Thread: ChipIn for NV Delegate

ChipIn for NV Delegate

Well, I was hoping I would not have to make this thread, but… work has been slow and I could use some financial support for my trip to Tampa, as a Nevada delegate to the RNC. I understand that those of you that do not know me will want to make sure I am a dedicated Ron Paul supporter, so…

Here is my YouTube channel where I have posted my Ron Paul videos since 2007 http://www.youtube.com/user/VegasPatriot?feature=mhee.

I helped Stewart Rhodes start up Oath Keepers and I make most of their videos. I also started and maintain OK’s YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OathKeepersOK/featured

Here is the thread I started after becoming a delegate: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...evada-delegate!

I’m a bit leery of publishing too much private information, so I will stop here. If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Here is the link to my chipin page: http://vegaspatriot.chipin.com/vegaspatriot-to-tampa

Thank you for your support.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For anyone not in the know, Nevada has the highest unemployment in the country. The MSM reports it at 12%, but I can tell you because I live here that it is much much higher. Try at least 30%. The Citizens of our State have been devastated by the economy. So when I am unable to help a fellow Nevadan because I am broke off my ass, I mean it. So hopefully someone out there is in better financial shape than we are, at least to afford to get our Delegate to the National Convention! That $#@! aint cheap!

If anyone can help out our fellow RP Delegate, please chip in!

/bump
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    For anyone not in the know, Nevada has the highest unemployment in the country. The MSM reports it at 12%, but I can tell you because I live here that it is much much higher. Try at least 30%. The Citizens of our State have been devastated by the economy. So when I am unable to help a fellow Nevadan because I am broke off my ass, I mean it. So hopefully someone out there is in better financial shape than we are, at least to afford to get our Delegate to the National Convention! That $#@! aint cheap!

If anyone can help out our fellow RP Delegate, please chip in!

/bump
    Thanks for the bump brother, and yes the economy is hurting here in the vegas area. I am a home inspector and what realtors are telling me is that there is no inventory. Banks are not releasing foreclosed properties and most homes for sale are getting multiple offers. I'm told the inventory has not been this low since right before the market crashed. Hopefully things pick up soon.

bump!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I sat next to VegasPatriot when his name was read in Sparks as a National Delegate. I will find you at the upcoming central committee meeting at the Silverton and give what I can. Hook him up if you can he worked damn hard to get to be a delegate.

One thing that was asked from our delegates and that was they had the funds to go. I know many people that had the funds to go but were not selected from the pool. It is a shame
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

IF I had been asked while seeking a delegate spot, if I had the funds, I'd have said "Yes". But that would have been beforre this month's 4.6K sewer pipe bill, 3K car repair before inspection bill, etc. Things happen. I doubt if I can spare more than $5-10 right now, but, as I am led to, I will. Here's hoping enough fellow travelers do likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    One thing that was asked from our delegates and that was they had the funds to go. I know many people that had the funds to go but were not selected from the pool. It is a shame
    When Cindy Lake (dedicated RP supporter and temporary chair of the CCRCC) asked me if I was interested in going to this years national convention as a delegate I said “yes, but I’m not sure if I will be able to afford it.”

I met Cindy and her husband Jay during the 2008 campaign. Cindy and I were both on the RP slate for the national convention in 2008 and after the illegal shut down of the NV state convention many of us (the local grassroots supporters) were outraged and we wanted justice. At a meeting scheduled through our local Meetup group, everyone agreed we should file a lawsuit; but the cost was not cheap at $4000. When we only got a few hundred dollars in pledges from the 20-30 members attending, it looked like the lawsuit was dead. That’s when I made a decision to donate $2000 (The amount I planned to spend for my trip to Minneapolis). Cindy and Jay paid the balance. The lawsuit was not a success and we only sent four RP delegates to the convention. And when these four delegates (through a tremendous amount of pressure from the establishment during the RNC) cast their vote for McCain… Well, Jay and I were livid, and we were two of the most vocal in condemning their vote. There is no way, under any circumstances, either of us would have allowed our (unbound at that time) vote go to McCain.

So maybe that’s why, after expressing my financial concerns about attending this years RNC, Jay said to me, “We can’t afford to send delegates that may buckle under pressure. We need our strongest most dedicated grassroots supporters; and you are one of the very few people I trust to go and stand strong.” Well… I decided Jay was right. We need strong representation from the grassroots supporters, supporters that will not be swayed by any potential future political aspirations. So I decided I will not quit. I will stand strong. And I will continue to do all I can to support Ron Paul and his message.

I have invested everything I have over the past five years to try to do my best to advance the cause of liberty. I even placed myself in severe debt when I funded the start-up costs of Oath Keepers. At one point I had loaned over $12,000 to OK, many times skipping mortgage payments so I could buy supplies for membership packages, or t-shirts, or various other costs that come when starting such an organization. I knew, as a long time small business owner, that if OK was to be successful, the first year would be the hardest. It was a risky adventure, but one I believed in and eventually I was reimbursed. I am proud of my accomplishments and I will continue to pledge my life, my fortune, and my sacred honor towards this liberty movement.

So when you say, “it is a shame” I take it you mean it’s a shame that I was chosen as a delegate. I’m sorry you feel this way, but I will not feel shame for accepting the responsibility to stand strong for Ron Paul and his message at this years RNC. But yes, I am somewhat embarrassed that I have had to ask for donations. This was very hard for me… I just had so many of the people that are close to me tell me ‘this is ok, you have sacrificed enough’. Regardless of the amount of money I raise through this chipin (it’s at $100 as of now), nothing will stop me from making this trip. I was just hoping I could get by with a little help from my friends here at RPF.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasPatriot View Post
    When Cindy Lake (dedicated RP supporter and temporary chair of the CCRCC) asked me if I was interested in going to this years national convention as a delegate I said “yes, but I’m not sure if I will be able to afford it.”

I met Cindy and her husband Jay during the 2008 campaign. Cindy and I were both on the RP slate for the national convention in 2008 and after the illegal shut down of the NV state convention many of us (the local grassroots supporters) were outraged and we wanted justice. At a meeting scheduled through our local Meetup group, everyone agreed we should file a lawsuit; but the cost was not cheap at $4000. When we only got a few hundred dollars in pledges from the 20-30 members attending, it looked like the lawsuit was dead. That’s when I made a decision to donate $2000 (The amount I planned to spend for my trip to Minneapolis). Cindy and Jay paid the balance. The lawsuit was not a success and we only sent four RP delegates to the convention. And when these four delegates (through a tremendous amount of pressure from the establishment during the RNC) cast their vote for McCain… Well, Jay and I were livid, and we were two of the most vocal in condemning their vote. There is no way, under any circumstances, either of us would have allowed our (unbound at that time) vote go to McCain.

So maybe that’s why, after expressing my financial concerns about attending this years RNC, Jay said to me, “We can’t afford to send delegates that may buckle under pressure. We need our strongest most dedicated grassroots supporters; and you are one of the very few people I trust to go and stand strong.” Well… I decided Jay was right. We need strong representation from the grassroots supporters, supporters that will not be swayed by any potential future political aspirations. So I decided I will not quit. I will stand strong. And I will continue to do all I can to support Ron Paul and his message.

I have invested everything I have over the past five years to try to do my best to advance the cause of liberty. I even placed myself in severe debt when I funded the start-up costs of Oath Keepers. At one point I had loaned over $12,000 to OK, many times skipping mortgage payments so I could buy supplies for membership packages, or t-shirts, or various other costs that come when starting such an organization. I knew, as a long time small business owner, that if OK was to be successful, the first year would be the hardest. It was a risky adventure, but one I believed in and eventually I was reimbursed. I am proud of my accomplishments and I will continue to pledge my life, my fortune, and my sacred honor towards this liberty movement.

So when you say, “it is a shame” I take it you mean it’s a shame that I was chosen as a delegate. I’m sorry you feel this way, but I will not feel shame for accepting the responsibility to stand strong for Ron Paul and his message at this years RNC. But yes, I am somewhat embarrassed that I have had to ask for donations. This was very hard for me… I just had so many of the people that are close to me tell me ‘this is ok, you have sacrificed enough’. Regardless of the amount of money I raise through this chipin (it’s at $100 as of now), nothing will stop me from making this trip. I was just hoping I could get by with a little help from my friends here at RPF.
    I meant that it is a shame that this has become an issue. I am sure you are a great supporter of the cause and I meant no disrespect. I wish you luck in getting to Tampa. The delegate selection process could have been improved though
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

pcgame

Last edited by pcgame; 07-18-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Cana't find the Chip-In button on your Chip-In page. Please check or let me know if the problem is with this laptop blocking it (no messages saying they're blocking it).

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnuhana View Post
    Cana't find the Chip-In button on your Chip-In page. Please check or let me know if the problem is with this laptop blocking it (no messages saying they're blocking it).
    Hmmm, it should be showing on the upper right side of the page and it seems to be working for me in firefox and IE. I think it might be something on your end. I tried pasting the link to the page the donation button sends me to... but that doesn't seem to work. I will see if I can figure this out and let you know. Thanks for your support.

I thought I would bump this thread with some good news. For those concerned about whether or not NV would nominate Ron Paul at this years RNC... Over this past weekend, I signed the official document needed to nominate Ron Paul (from the Nevada delegation). My signature was the 15th signature… which is the final signature needed for plurality.

As far as my chip-in is concerned… I could still use some help so if you can please donate.

If you want me to sticky this I will. Up to you if you think it is better to have it float, or stickied.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I thought I would bump this thread with some good news. For those concerned about whether or not NV would nominate Ron Paul at this years RNC... Over this past weekend, I signed the official document needed to nominate Ron Paul (from the Nevada delegation). My signature was the 15th signature… which is the final signature needed for plurality.

As far as my chip-in is concerned… I could still use some help so if you can please donate.
    This is good, no, great, no, fantastic news !
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    If you want me to sticky this I will. Up to you if you think it is better to have it float, or stickied.
    Yes, please sticky...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just a personal note here. I vetted the NV delegates for the campaign four years ago. When it came down to only four, we left Vegas Patriot off the list. But that was a mistake. We only knew that in retrospect, but I can promise you that if you want someone who will do the right thing in Tampa, VegasPatriot is the guy you want there.

Addendum: I just contributed a bit to the cause.
    Last edited by BKom; 07-30-2012 at 07:58 PM.

bumping a good cause!

How is this not huge news?

Quote Originally Posted by davegod75 View Post
    How is this not huge news?
    huge news and news we want every casual viewer to focus on are not necessarily identical.

However, he can't vote for Ron if he doesn't have the money to go. I'm thinking we should set up something like a money bomb with links to the chip ins to fill them, or something. To raise the profile of these on twitter, etc.

anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-06-2012 at 07:27 PM.

I need something more then this, is there anything outside this forum!

I am whoring on several forums, I need the data!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco Warden View Post
    I need something more then this, is there anything outside this forum!

I am whoring on several forums, I need the data!!

You are posted on DP as well. Twitter?

Nevada is one of the 5.

Nice!

this guy is offering to house some delegates: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...OR-CONVENTION)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just chipped in. Hope others are willing to help. Getting close to Tampa day here...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Event Title: VegasPatriot to Tampa
    ChipIn Event Organizer: NV delegate fund to Tampa
    Transaction ID: 0bd6a4644883d47b
    Contribution Amount: $30.00
    Best of luck VP
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 08-17-2012 at 12:43 PM.

I just got word through email that the campaign will be helping with my expenses so I no longer need new donations! Any amount of money I receive over and above my expenses will go to help other Nevada delegates in need of assistance. Thanks for all the support and well wishes... I will do my best representing Ron Paul and the liberty movement while in Tampa.

thank you!