Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul pledges $9+ Billion to Israel [Mod Note: speculation]

Rand Paul pledges $9+ Billion to Israel [Mod Note: speculation]

"Fiscal conservative" Rand Paul pledges $9+ Billion to Israel on the backs of American taxpayers

By Martin Hill

Romney Lapdog Joins Criminal Senate, Guarantees $9 Billion Dollars (plus interest) in Loans to Israel in six second voice vote U.S. Senate also acknowledges "efforts to expand cooperation between the United States and Israel in homeland security, counter-terrorism, maritime security, energy, cyber-security, and other related areas."

::::::::

By Martin Hill
    LibertyFight.com
    July 9, 2012

http://libertyfight.com/2012/crimina...6_seconds.html

Have you heard about the the "United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012"? It was introduced by Senator Barbara Boxer on 3/6/12 with 71 Cosponsors.

The House passed their version [H.R.4133] on May 9, pledging unlimited loyalty and riches to our "special friend" Israel, with only two congressman dissenting- Ron Paul and Democrat John Dingell of Michigan.

The U.S. Senate passed their version on Friday June 29, 2012. Known in the Senate as S.2165, the measure guaranteed an astonishing $9 billion dollars in loans to Israel (plus all fees and interest!) in addition to giving "military assistance- stockpiles of defense articles" valued at $200 million for 2013 and $200 million for 2014.

Boxer praised passage of the bill, stating "I am so pleased that the Senate moved quickly to pass this important bill, which reaffirms the important bond between the United States and Israel and helps ensure that Israel has the necessary tools to defend itself in this time of dynamic change in the Middle East."

Initially seeking documentation of which way turncoat Rand Paul voted on this treasonous bill, I tried to find the roll call votes. But as Harry Reid pointed out during the session, "THE NEXT ROLL CALL VOTE WILL BE AT NOON ON TUESDAY, JULY 10". The Senators passed this bill anonymously, in a so-called "voice vote"!

According to the Senate website, a "voice vote" is "A vote in which the presiding officer states the question, then asks those in favor and against to say "Yea" or "Nay," respectively, and announces the result according to his or her judgment. The names or numbers of senators voting on each side are not recorded.".

After tracking down the actual video of this travesty, which was no easy task- (they seem to make these things hard to find on purpose)- it was like watching something straight out of the twilight zone. Two old guys in suits mumbling under their breath in a strange monotone fashion, with the entire U.S. Senate taking literally less than six seconds total to squander 9 BILLION DOLLARS from the American people. A true outrage. They did not even call out each Senators name so that their constituents can hear whether they voted yea or nay.

You can watch the actual specific clip of this insane exchange now: [Direct link here.] Below is the transcript.

05:58:3023 sec.
    THE CLERK
    CALENDAR NUMBER 437, S. 2165, A BILL TO ENHANCE STRATEGIC COOPERATION BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES AND ISRAEL AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.

05:58:3918 sec.
    THE PRESIDING OFFICER
    WITHOUT OBJECTION, THE SENATE WILL PROCEED TO THE MEASURE.

05:58:4326 sec.
    Reid, Harry - U.S. Senator, [D] Nevada
    MR. PRESIDENT, I FURTHER ASK THAT THE COMMITTEE-REPORTED SUBSTITUTE AMENDMENT BE AGREED, THE BILL AS AMEND BE READ A THIRD TIME, PASSED, THE SENATE PROCEED...

05:58:5622 sec.
    THE PRESIDING OFFICER
    ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE. THOSE OPPOSED, NO. THE AYES APPEAR TO HAVE IT. THE AYES HAVE IT. THANKS

05:59:0321 sec.
    MR. REID
    THE AYES HAVE IT. THANKS MR. PRESIDENT. I ASK THAT THE MOTION TO RECONSIDER BE LAID ON THE TABLE,.

05:59:1015 sec.
    THE PRESIDING OFFICER
    WITHOUT OBJECTION.
    05:59:1217 sec.
    MR. REID
    ANY STATEMENTS BE PRINTED IN THE RECORD AT THE APPROPRIATE PLACE AS IF GIVEN.

05:59:1516 sec.
    THE PRESIDING OFFICER
    WITHOUT OBJECTION, SO ORDERED.

