Thread: Article: 'Special Feature: Ron Paul Supporters Get Ready for Pre-Convention Festivities'

Article: 'Special Feature: Ron Paul Supporters Get Ready for Pre-Convention Festivities'

http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/sto...on-festivities

“Those people present who are rather new to the liberty message might be supporting the GOP,” predicted Tracy Diaz, a member of the festival's planning committee, in an interview with Sunshine State News. “But I think the staunch supporters of the movement will be voting either Libertarian or not at all in the election. I don’t think a single one of them will be supporting the Romney ticket.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDewgooder View Post
    http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/sto...on-festivities

“Those people present who are rather new to the liberty message might be supporting the GOP,” predicted Tracy Diaz, a member of the festival's planning committee, in an interview with Sunshine State News. “But I think the staunch supporters of the movement will be voting either Libertarian or not at all in the election. I don’t think a single one of them will be supporting the Romney ticket.
    I know I won't. I just, with a clear conscience, pull the lever for Mitt. I would rather have 4 more years of Hell with Obama then possibly 16 years of Hell with R Money and Mr. "Watch Me Balance The Budget In 30 years Cause My Name Sounds Like The Guy Who Can Do It In 3" Paul Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Mr. "Watch Me Balance The Budget In 30 years Cause My Name Sounds Like The Guy Who Can Do It In 3" Paul Ryan.
    the sad part is, Mittens could have selected Paul Bunyan and a lot people would have still thought Ron Paul

It's amazing to me the number of people who are influenced by a VP pick. The Vice President does nothing. His only job is to break ties in the Senate (which practically never happens relative to the number of total votes that take place in the senate), and hide and wait in case something bad happens to the president, so he gets to take over—which is more rare than tie-breaking votes.

Romney could have picked Satan himself to serve as VP and Satan would have been just as powerless over policy issues, according to the role of a vice president.

Ever notice how you only hear from Biden maybe once a year? I imagine we'll hear from Paul Ryan just as much. People who are voting for Romney based on the Ryan pick are only trying to make-believe that a Romney presidency is somehow made potentially better by this choice of running-mate. It changes nothing.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-21-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

what amazes me more is that Romney has declared himself the nominee by selecting a VP ... and then the RNC schedule comes out and what's on tap:

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    In bold I have highlighted what could be potentially interesting moments.

http://mentionedoncspan.tumblr.com/p...ntion-schedule

Roll Call for Nomination of President of the United States
    Roll Call for Nomination of Vice President of the United States

I will be supporting Gary Johnson after voting for the Republican ticket for the 20 years that I have been voting since 18.

The GOP is ran by criminals who only give lip service about smaller govt.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    I will be supporting Gary Johnson after voting for the Republican ticket for the 20 years that I have been voting since 18.

Really? No one here would have ever guessed.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post

Do you include Dr. Paul as GOP?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Really? No one here would have ever guessed.

Completely blown away, coulda sworn this was ronpaulforums.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1 View Post
    Completely blown away, coulda sworn this was ronpaulforums.com
    pretty sure Kathy doesn't see Dr. Paul as being GOP...

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDewgooder View Post
    pretty sure Kathy doesn't see Dr. Paul as being GOP...

Well he sure as hell isn't Libertarian. Libertarian leaning maybe, but he himself is Republican. Don't see how anyone can mistake that since he wants more liberty activists in the R party and has run under the R banner last two cycles.

Besides, my post was sarcastic. Ive been to the GJ forums and from what I've seen there aren't RP Republicans over there trying to get them to work in the R party like the GJ people over here are trying to get us to leave and push L party ideals.
    Last edited by Cody1; 08-21-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Uh, guys, I'm pretty sure Kathy was being sarcastic, as Liberty74 has expressed more than a few times that he was going to vote for Johnson. lol

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Uh, guys, I'm pretty sure Kathy was being sarcastic, as Liberty74 has expressed more than a few times that he was going to vote for Johnson. lol
    That's what I was trying to get across. Some people here get it!

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Truth. You guys can bite my ass if you don't know where I stand after all this time.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous