Thread: Volunteers Needed for Activist Project

Volunteers Needed for Activist Project

In a recent email communication Ron Paul stated that the "liberty movement is the future of the GOP". The plan for liberty activists to involve themselves in the GOP has been a long standing, on going process that Ron Paul and hundreds of other elected representatives have been a part of since the 1990's. We are already seeing the benefits of this work with the incredible number of liberty candidates who have a realistic shot at winning their races this year. But there is still a ton of work to be done, and a lot of the work needs to be done by liberty activists at the local level.

I am in the initial stages of a new project that will seek to coordinate liberty activists from across the country who are dedicated to seeing this plan come to fruition. At the present time I am seeking assistance from experienced activists who can assist in the compiling of resources and would be willing to consider coming on board with the project once it is launched. The projected launch date is January 2013 so that we can begin preparing for the 2013 primary elections.

The first phase of this project is the compiling of data. There are around 3000 county GOP committees in the country. Therefore, I am currently seeking 8 individuals who would be willing to assist in copling the information on every county GOP committee in their region. The information is readily available, but assembling all the information in a usable format is a big task. If you are able to volunteer, I am looking for people who have experience using Microsoft Excel that can create a file for each state in their region that lists each county GOP committee, the contact information and website address. For simplicity I am using Census Bureau-designated areas to divide up the country into manageable regions:

New England: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut
    Mid-Atlantic: New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey (I will handle this region)
    East North Central: Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio
    West North Central: Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa
    South Atlantic: Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida
    East South Central: Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama
    West South Central: Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana
    Mountain: Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico
    Pacific: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii

If you can assist by helping to compile the information for your region, please post in this thread (that way the thread will be bumped for others to see), and I will contact you via PM. If anyone has any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.

For those of you on RPF that disagree with the plan for liberty activists to involve themselves in the GOP, please keep your criticisms for other threads on this site.

Thank you in advance for your interest.
    Last edited by tbone717; 07-23-2012 at 08:43 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You might want to ask what candidates are in what region if you are volunteering, and see if they are the one you want. One person's liberty candidate isn't necessarily anothers, and I know I disagree with a bunch that RLC endorses, but they also endorse people like Amash.

This doesn't go in Ron's forum though. I'll leave it for a while so people can see it exists but then I'll move it to 2012 candidates.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    You might want to ask what candidates are in what region if you are volunteering, and see if they are the one you want. One person's liberty candidate isn't necessarily anothers, and I know I disagree with a bunch that RLC endorses, but they also endorse people like Amash.

This doesn't go in Ron's forum though. I'll leave it for a while so people can see it exists but then I'll move it to 2012 candidates.
    The initial phase of this project is to gather the information on the various county GOP committees to see which committee seats are vacant, and which are up for election in 2013. At this stage, this has nothing to do with endorsing or volunteering for any particular candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    The initial phase of this project is to gather the information on the various county GOP committees to see which committee seats are vacant, and which are up for election in 2013. At this stage, this has nothing to do with endorsing or volunteering for any particular candidates.
    right, but if they agree with your list they might be more inclined to want to work on this project and if they don't they may prefer to work on something else. I'm just letting people know that this is a list that people should look at and see if THIS is where they want to put their efforts. No one wants our work to be coopted into something that is not what the individuals want. Personally, I would work WITH RLC but not for RLC because I don't think we have the same standards. They overlap, but a lot of RLC candidates are not ones I'd want to spend my time on if I am choosing where to spend my efforts.

This is not just you, there are other lists floating around. At least one I know of has 'purity to a liberty standard' that completely ignores things like NDAA and the Patriot Act, so is useless to me, personally. People have their different hot button issues.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 07-23-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

right, but if they agree with your list they might be more inclined to want to work on this project and if they don't they may prefer to work on something else. I'm just letting people know that this is a list that people should look at and see if THIS is where they want to put their efforts. No one wants our work to be coopted into something that is not what the individuals want. Personally, I would work WITH RLC but not for RLC because I don't think we have the same standards. They overlap, but a lot of RLC candidates are not ones I'd want to spend my time on if I am choosing where to spend my efforts.

This is not just you, there are other lists floating around. At least one I know of has 'purity to a liberty standard' that completely ignores things like NDAA and the Patriot Act, so is useless to me, personally. People have their different hot button issues.
    Once again, this project is not about a list of candidates, but compiling a list of the local GOP committees and nothing more at this stage. There are around 3000 county committees, and the initial phase is to compile the contact info on all of them. The intent of this project is for local activism - that is state, county and local elections with the emphasis being on county and local seats.

We all know you don't like all the RLC candidates, you have made that well known. But honestly, this has absolutely nothing to do with candidates that are running in 2012. I already stated in the OP that the launch for this project is January 2013 to prepare for the 2013 primaries. Addtionally, this has nothing to do with the RLC. I am a member of, and supportive of the organization, just as I am a supporter of YAL, C4L and other groups. But this project, once launched, is completely independent of those groups and is focused on local activism.

If you are willing to volunteer to compile the information on counties in your region, please feel free to let me know.
    Last edited by tbone717; 07-23-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Right, but the goal is to help this class of candidates, and if they are busy doing this they aren't busy doing something that might to them be more targetted to the smaller number of really great candidates who need the extra work. Or they might agree with you completely. Up to them.

Right, but the goal is to help this class of candidates, and if they are busy doing this they aren't busy doing something that might to them be more targetted to the smaller number of really great candidates who need the extra work. Or they might agree with you completely. Up to them.
    Perhaps I need to be more clearer, because you are obviously clouded by your personal bias against myself and the RLC. This project is for the compiling of information to be utilized by liberty activists who seek to involve themselves in their local GOP committee. At the present time, I am seeking people who are willing to assist in the compiling of a database of that includes:

County, Headquarters, Contact Phone, Website

If you find this to be problematic, then feel free to delete the thread.

tbone, you have an agenda to get people to work for your organization. People may want to do that, but if you post these things here, I am going to point out that this is an organization with its own existing hierarchy and politics, with chapters some of which endorsed others OVER Ron Paul, and that the work they do in locating vacancies is going to lead to people in that hierarchy determining whom THEY think should move into those positions with the backing of the group.

My understanding is that as with the tea party, in SOME locales the RLC IS us, in others very much not so.

And people can look into it in their areas and decide if that is what they want to do or if they would rather phone from home for Kerry B or something.

There is a difference between candidates with subforums in this forum, meaning the FORUM members decided to support them, and those the RLC supports, is all.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This project is for the compiling of information to be utilized by liberty activists who seek to involve themselves in their local GOP committee.
    How many GOP committees will each person be involved in, the way you conceptualize this?
    Last edited by nayjevin; 07-23-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    How many GOP committees will each person be involved in, the way you conceptualize this?
    In reality people can only be directly involved in their home county. For example, if someone was to run for committeeman, they would be doing so in their own county. The same obviously goes for local offices, as in most areas (and honestly I am not aware of one that is not like this) you must reside in the municipality in which you are holding office.

The GOP committee is a local body that is made up of volunteers and elected officials that reside within the county.

No I am sure that there are instances where people can assist the campaigns of those running in neighboring areas. For example if a local contact is running for county commissioner and you live in the country next door, there is nothing preventing you from canvassing or working the polls for that person.

But the crux of this is personal involvement in your own backyard, which enables us to build an even better foundation for liberty candidates who seek to run for higher office.
    Last edited by tbone717; 07-23-2012 at 09:54 AM.

But the crux of this is personal involvement in your own backyard, which enables us to build an even better foundation for liberty candidates who seek to run for higher office.
    So people can do that. What's this about a database?
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

The database is the listing of every county GOP, their HQ, phone and URL.

tbone, you have an agenda to get people to work for your organization. People may want to do that, but if you post these things here, I am going to point out that this is an organization with its own existing hierarchy and politics, with chapters some of which endorsed others OVER Ron Paul, and that the work they do in locating vacancies is going to lead to people in that hierarchy determining whom THEY think should move into those positions with the backing of the group.

My understanding is that as with the tea party, in SOME locales the RLC IS us, in others very much not so.

And people can look into it in their areas and decide if that is what they want to do or if they would rather phone from home for Kerry B or something.

There is a difference between candidates with subforums in this forum, meaning the FORUM members decided to support them, and those the RLC supports, is all.
    As I stated before, this project has nothing to do with the RLC and has nothing to do with 2012 races. As an organization, the RLC focuses primarily on state and federal races. The primary focus of this project will be on county and local races.

The project is in its initial stages, and once launched (anticipated for Jan 2013) will be a means for liberty activists who are interested in working within the GOP to coordinate with one another locally, as well as exchange ideas and resources with those across the country. The compiling of the list of the 3000 or so county GOP committees is something I can do on my own, but am seeking volunteers who wish to assist in this project.
    Last edited by tbone717; 07-23-2012 at 01:16 PM.