Confirming Rand Paul's support of this bill was Senator Johnny Isakson of Georgia, who said "I am very pleased that this important piece of legislation passed quickly and unanimously in the Senate today, demonstrating the United States' strong, unwavering commitment to Israel and its security and self-defense."
    Several other alleged small-government "Tea Party" types supported this bill as well, including Freshman Senator Mike Lee of Utah, who was a cosponsor of the bill, and Congressman Justin Amash, who voted for the House version of the bill on May 9th. In reality, it is absurd to contend that anyone who even nods to the notion of limited Constitutional government would for one second consider guaranteeing $9 billion dollars in loans to anyone, ever.

The bill will soon be sent to Obama for his signature. By going to http://thomas.loc.gov and typing the term United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012 in the search box, one can read full details on both the house and senate versions of this bill. The Senate version summary states that

"it is U.S. policy to: (1) reaffirm the commitment to Israel's security as a Jewish state, (2) provide Israel with the military capabilities to defend itself and help preserve its qualitative military edge, (3) expand military and civilian cooperation, (4) assist in a negotiated settlement of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that results in two states living side by side in peace and security, and (5) encourage Israel's neighbors to recognize Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state.
    Expresses the sense of Congress that the United States should take specified actions to assist in Israel's defense.
    Amends the Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2005 to extend authority to transfer certain obsolete or surplus Department of Defense (DOD) items to Israel.
    Amends the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 to extend authority to make additions to foreign-based defense stockpiles.
    Amends the Emergency Wartime Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2003 to extend specified loan guarantee authority to Israel.

The law required that a Senate report be done on the bill. On June 27, two days before the voice vote, Skull and bones member John Kerry presented the obligatory "written report No. 112-179". A perusal of that extremely scant document reveals that no real effort was taken to compile anything of substance in the report other than to continue bankrolling Israel.

The report [PDF] did acknowledge, however, "efforts to expand cooperation between the United States and Israel in homeland security, counter-terrorism, maritime security, energy, cyber-security, and other related areas."

Kerrys' report began with lies demonizing Iran: "SECTION 2. FINDINGS. This section provides several findings, including: that there is a special bond between the United States and Israel; that the Middle East is undergoing rapid change; that the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran continues to foment instability in the region; that the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran continues to enrich uranium in defiance of United Nations Security Council resolutions; that a nuclear-weapons capable Iran would threaten vital United States interests; and that the authority to make available loan guarantees to Israel is currently set to expire on September 30, 2012."

The report states "That the interest rate for loans guaranteed under this heading may include a reasonable fee to cover the costs and fees incurred by the borrower in connection with this program", but then goes on to state "That funds made available for assistance to Israel under chapter 4 of part II of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended, may be utilized by the Government of Israel to pay such fees to the United States Government"!

So we can charge them interest and fees on the $9 billion dollars, but then let them use our money to pay the fees! What could America, or the American people who supposedly elected these rats, possibly gain from this crazy alliance? More excerpts of interest from the report here: http://libertyfight.com/2012/crimina...6_seconds.html

Martin Hill is a Catholic paleoconservative and civil rights advocate. His work has been featured on LewRockwell.com, WhatReallyHappened, Infowars, PrisonPlanet, National Motorists Association, WorldNetDaily, The Orange County Register, KNBC4 Los Angeles, Los Angeles Catholic Lay Mission Newspaper, KFI 640, The Press Enterprise, Antiwar.com, IamtheWitness.com, FreedomsPhoenix, Rense, BlackBoxVoting, and many others. Archives can be found at LibertyFight.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Blegh...

"Compromise with us", they said. "This is how you get ahead in DC", they said.

Did you watch the House Oversight Committee hearing where Ron's Audit the Fed bill was discussed?

Elijah Cummings tried to water down the bill and obviously does not support HR 459. After his amendment failed, Issa asked for a voice vote on HR 459. No one said Nay, not even Elijah Cummings. Technically, it passed unanimously, but would you say that Elijah Cummings voted for HR 459?

Ummm, We're broke.

How in the sam-hell are we "loaning" squat?

Lol. Of course he did. This is how you infiltrate and overtake. You have to become them first.

If that's true, yeah, it's bad.

I guess no one really does any research on their own anymore...

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/S...501/stop/21960

Listen to the clip and tell me how many Senators voted.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Did you watch the House Oversight Committee hearing where Ron's Audit the Fed bill was discussed?

Elijah Cummings tried to water down the bill and obviously does not support HR 459. After his amendment failed, Issa asked for a voice vote on HR 459. No one said Nay, not even Elijah Cummings. Technically, it passed unanimously, but would you say that Elijah Cummings voted for HR 459?
    remember that picture of mel watt with cum dripping down the side of his chin? lol

I just sent an email to Rand Paul's office to ask them how he voted.

It was a voice vote. Rand did not vote, nor did any Senator. In cases where the vote would likely be 99-1 or 98-2, Rand usually chooses not to pick that particular fight.

Of course, he COULD choose to object and raise hell on every single bill, but he'd get nothing accomplished.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    Of course, he COULD choose to object and raise hell on every single bill, but he'd get nothing accomplished.
    He couldn't have objected. This wasn't a unanimous consent procedure. This was an actual voice vote so his options were either to say Yea, Nay or not say anything at all. I would guess he wasn't even in the chamber at the time or he didn't say anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Please, let us know.

He didn't vote, and neither did any other Senator. There was no roll call vote on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    He didn't vote, and neither did any other Senator. There was no roll call vote on this.
    The only Senator confirmed voting for it was Reid. Anyone else is speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    He couldn't have objected. This wasn't a unanimous consent procedure. This was an actual voice vote so his options were either to say Yea, Nay or not say anything at all. I would guess he wasn't even in the chamber at the time or he didn't say anything at all.
    /shrugs
    Really the same thing in my opinion. Any vote that there is significant opposition on will get called to a formal tallied vote. Rand didn't see the need to fight this battle.

I watched the video and the only one audible in it was Reid saying "Aye", so I think the OP in the article is quite a bit premature, and demonstrates the eagerness of some to blast Rand at every turn. I am not sure what they intend to gain by doing this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At least one did. I understand what malkusm said about choosing your battles, but it's also fair to say that choosing not to vote is a vote in itself.

But, I do understand what he did.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 07-12-2012 at 06:18 PM.

I have to remind people that this is one of just a few little corners of the United States where Israel is seen as the devil.

I never see any complaints about our "special relationship" with Great Britain, which has been quite deleterious to our national interest, while screwing over the Irish at every turn. And I don't see a lot of complaints about the money we hand to Pakistan, Egypt, the Palestinian Authority, and about a dozen other Arab/Islamic countries. But give a loan guarantee to Israel and there's hell to pay.

Frankly, we shouldn't be giving anyone any money, foreign or domestic. But the real target here is always the Devil, Israel.

I wonder why that is? Actually, I don't wonder why that is. I have been involved in a couple of Ron's campaigns and have met enough of us to know exactly why that is. And it's pretty sickening. The virulence with which Ron's supporters attack Israel at every turn is part of the reason the media has been able to marginalize Ron over the years.

People have taken his positions and imprinted their prejudices on those positions. Heck, Justin Amash is no lover of Israel, and even he saw the security need to vote for this bill. Maybe he has information we don't? Nah, he's just a sellout. And I'm not much of a Rand fan, but he stands up and fights when it's important. This probably didn't seem like a smart place to stand and fight. But no, he's a sell out too.

People need to look in the mirror and figure out why you have this reaction to Israel in particular. Israel is not an angel and it's not the devil. But it is the only place in the world where Jews have a haven. The only place in the world where they won't someday be in jeopardy. And since its founding, Jews have, for the first time in recorded history, not been mass murdered or oppressed anywhere in the world without recourse. Should the U.S. be giving Israel loan guarantees? No. But stopping loan guarantees to Israel when they're handing money to countries all over the Middle East and North Africa is probably dumber.

Well thank goodness.

As someone else said, this wasn't actually one of the "hotline" votes, so Rand didn't actually consent to anything. The only way that anyone could've objected to this bill is if they had yelled "no" on the Senate floor. Rand may not have even been on the Senate floor. And even if he was, Rand is smart enough to know that there's absolutely no point in forcing a vote that would end up being a 99-1 vote. Rand is smart and understands the right time to fight these battles.

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    I watched the video and the only one audible in it was Reid saying "Aye", so I think the OP in the article is quite a bit premature, and demonstrates the eagerness of some to blast Rand at every turn. I am not sure what they intend to gain by doing this.
    Yea, and the author used this as his ONLY justification for saying Rand voted for it:

Confirming Rand Paul's support of this bill was Senator Johnny Isakson of Georgia, who said "I am very pleased that this important piece of legislation passed quickly and unanimously in the Senate today, demonstrating the United States' strong, unwavering commitment to Israel and its security and self-defense."
    HR 459 passed "unanimously" in the House Oversight Committee even though Elijah Cummings was there trying to kill the bill. Just because he didn't expressly say NAY doesn't mean he voted for it.

I'm also really confused as to why people are looking for the slightest opportunity to blast Rand when that energy could be much better served for other purposes...maybe its because they know there's a lot of anger out there and writing these types of articles will get them hits.

At least one did. I understand what malkusm said about choosing your battles, but it's also fair to say that choosing not to vote is a vote in itself.

But, I do understand what he did.
    Yes, he didn't yell out "no" on the Senate floor in order to force a vote that would've been 99-1. There would've been absolutely no upside to him doing that.

BKOM, I don't hate Israel, but I don't like their attempt to use our military to carry out their wars. We are two sovereign nations. We are not one. And our government's duty is to our own country. To me, that is common sense. As far as foreign aid to any other country goes, I am just as much against that too.

Quote Originally Posted by BKom View Post
    I have to remind people that this is one of just a few little corners of the United States where Israel is seen as the devil.

I never see any complaints about our "special relationship" with Great Britain, which has been quite deleterious to our national interest, while screwing over the Irish at every turn. And I don't see a lot of complaints about the money we hand to Pakistan, Egypt, the Palestinian Authority, and about a dozen other Arab/Islamic countries. But give a loan guarantee to Israel and there's hell to pay.

Frankly, we shouldn't be giving anyone any money, foreign or domestic. But the real target here is always the Devil, Israel.

I wonder why that is? Actually, I don't wonder why that is. I have been involved in a couple of Ron's campaigns and have met enough of us to know exactly why that is. And it's pretty sickening. The virulence with which Ron's supporters attack Israel at every turn is part of the reason the media has been able to marginalize Ron over the years.

People have taken his positions and imprinted their prejudices on those positions. Heck, Justin Amash is no lover of Israel, and even he saw the security need to vote for this bill. Maybe he has information we don't? Nah, he's just a sellout. And I'm not much of a Rand fan, but he stands up and fights when it's important. This probably didn't seem like a smart place to stand and fight. But no, he's a sell out too.

People need to look in the mirror and figure out why you have this reaction to Israel in particular. Israel is not an angel and it's not the devil. But it is the only place in the world where Jews have a haven. The only place in the world where they won't someday be in jeopardy. And since its founding, Jews have, for the first time in recorded history, not been mass murdered or oppressed anywhere in the world without recourse. Should the U.S. be giving Israel loan guarantees? No. But stopping loan guarantees to Israel when they're handing money to countries all over the Middle East and North Africa is probably dumber.
    Eh sorry dude I can't get on board with this. You were sort of going somewhere until the last paragraph. Jews were mass murdered all throughout history until 1966? I'm pretty sure American Jewish communities have gotten on just fine since the 1800s.

But I digress - that's not really what the thread is about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

When was the last time Jews were mass murdered or oppressed in America? And for the record I'm against loans to ANY of the aforementioned countries. Screw Israel they work to undermine America as much as any other country in the middle-east.

And there may be a time to force a vote when a bill is being passed by unanimous consent, but this wasn't the time. It would be different if it were a bill of great importance, such as authorizing an overseas war. I do think that Rand made a mistake by not objecting to the Libya resolution that contained a no fly zone.

Also, does anyone honestly think all 100 Senators were present in the chamber when those six seconds occurred?

If not all 100 Senators were present, you can't use the claim that it passed unanimously to mean that all 100 Senators voted FOR the bill.

sigh..... i know if his old man was there he would have let his vote be known.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    sigh..... i know if his old man was there he would have let his vote be known.
    What would the point of that be though?

Rand is already known for wanting to end aid to Israel. His first bill as a Senator included ending aid to Israel. He spent his first month in office defending that position on national tv.

And since its founding, Jews have, for the first time in recorded history, not been mass murdered or oppressed anywhere in the world without recourse. Should the U.S. be giving Israel loan guarantees? No. But stopping loan guarantees to Israel when they're handing money to countries all over the Middle East and North Africa is probably dumber.
    No indeed! Now it's the government of Israel DOING the mass-murdering and oppression! And I'm supposed to keep quiet about them doing it with MY damn money? Not a chance. The Israeli government IS the devil.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast