Thread: Adrian Peterson arrested for resisting arrest (but nothing else?)

Adrian Peterson arrested for resisting arrest (but nothing else?)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-all-on-video/

If this story is true (which I'm sure it is), wow.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He'll really show the police state by voting democrat really, really, hard this time. I would like to think this type of stuff would usher people into libertarianism pretty quickly but usually the opposite is true.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    He'll really show the police state by voting democrat really, really, hard this time. I would like to think this type of stuff would usher people into libertarianism pretty quickly but usually the opposite is true.
    Yep, too many people just don't get it, even when it looks them square in the face (or jumps them from behind). Also, this officer must have some ego thinking he can tackle Peterson lol.

Quote Originally Posted by UpperDecker View Post
    Yep, too many people just don't get it, even when it looks them square in the face (or jumps them from behind). Also, this officer must have some ego thinking he can tackle Peterson lol.
    Yes, my husband found that aspect of it to be quite amusing. According to him, some of the biggest, highest paid athletes in the world can't make this guy fall down, yet this little punk ass cop thought he could?

If the law does in fact prohibit patrons from being in the bar past a certain time (in GA, as far as I know our only restriction is serving after2:00AM, but I could be wrong), then my gripe would be much more with the law, and I would have begrudgingly accepted that he paid the unfortunate price for refusing to comply. That'd be much more an issue with the system than police brutality....

But for the cop to wait until he was peacefully leaving to tackle him from behind, pretty much highlights the huge component of ego in the police state, that they feel they can arrest/abuse at any time anyone who has the balls to question them.

They're entirely lucky they didn't reinjure the knee he's rehabbing, or they could be looking at a massive lawsuit over this one.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

The same guy who compared being an NFL athlete to being a slave? No thanks. Gimme Arian Foster and Peyton Hillis any day of the week over this clown.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    If the law does in fact prohibit patrons from being in the bar past a certain time (in GA, as far as I know our only restriction is serving after2:00AM, but I could be wrong), then my gripe would be much more with the law, and I would have begrudgingly accepted that he paid the unfortunate price for refusing to comply. That'd be much more an issue with the system than police brutality....

But for the cop to wait until he was peacefully leaving to tackle him from behind, pretty much highlights the huge component of ego in the police state, that they feel they can arrest/abuse at any time anyone who has the balls to question them.

They're entirely lucky they didn't reinjure the knee he's rehabbing, or they could be looking at a massive lawsuit over this one.
    I don't know about the law there either. The story makes it sound like he was going to leave when they were making him, but he wanted to get a water before leaving. We will see when the whole story comes out.

And as a Vikings fan, I was very scared about his knee when I saw the part about the attempted tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    The same guy who compared being an NFL athlete to being a slave? No thanks. Gimme Arian Foster and Peyton Hillis any day of the week over this clown.
    Ugh I know, that comment pissed me off so bad. Dumb comments aside though, if the story is true this is absurd. Like I said, we'll have to wait and see.

Dude, he's a football player, not a political scientist (though I assume he's referring to the cartel-nature of the NFL that would fall under anti-trust laws if not for a union, in a messed-up relationship, where they'll draft and exploit cheap rookie contracts at the high-risk RB position like Forte's to run their career into the ground, paying them in some cases not even enough for a responsible investor to live the rest of their life on).

Anyways, I don't fully agree with that rationale (I respect that it's a business), but it's nonetheless irrelevant to him being a victim of the police state, just for having the nerve of saying that it's BS that he can't even get a glass of water at the establishment he probably jsut dropped a bunch of money in, to then be tackled and risking re-injury of the knee he just had surgery on as he was peacefully leaving.

And Peyton Hillis? Watched any football in 2011 or followed the offseason? Cuz after last year, he'll be lucky just to steal the goal-line work from Jamaal Charles.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UpperDecker View Post
    I don't know about the law there either. The story makes it sound like he was going to leave when they were making him, but he wanted to get a water before leaving. We will see when the whole story comes out.
    Yes, though the law is rather irrelevant here, when they waited until he was peacefully leaving to "subdue" him. If it turns out that AP was being hostile and agressive, then they could have arrested him then and been within the law, but the fact that they waited until he was leaving peacefully, and only charged him with "resisting arrest" (don't you have to commit an arrestable offense to be arrested?), it all reeks of police state BS.

Dude, he's a football player, not a political scientist (though I assume he's referring to the cartel-nature of the NFL that would fall under anti-trust laws if not for a union, in a messed-up relationship, where they'll draft and exploit cheap rookie contracts at the high-risk RB position like Forte's to run their career into the ground, paying them in some cases not even enough for a responsible investor to live the rest of their life on).

And Peyton Hillis? Watched any football in 2011 or followed the offseason? Cuz after last year, he'll be lucky just to steal the goal-line work from Jamaal Charles.
    I played football...a lot of my teammates weren't rocket scientists but they weren't complete morons either. In fact they were fairly current with important issues (possibly because of me ). However, to compare a seven/eight figure annual salary to picking cotton fields and not being paid for it is absurd. Just my opinion.

I mentioned Hillis and Foster because they've given Ron a few shout-outs in the clubhouse and on Twitter.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Drinks have to be collected at a bar at 2, but the place doesn't have to close. The cop was off duty, so he was working as a security guard for the club and telling him to leave, as the club was closing.

This happened in a bar in Bayou Place. Those bars are terrible, imo. One's a mechanical bull theme, etc.
    Last edited by kylejack; 07-07-2012 at 08:00 PM.

The thing is they didn't charge him with anything else. That should tip most people off that this guy wasn't breaking any laws and the police are clearly to blame because they didn't even charge him with anything except when the cop tried to jump him for absolutely no reason.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

I would be interested to know if anyone has ever been arrested and successfully convicted for resisting arrest and nothing else. You would think the court would never be able to justify that.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

The police are saying he pushed the off-duty cop in the shoulder:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-duty-officer/

The manager of the bar said he was very drunk and giving them a hard time all night.
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/07/adrian...rrested-drunk/

I don't really care about this guy one way or the other, but I'm looking forward to seeing the video!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    I would be interested to know if anyone has ever been arrested and successfully convicted for resisting arrest and nothing else. You would think the court would never be able to justify that.
    Yes, Carlos Miller was convicted only for resisting arrest. He won on appeal.
    Last edited by kylejack; 07-07-2012 at 11:17 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I played football...a lot of my teammates weren't rocket scientists but they weren't complete morons either. In fact they were fairly current with important issues (possibly because of me ). However, to compare a seven/eight figure annual salary to picking cotton fields and not being paid for it is absurd. Just my opinion.
    I don't know the context of the conversation, but if he was alluding to salary caps, then he might have a point in there somewhere.