Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the excitement about getting a LARGE turnout in Tampa ???

Where is the excitement about getting a LARGE turnout in Tampa ???

Although I have a low post total, I have been here awhile. These boards used to be very energetic, constructive and collaborative but not so much lately. Dr. Paul has made it clear that part of his strategy is to have a large showing of support in Tampa for the international media to see. Where is the organic grassroots activism to make this happen?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ask the Ron Paul Campaign. They're the ones who killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by WesSeid View Post
    this. I was all planning on going gungho about this even if going in I KNEW we were going to lose, but after hearing email after email telling us we lost and to accept it I kinda lost the excitement. Still love Dr. Paul, and still fighting for the cause, but Tampa is a lost cause IMO

Ya know, I hear that a lot around here. But maybe, just maybe, as Doug Wead has said, there are things being planned that we are not privy to.

Couple of things:

• The campaign has been telling us that it's over and to give up and concede to Romney.

• Rand endorsed Romney which killed our buzz and was a sharp smack in the face to all of the delegates who were winning the state conventions. Who organized and endured the abuse, the fraud and the discrimination by their own party.

• Ron supposedly himself sent out an e-mail telling his delegates that it's hopeless to win.

• The campaign has been largely acting in the interest of Rand and not our own by easy submission to the GOP.

• The campaign has said that it does not support Paulfest and told their supporters to come to a Rally that they could "control". Therefore, RON PAUL will not be speaking at PAULfest.

• Paulfest wanted to invite Rand. Already seen as a polarizing figure after his gleeful endorsement, this was a bad move.

• Paulfest wanted to invite Gary Johnson. Might as well change the name by now and admit we're throwing in the towel. Gary will be there solely to pander for votes.
    Last edited by Wren; 07-17-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    Only voted for Ron Paul and Trump in 28 years of living because I greatly respect honest men/women who expose disgusting illusions.

LOOK POEPLE... you can only control what you can control. None of you can control Ron Paul, Bennton, Doug Wead, the campaign, the RNC, Romney, the wind etc etc etc

YOU CAN CONTROL YOURSELF.. all you have to do is decide what is the best course of action, use a bit of wisdom as to what action would return the best result and go with it. Going to TAMPA will be a good use of your time and resources. You will meet loads of other like minded folk that will lift your spirits and morale for the fight that will take many years to come. Your precence will educate and awaken many folk around in Florida. Poeple usually more interested in Gaga will be open to a political topic, you will be infront of cameras and at least heckle the news crews, give them hell.

The poeple at the Alamo didn't say, whats the point, the campaign didn't send re-inforcements, lets pack it in... instead the line was drawn and all those that wanted to leave could leave, but the brave stayed behind. By being there, you are the setting the foundations for the movement... also you NEVER KNOW DO YOU, Romney might just stumble before the finish line.

be patient grasshopper... still over a month away ... with some interesting events occurring before...

I wouldn't miss it for anything. Will be EPIC.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruehound View Post
    Although I have a low post total, I have been here awhile.
    I'm guessing you actually have a life!
    Last edited by anaconda; 07-17-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Last edited by Unknown.User; 07-22-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomordeath View Post
    You will meet loads of other like minded folk that will lift your spirits and morale for the fight that will take many years to come.
    lol, when you put it like that, that sounds rather depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomordeath View Post
    you will be infront of cameras and at least heckle the news crews, give them hell.
    Now that's a pretty good reason. I'm more than happy to heckle big-government fake conservatives like Sean Hannity.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I'm guessing you actually have a life!
    Bruehound is one of a handful of people that I know both IRL and on the internet. He's definitely got a life, and he's absolutely an activist.

To answer his question, that excitement level has not been here for the whole campaign. The official campaign has/had a couple of trolls here that quashed every grassroots effort that popped up, so those type people quit hanging out here.

I would never post an idea here, because the only people that are left are the people that can't seem to just quietly walk away from projects they don't support.

really? wtf

REVOLUTION>campaign

cmon now even Ron Paul himself said that!!! GOING TO TAMPA BTW

RON PAUL 2012 !!

I, for one, can't wait to get to Tampa and be with my brothers and sisters of liberty. I'd like to see 100K +.

"they cannot un hear what we tell them"

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    • The campaign has said that it does not support Paulfest and told their supporters to come to a Rally that they could "control". Therefore, RON PAUL will not be speaking at PAULfest.
    Why is Ron Paul obligated to attend this? He didn't agree to its name. The title of 'Paulfest' is a dishonest marketing ploy; the people behind it know no one would pay travel plus $70-something to attend 'unheard-of-bands-and-Johnson fest.'

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya know, I hear that a lot around here. But maybe, just maybe, as Doug Wead has said, there are things being planned that we are not privy to.
    Doug Wead also said this was about Rand pretty much, so I guess we're supposed to take that to mean what?

Oh, I know...$50+ million between two campaigns, C4L being gutted, and staffers moving to the campaign to continue to get paychecks during the "campaign", then rolling back over to C4L?

Seems to me that Step One in this bit of cat-herding is to invite feedback for X days to establish Y goal.

If it meant you could and would actually GO to Tampa...that you CAN, for sure, get off work/get permission/get sitters/whatever...WHAT IS THE ROCK-BOTTOM SHOESTRING SUM THAT WOULD GET INDIVIDUAL DIE HARDS TO TAMPA, FOR THE FESTIVAL BUT ALSO FOR THOSE SNEAKY PRE-CONVENTION MEETINGS?

If you can GET there and have eating money in your pocket, OF COURSE there are places to sleep and ways to wash...millions of Americans are homeless, fer cryin' out loud.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 07-17-2012 at 03:34 PM.

i have to applaud the grassroots that are still behind Paul...and have the energy and motivation to attend Paul fest without Paul going...Paul definitely educated me, so I have to give him that, well, I gave him at least $2500 between the two campaigns, so I paid my tuition for what I learned, I played my part...we'll see what comes of Rand...

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Why is Ron Paul obligated to attend this? He didn't agree to its name. The title of 'Paulfest' is a dishonest marketing ploy; the people behind it know no one would pay travel plus $70-something to attend 'unheard-of-bands-and-Johnson fest.'
    They added Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, so it isn't exactly unheard of bands and Johnson any more. But it was never about telling fans of bands about Ron Paul, but pleasing fans of Ron Paul.

Although I have a low post total, I have been here awhile. These boards used to be very energetic, constructive and collaborative but not so much lately. Dr. Paul has made it clear that part of his strategy is to have a large showing of support in Tampa for the international media to see. Where is the organic grassroots activism to make this happen?
    Well, things have happened in the last few months. 8 months ago, all the primaries, caucuses and conventions were ahead. Now, they're all done. Just don't have anywhere near as much to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    It is in his honor. Not anymore though. If the name is not changed I anticipate a bunch of people who came there for Ron Paul to be hugely disappointed.
    Only voted for Ron Paul and Trump in 28 years of living because I greatly respect honest men/women who expose disgusting illusions.

I think Facebook has a lot to do with differences in the forum between last cycle and this...

I plan on attending both RP events in Tampa and will be promoting both...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    It is in his honor. Not anymore though. If the name is not changed I anticipate a bunch of people who came there for Ron Paul to be hugely disappointed.
    People should know what's up. I think they do, or will. They'll know that Ron Paul is speaking at major rally and that rally is between 12-6 on sunday, they will know that transportation is available to and from paul fest to major rally. they'll know that paul fest does not have Ron Paul. They'll know that paul fest is 3 days long. fri-sun night. Presumably, sunday night at paul fest will be good and people who are at major rally will know that and many of them will go from major rally to paul fest. they'll know that paul fest has 7 days of rv / camping.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSHLIED View Post
    i have to applaud the grassroots that are still behind Paul...and have the energy and motivation to attend Paul fest without Paul going...Paul definitely educated me, so I have to give him that, well, I gave him at least $2500 between the two campaigns, so I paid my tuition for what I learned, I played my part...we'll see what comes of Rand...
    they might have the energy and motivation to go to tampa and see Ron Paul at major rally on Sunday 12-6. And because they're in Tampa, they might as well do paul fest before and after. it all fits together nicely.

People should know what's up. I think they do, or will. They'll know that Ron Paul is speaking at major rally and that rally is between 12-6 on sunday, they will know that transportation is available to and from paul fest to major rally. they'll know that paul fest does not have Ron Paul. They'll know that paul fest is 3 days long. fri-sun night. Presumably, sunday night at paul fest will be good and people who are at major rally will know that and many of them will go from major rally to paul fest. they'll know that paul fest has 7 days of rv / camping.
    there is an unintended awesomeness thats gonna happen and thats the RONVOY. Firstly the cops can't stop it because the folks will have a legit reason to be in convoy and secondly the streets of TAMPA will be flooded with Ronulans, besides after 3 days of festival it will give poeple something to do, I can't think of something cooler then being in a RONVOY.

my ONLY complaint about the campaign is that they've given ammo to the trolls.

however, in reality, i think they need to play everything close to the vest, and can't possibly send out emails like 'let's win Tampa' w/o being ridiculed by the media. I don't like that Rand endorsed Mitt, but I see he's already using that to push for the Fed Audit so perhaps there is an underlying strategy.

I do know that we're not privy to any grand strategy, and that the trolls get to have a field day with the 'I gave up because...' posts.

If you gave up, then kindly leave. We don't need you here. If you seriously supported Ron Paul at any point, please look at yourself in the mirror and realize you've become an agent of demoralization and aren't doing liberty any good.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post
    my ONLY complaint about the campaign is that they've given ammo to the trolls.

however, in reality, i think they need to play everything close to the vest, and can't possibly send out emails like 'let's win Tampa' w/o being ridiculed by the media. I don't like that Rand endorsed Mitt, but I see he's already using that to push for the Fed Audit so perhaps there is an underlying strategy.

I do know that we're not privy to any grand strategy, and that the trolls get to have a field day with the 'I gave up because...' posts.

If you gave up, then kindly leave. We don't need you here. If you seriously supported Ron Paul at any point, please look at yourself in the mirror and realize you've become an agent of demoralization and aren't doing liberty any good.
    Well stated.

I was wondering the same thing.

O.B.A.M.A. = One Big Ass Mistake, America

Well, I think the Rand endorsement took the wind out of everybodies sails, however one little fact gives me hope, it took the wind out the oppositions sails to oppose Ron Paul too, why, well if his own son endorsed Mitt they feel it's over too. Perhaps at conventions we will learn this turned out to be a brilliant tactic. Of coarse if Ron or Rand Paul never even speaks at the RNC then we will know it was a colossal blunder. I am willing to wait this out.
    But if there is no payout at the RNC, I will pretty much be done with political stupidity, even by the good guys. I feel many will may already be there now, but I am still waiting. But the endgame is approaching soon. The level of betrayal has not been fully vetted, but it will be.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast