Thread: Huff Po: Congressman Ron Paul Honored With the Ron Paul Legacy Award - pictures too

Huff Po: Congressman Ron Paul Honored With the Ron Paul Legacy Award - pictures too

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-dr...b_1705980.html

by YAL. I love that YAL is doing this - so long as they only give it to those who deserve it. They shouldn't try to find one every year if there ISN'T one worthy, imho.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 07-26-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post

by YAL. I love that YAL is doing this - so long as they only give it to those who deserve it. They shouldn't try to find one every year if there ISN'T one worthy, imho.
    a trophy that says Ron Paul twice on it, given to none other than...Ron Paul. Yeah, and we wonder why people think the revolution is a cult of personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickels View Post
    a trophy that says Ron Paul twice on it, given to none other than...Ron Paul. Yeah, and we wonder why people think the revolution is a cult of personality.
    This going to be on the cover of MAD magazine.
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

We wonder that? Why do we care what that sort think? I don't.

The Goldwater award (which Ron is receiving or just received) means something, and the Ron Paul legacy award does too - so long as they don't water it down just to be able to award it each year.

We are a cult of principles, and unfortunately, very few politicians measure up.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

We wonder that? Why do we care what that sort think? I don't.

The Goldwater award (which Ron is receiving or just received) means something, and the Ron Paul legacy award does too - so long as they don't water it down just to be able to award it each year.

We are a cult of principles, and unfortunately, very few politicians measure up.
    I wonder if that award was made in America or if someone else did that.

What is the name of your cult? I might be interested in joining if you can come up with a name i like.
    Last edited by newbitech; 07-30-2012 at 09:16 PM.

It's not weird at all. He's just the first recipient.

I think that's just awesome! Hats off to YAL!!

[IMG]http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/241093/slide_241093_1283736_free.jpg[IMG]

Reminded me of this...sorry...couldn't find a YouTube:

BRANDT: That's the key to the city of Pasadena, which Mr. Lebowski received two years ago in recognition of his various civic, uh... Oh,That's a Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce Business Achiever award, which is given--oh not necessarily given every year!

DUDE: Hey, is this uh..?

BRANDT: Given only when there's a worthy,
    How have you helped spread the message of Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity today?
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was at the convention, and let me tell you folks this was NOT a bad thing or a "cult" thing, the award was created in his honor so he is obviously the first recipient. The award needed to be established and this was an excellent way to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    I was at the convention, and let me tell you folks this was NOT a bad thing or a "cult" thing, the award was created in his honor so he is obviously the first recipient. The award needed to be established and this was an excellent way to do it!
    the danger is that they are establishing THEIR ability to attach HIS reputation to someone. I sure hope he has veto power.

People need to wake up. it IS about Ron Paul.

Do people really think that we're going to find another POLITICIAN who is an incorruptible, trustworthy and as committed to his principles as this man?

There may be other acceptable people, but there will never be another RON PAUL.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

What are the odds?

Almost as unlikely as Lou Gehrig coming down with Lou Gehrig's disease.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

He is the first, and hopefully not last, recipient of the award.

What the $#@! are you babbling about?

I'm beginning to think Tom Davis would be someone who could deserve an award like this in the future. I also think he's a worthy guy to consider for presidential potential.

Quote Originally Posted by LBennett76 View Post
    I'm beginning to think Tom Davis would be someone who could deserve an award like this in the future. I also think he's a worthy guy to consider for presidential potential.
    I like him. I don't know enough about him to speak of presidential future yet, but I'd definitely back him for US senate against Lindsay.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I friended him on Facebook. He posts quite often, and I must say, I've never seen anything I didn't agree with. He seems to hold very close to Ron Paul's views. His posts in the last couple hours have been about the failure of the GM bailout and the Friedman (Milton) Foundation for Educational Choice. He's also against the unconstitutional wars and empire building and he's for auditing the Fed.
    I really like this guy. I think he has a great future in the liberty movement.
    Last edited by LBennett76; 07-31-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBennett76 View Post
    I friended him on Facebook. He posts quite often, and I must say, I've never seen anything I didn't agree with. He seems to hold very close to Ron Paul's views. His posts in the last couple hours have been about the failure of the GM bailout and the Friedman (Milton) Foundation for Educational Choice. He's also against the unconstitutional wars and empire building and he's for auditing the Fed.
    I really like this guy. I think he has a great future in the liberty movement.
    I don't facebook, but I follow him on twitter (I liked him too, I just don't use it, so I don't see it.) He seems specific and good on the issues (as opposed to vague and moderate). He was behind Ron through thick and thin and championing him throughout the election. What can I say, he won me over....

If it is an award that was created to award those who follow Ron Paul's legacy, why is Ron actually getting the award?