Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Conservative" teen wunderkind no longer a "conservative"...shocker. /sarcasm

"Conservative" teen wunderkind no longer a "conservative"...shocker. /sarcasm

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/teen...-conservative/

So he's not really a social conservative anymore, but he doesn't want to call himself a liberal.

Well Jonathan, welcome to neo-conservatism. We always knew you'd arrive there sooner or later.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL Exactly. He's a neo-con now. It's a big club, and now he can easily fit into "either" party.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

lol, John Krohn was the name of my weed dealer in college.

I'll bet this kid becomes a weed dealer at NYU.
    Last edited by dannno; 07-03-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Hilarious

Honestly I don't remember this kid at all tho

well at least the little nazi knows who he is now

I am shocked I tell ya.... Shocked. Though it will work well for his future career when he goes on national television as a moral crusader and talks about his time "slumming it" as a drug using, alcohol addicted liberal and uses that to somehow work into why he is crying about 9/11 every two minutes. Glenn Beck will have nothing on you kid.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Can anyone name any real conservative intellectuals? It's no shocker it's a dying breed; incoherent, contradictory, and very violent. Who was the last intellectual they had? Kirk? Been dead for almost twenty years now.

We're finally coming back to the central issue and competing philosophies - Libertarianism or Progressivism (Tyranny). It's always been this battle. This kid should read Chodorov, Bastiat, Dunoyer, Quesnay, Overton, John Taylor of Caroline, Anti-Federalist Papers, etc.

How can you say your position is correct if you stick to Nietzche and Wittgenstein type of folks, and on the other hand are people like Coulter..LOL. Read Hegel, Read Marx, Read Hobson, Read Proudhon, Read Burke and Kirk, and early Buckley, and then read Rothbard, Mises, Bastiat, Paine, and Bright/Cobden, and Molinari, Herbert Spencer, and Nock, and John T. Flynn, and then maybe you can discern where your values lay and where the truth lay.
    Last edited by Austrian Econ Disciple; 07-03-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

I never got why conservatives were buzzing so much on this kid. But then again, I'm the only guy I know who wasn't bowled over by Obama's keynote speech at the 2004 DNC too.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    Can anyone name any real conservative intellectuals? It's no shocker it's a dying breed; incoherent, contradictory, and very violent. Who was the last intellectual they had? Kirk? Been dead for almost twenty years now.

We're finally coming back to the central issue and competing philosophies - Libertarianism or Progressivism (Tyranny). It's always been this battle. This kid should read Chodorov, Bastiat, Dunoyer, Quesnay, Overton, John Taylor of Caroline, Anti-Federalist Papers, etc.

How can you say your position is correct if you stick to Nietzche and Wittgenstein type of folks, and on the other hand are people like Coulter..LOL. Read Hegel, Read Marx, Read Hobson, Read Proudhon, Read Burke and Kirk, and early Buckley, and then read Rothbard, Mises, Bastiat, Paine, and Bright/Cobden, and Molinari, Herbert Spencer, and Nock, and John T. Flynn, and then maybe you can discern where your values lay and where the truth lay.
    The non-Paul wing of conservatism is, generally, filled with hate, bigotry, authoritarianism and the infantile disease of nationalism. Listening to every presidential candidate not named Ron Paul was extremely difficult this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    I never got why conservatives were buzzing so much on this kid. But then again, I'm the only guy I know who wasn't bowled over by Obama's keynote speech at the 2004 DNC too.
    People are generally very, very stupid.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

He says he got into German philosophy so I'm not surprised.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

He was just a little kid at 13 that didn't know anything, but now that he's a wise old man at age 17 he knows who he is. Yeah right kid.

I admire his candor at least but he'll go through so many phases and changes over the years that he'll forget who he thinks he is at 17.

What's the old saying? If you're not liberal in your 20's then you have no heart. If you're not conservative in your 40's then you have no brain.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    |

Sorry.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Where is this kid going to school???? Obamacare??? He likes obamacare???? He is that intellectually lazy to be snookered on a monstrousity like Obamacare?? Or is he overly EMO???? I think it's the latter.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-03-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    He was just a little kid at 13 that didn't know anything, but now that he's a wise old man at age 17 he knows who he is. Yeah right kid.

I admire his candor at least but he'll go through so many phases and changes over the years that he'll forget who he thinks he is at 17.

What's the old saying? If you're not liberal in your 20's then you have no heart. If you're not conservative in your 40's then you have no brain.
    So true. I also grew up traditionally conservative, and then almost became liberal once educated about all of the problems of globalism and crony capitalism. However, it was a recognition that their solutions only made the problems worse that I quickly settled on libertarianism/fiscal conservatism (which is the true conservatism, not the special interests that it's been hijacked with just the same as the democrats).
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Good point. He may think he is already fully-formed ideologically, but he seems clever enough and inquisitive enough to stumble onto libertarianism eventually.

When I was 17, I was a theocratic neocon. At 22 I was hardcore left progressive. Now at 28, I'm a libertarian anarchist. 10 years can change everything.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The roots of your raising run deep. You'll come back for the strength that you need - Merle Haggard
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Yep. And he'll eventually hate the philosophies he clings to now.

...man. I'm happy no one was recording the things I so confidently spouted when I was 13. And 17. I was so much older than. I'm younger than that now.

At least he recognizes the failure of conservatism. Now he needs to recognize the failure of other brands of statism-including the one he's embraced. It may take a while for this character, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Pretty much. The French is where it is at.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com

Because mainstream, retail "conservatism" is nothing more than a program to sell books and advertising on the radio. There aren't any principles to it. Just think of Hannity trying to say the founding fathers were conservatives -- they weren't, they were more often than not liberals (but in the classical sense, not the vapid egalitarian sense of today). They saw the french push for libertie/egalitie/fraternitie and wanted no part in any of that. Probably why I see so many modern liberals profess to be fans of the French revolution.

Even then, what is really all about, beyond semantics? Someone in the 12th century would scoff at my rough scribble of ideologies, no doubt. People who personally adhere to a strict metaphysics and philosophy are quite rare, and really have no place in politics. Kind of like hardcore, absolutist puritan libertarians. It's easy to shout someone down when you adhere to an absolutist view where there can't be an exception.

At least the kid is realizing that reading books by Neil Boortz does not make one an expert on "conservatism." I recall that being one of the books on his bookshelf, displayed prominently as if "you can't argue with me, I've read Boortz!!!"
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

I was bowled over by the fact that they were letting some unknown state senator have a primetime speaking spot and I thought then "they're grooming this dude to run for president". As for the kid, just finding a 13 year old boy that knows something more about the world then sports, girls and video games is enough to impress some people. Speaking of girls, I bet that's why he dropped his conservative ideals.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I was bowled over by the fact that they were letting some unknown state senator have a primetime speaking spot and I thought then "they're grooming this dude to run for president". As for the kid, just finding a 13 year old boy that knows something more about the world then sports, girls and video games is enough to impress some people. Speaking of girls, I bet that's why he dropped his conservative ideals.
    Correct. EMO based peer pressure which was what I suspected.

There are numerous scenarios where he would be simply outmaneuvered based on that prevalent biases that manifest themselves at that age group:

- You really want to let poor people suffer without life saving healthcare? You are a monster!!! <slaps face as she leaves for her class>

- So you are against my reproductive rights??? Don't touch me Jesus freak!!!

- Sound money??!!!?? How do you expect me to pay my college loans when your policies would dramatically increase my rates??
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-03-2012 at 03:47 PM.

just to be clear this kid was never for sound money afaik

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Sure to be a leader of his generation's return to conservatism." - Newt Gingrich

Yeaaa... riggggghttt....

I'll bet anything he flips back in about 10 years so we can all remember him for a few seconds again.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Because mainstream, retail "conservatism" is nothing more than a program to sell books and advertising on the radio. There aren't any principles to it. Just think of Hannity trying to say the founding fathers were conservatives -- they weren't, they were more often than not liberals (but in the classical sense, not the vapid egalitarian sense of today). They saw the french push for libertie/egalitie/fraternitie and wanted no part in any of that. Probably why I see so many modern liberals profess to be fans of the French revolution.

Even then, what is really all about, beyond semantics? Someone in the 12th century would scoff at my rough scribble of ideologies, no doubt. People who personally adhere to a strict metaphysics and philosophy are quite rare, and really have no place in politics. Kind of like hardcore, absolutist puritan libertarians. It's easy to shout someone down when you adhere to an absolutist view where there can't be an exception.

At least the kid is realizing that reading books by Neil Boortz does not make one an expert on "conservatism." I recall that being one of the books on his bookshelf, displayed prominently as if "you can't argue with me, I've read Boortz!!!"
    So, there is no room for people in politics who proclaim that thievery is always morally unjust? Or that all murder is unjust? That you can not hold any non-contradictory principles? Why, yes, I agree! Thanks for making my point for me. So, how are you going to make any 'change' in such a system that completely shuts out justice and morality? Their entire de jure is based on whims and fancies.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com

The GOP was so excited about him, too.

"Yay, we have (a) youth in our party. Look everyone! Obama has his youth movement, now we have ours!"

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

"I started getting into philosophy — Nietzsche, Wittgenstein, Kant and lots of other German philosophers."
    Ah..... nothing like a little dialecticism to turn your "principles" to mush.

Amen to this thread.

I remember noticing that kid up there at CPAC, and thinking how dumb it was to have a 13 year old as a speaker to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Because he's sexually repulsed by them? Could be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast