Thread: Ron Paul's predictions from 2002: So good that at first I thought the speech was faked

Exclamation Ron Paul's predictions from 2002: So good that at first I thought the speech was faked

Paul Mulshine at the Newark Star-Ledger

Ron Paul's predictions from 2002: So good that at first I thought the speech was faked

Published: Sunday, July 15, 2012, 4:12 PM

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine..._from_200.html

When I first saw the above video, I thought perhaps someone had edited it to make it seem like Ron's predictions from 2002 were more accurate then they were.

Nope.

When you watch the C-SPAN version below you see the exact same remarks verbatim, without the added commentary.

Just to make sure, I sourced this back to the original page on C-SPAN.Note at the 1:28 mark where he predicts "Some of our moderate Arab allies will be overthrown by Islamic fundamentalists."

Got that right.

And then there's this from the CNN transcript (which is in all CAPS for some reason):

THE UNITED STATES, WITH TONY BLAIR AS HEAD CHEERLEADER, WILL ATTACK IRAQ WITHOUT PROPER AUTHORITY AND A MAJOR WAR, THE LARGEST SINCE WORLD WAR II WILL RESULT.

MAJOR MOVES WILL BE MADE BY CHINA, INDIA, RUSSIA, AND PAKISTAN IN CENTRAL ASIA TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CHAOS FOR THE PURPOSE OF GRABBING LAND, RESOURCES, AND STRATEGIC ADVANTAGES SOUGHT AFTER FOR YEARS.

Go to the bottom of this page for a rolling transcript of the entire speech (with some typos). Another fun line:

DURING THE NEXT DECADE, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL BECOME POORER AND LESS FREE, WHILE THEY BECOME MORE DEPENDENT ON THE GOVERNMENT FOR ECONOMIC SECURITY.

And then:

I HAVE NO TIMETABLE FOR THESE PREDICTIONS, BUT JUST IN CASE KEEP THEM AROUND AND LOOK AT THEM IN FIVE TO 10 YEARS.

Ten years out, the only thing wrong with these predictions is that he wasn't pessimistic enough.

I'm sure that many of those in the chamber on that day and also those watching the speech on C-SPAN, asked themselves "Who is this nutty naysayer?"

Turns out he wasn't so nutty after all. And he didn't say quite enough nays.

Imagine if he had gotten up there and predicted, "The U.S. will invade Iraq with no plan whatsoever for policing a hostile populace afterward."

They might have sent the men in white suits for him.

Nobody could be that dumb.

Alas, Bush was.

It's amazing how much Ron got right.

As to what he got wrong, we don't have the draft yet.

But just give President Obamney some time.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-16-2012 at 11:55 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +rep and shared
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

I've seen this before, and it's just as powerful as when I first saw it. That last split second of him sitting in the oval office really gets me. What possibly could have been....

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin4Paul View Post
    I've seen this before, and it's just as powerful as when I first saw it. That last split second of him sitting in the oval office really gets me. What possibly could have been....
    Yah, I saw it a while back, the video is a few months old, but Mulshine's comments are new.

unfortunately i believe there is one edit where he says there will be a draft. we can only hope he was wrong about that prediction.

All of these predictions videos and articles, all of this wasted opportunity by the campaign.

We would have been better off using 500k of the $33 million on a good tech team who could design 100s of videos using Ron's articles and speeches instead of paying boobs like Benton and Hack Hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

I had to share that link on FB, perhaps it will get people prepared to listen.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin