Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: If Gary Johnson got into the debates

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockandrollsouls View Post
    Conclusion - Kid that got out of college 3 years ago and is suddenly the judge and standard bearer of all things libertarian. So, Mr. Libertarian...how many of those government subsidized college loans are you still paying off? Put your money where your mouth is...come on now.
    1. I'm not a Libertarian. Maybe a small L. 2. I have a good paying job with 0 debt that you don't need to know about. How about sticking to the issues instead of flexing your tiny internet penis?



    Wrong again. Just another example you are a newcomer with a strong fire for liberty, but you're directing your anger in the wrong direction.

    Watch Paul's debate performances as the libertarian nominee, the 2008 primary, and the 2012 primary. He's toned back a lot of his issues. Does it mean he changed his stance? In 99% of cases (barring the death penalty switch,) absolutely not. But he has changed his approach (I believe for the better.)

    You can look to his stance on the border, drugs, etc.
    You're purposely avoiding the issues. No matter how Johnson contradicts himself, you're right there defending him. Tell me, what is your purpose on a Ron Paul forum besides promoting GJ Mr. 07er? Ron Paul has never contradicted himself on TV. Period. Gary Johnson made a mockery of himself. Therefore, to compare the both of them is grasping at straws and a sign of desperation.

    OK, I'm done arguing with you.
    Last edited by Wren; 08-03-2012 at 06:34 PM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32

    Default

    I'm just stating the facts. Ron has tailored his stance on the issues a significant amount, primarily through his approach, since his Libertarian run (which would be before you even graduated grade school.) How can you claim Ron has never changed his approach or that GJ "contradicts" himself when you were in elementary school when both of them were in the grand political scheme?

    It's not a matter of "defending Johnson." As I've stated in other threads, it's a matter of keeping the facts straight and giving every liberty candidate a fair shake. You're the one on the odd end of this debate. You've made assumptions in a number of instances when you 1) joined a liberty movement that's been building for decades only this election cycle and 2) You've only been exposed to both candidates for a limited time. You weren't watching either in the early late 80s or early 90s.

    For you to act as jury, judge, and executioner is true desperation. I've never compared the two. In fact, the furthest I've ever gone is to 1) show evidence both have supported each other (which is a big deal, considering Ron nearly always has reservations.) and 2) claim both were both very similar ideologically, but take different approaches.

    The youth has been great for injecting more life into this movement, but I will draw the line when you seek to turn it into a religion and attempt to dismantle the extensive support network we've built over many years to support other liberty candidates. The fact of the matter is we will never have candidates as "pure" as Ron at all levels of government. But that doesn't mean we should decry, isolate, and shun every other liberty candidate.

    I'm telling you right now the degree of division and infighting present is what will determine the success or failure of the freedom movement. And, no offense, I'm not going to let some punk kid divide the movement we've built for so long because he just discovered Ron Paul, his eyes have been opened, and nothing else will satisfy his new found political appetite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    1. I'm not a Libertarian. Maybe a small L. 2. I have a good paying job with 0 debt that you don't need to know about. How about sticking to the issues instead of flexing your tiny internet penis?





    You're purposely avoiding the issues. No matter how Johnson contradicts himself, you're right there defending him. Tell me, what is your purpose on a Ron Paul forum besides promoting GJ Mr. 07er? Ron Paul has never contradicted himself on TV. Period. Gary Johnson made a mockery of himself. Therefore, to compare the both of them is grasping at straws and a sign of desperation.

    OK, I'm done arguing with you.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

  4. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Paul has never contradicted himself or his worldview on national television in a debate. Yes, you are trying.
    Keep on saying it, Wren - and maybe one day it'll become true! Remember, a dream is a wish your heart makes.
    Join the Free State Project - www.freestateproject.org
    2014 is right around the corner! Identify candidates for House and Senate and get those exploratory committees going!

  5. #34

    Default

    Johnson was on Mancow and turned the foreign policy question around the way he should have done with Krauthammer.

    He offered the most obvious rebuttal asking Mancow if American should have gone to war with India or even the U.S.S.R.. Gary wasn't the most eloquent speaker but that actually shut Mancow up for a second.

  6. #35

    Default

    I donated my hard earned money to Governor Johnson, he'll be getting my vote in November and I sure hope he qualifies for the presidential debate with Obama & Romney but it's his own fault he's not doing well at the polls, it's his own fault his low poll numbers did not qualify him to get into more Republican debates. He's doing nothing about Obama's crimes, he's not talking about Fast & Furious, Obama's eligibility, etc....seems like he's Ok with letting Obama get away with his crimes. When he became governor, GJ also took the oath to defend the natural born citizen requirements of the Constitution...and like the Pauls and rest of Congress he has been silent on the eligibility issue and not doing his job. GJ complained a lot about his exclusion from the Republican debates. The media ridiculed Donald Trump for talking about Obama's eligibility...and after they did he surged to #1 in the polls...and got a multi-million dollar contract renewed. GJ would have also likely surged in the polls and qualified for the debates had he done his job. Polls show half the country has doubts about Obama's eligibility....half the Republican voters did not have a candidate who shared their beliefs whom to vote for in the primaries...that was a golden opportunity missed for Ron Paul and Gary Johnson because they were too afraid to do their jobs and too afraid of the big bad media.
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49554.html

  7. #36

    Default

    Seems like if there was really grounds for this then Republicans would have moved to impeach a long time ago.

  8. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Seems like if there was really grounds for this then Republicans would have moved to impeach a long time ago.
    Republicans don't have the guts to impeach Obama, the liberal media would ridicule them if they try to impeach.

  9. #38

    Default

    Nothing like that stopped them from going after Bill Clinton.

    If they're willing to run an attack like that they would do the same against Obama if they had a shred of proof.

    Anyway I'm not sure Donald Trump is someone I'd want to emulate.

  10. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    Keep on saying it, Wren - and maybe one day it'll become true! Remember, a dream is a wish your heart makes.
    What to do when you lack response? Be a forum troll. I'm still waiting for evidence of Paul ever contradicting two of his positions on TV. Until then, your comparison is bullshit and a low sign of desperation.
    Last edited by Wren; 08-05-2012 at 01:29 AM.

  11. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    What to do when you lack response? Be a forum troll. I'm still waiting for evidence of Paul ever contradicting two of his positions on TV. Until then, your comparison is bullshit and a low sign of desperation.
    When did I say that Paul contradicted two of his positions on TV? I didn't, therefore it's not trollish of me to attempt to provide evidence of it. Perhaps you'd like to have a conversation about that, in which case man up and enter the conversation by some other method. Actually, don't bother, because talking to you is a waste of the precious hours of my life.
    Join the Free State Project - www.freestateproject.org
    2014 is right around the corner! Identify candidates for House and Senate and get those exploratory committees going!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •