Thread: Banning the death penalty

Banning the death penalty

I think Washington still has the death penalty right? How would one go about banning it? I'm not too politically savvy in terms of local/state politics. I think you have to get signatures or some $#@! and then it ends up on the ballot. I think banning the death penalty could get through since Washington is more liberal-minded than conservative-minded.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If California's Prop 34 succeeds, then I'm sure WA would be one of the first states to follow suit.

It has only executed 5 people, and only 9 people are on death row, since 1976.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by kojirodensetsu View Post
    I think Washington still has the death penalty right? How would one go about banning it? I'm not too politically savvy in terms of local/state politics. I think you have to get signatures or some $#@! and then it ends up on the ballot. I think banning the death penalty could get through since Washington is more liberal-minded than conservative-minded.
    Before you get all fired up about banning the death penalty you need to think about what we will use against the treasonous bastards that have occupied our political system first. Just saying .

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    Before you get all fired up about banning the death penalty you need to think about what we will use against the treasonous bastards that have occupied our political system first. Just saying .
    Perhaps we can even invent a new way of doing it and go completely overboard, irrevocably ruining any moral high ground we might have had.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Perhaps writing "Ron Paul is god" on a chalkboard over and over again for the rest of their lives? That might be more painful than death.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

Traitors should be stripped of their citizenship and banned from our territory. They should be given no more than 10 days to leave the country.

Murdering them isn't the right thing to do.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    Traitors should be stripped of their citizenship and banned from our territory. They should be given no more than 10 days to leave the country.

That and stripped of any ill gotten gain.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post

I agree. This eye for and eye thinking is wrong.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I agree. This eye for and eye thinking is wrong.
    I agree, once the troops are all back home send them straight to the front lines with nothing more than a gun with one bullet. They can do the fighting for our "freedoms" that are in such danger from the big bad terrorists.
    Last edited by QuickZ06; 10-23-2012 at 10:17 AM.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

i'm guessing an initiative would be the way to go. particularly if your legislators are not real open to this idea.

Eyman would be the guy to talk to about initiatives, but i doubt he'd be on board for this one. perhaps there are some national organizations that would be willing to carry-the-ball on this (ACLU?).

but i agree with Smart3 in that if prop 34 passes we may see an effort in WA. while conflicted on the message, i would definitely support this.

Tar and feathering isn't a death sentence - but boil the tar hot enough and...............