they would still be in jail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast