Thread: Senator Kirk (R-IL) supports Audit the Fed so get him to cosponsor S 202

Senator Kirk (R-IL) supports Audit the Fed so get him to cosponsor S 202

This was his reply to someone's email:

Dear XXXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the government's economic policies and oversight of the Federal Reserve. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Sound monetary policy is crucial for a strong economy, as is accountability and transparency of the government's accounting practices. The Federal Reserve has a dual mandate to maintain low unemployment and stable prices. It is imperative that the Fed's actions are made independent of political influence and are done in a transparent and accountable manner.

In the previous Congress, I was a cosponsor of H.R. 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act. This bill called for a complete Government Accountability Office audit of the Federal Reserve banks by the end of 2010. Such an audit would shine light on Federal Reserve policy and, in the longterm, ensure it is accountable for its actions. As your Senator, I continue to support these efforts and other legislative initiatives that will provide greater transparency of the actions taken by the Board of Governors. Should this legislation come to a full vote of the U.S. Senate, I will support it.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me on this issue. Please feel free to contact me at (312) 886-3506 or online at http://kirk.senate.gov if you have any questions or concerns before Congress or the federal government. It is an honor to serve you in the Senate.

Very truly yours,

Mark Kirk
    U.S. Senate
    If you are in Illinois, please email or call his office and urge him to COSPONSOR the Audit the Fed bill, S. 202, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2011.

You can email him here:
    http://www.kirk.senate.gov/?p=comment_on_legislation

His DC office number is 202-224-2854.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just wrote to him and asked him. I know the guy's been through a lot, and I hope he's recovering well.
    I also wrote Durbin...dunno how that one will go over
    You should do your job because it's your job. Because you're the person standing there doing that thing. So just do it. Do the shit out of it. -Louis C.K.