Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We did well in Oregon, totals not completely in

We did well in Oregon, totals not completely in

as in Texas, it appears they don't want precise details out so for right now I've pulled our thread. We still have it though, and when we get it sorted out we can put it back up.

they tried improper adjournment and each CD handled it differently, after the main delegates were elected but before alternates were because they knew we were doing well and wanted to appoint them themselves. We need to get our real delegates, to Tampa since delegate alternates, even when properly voted in, are sure to be challenged since they are claiming they adjourned.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-23-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks, hopefully it won't be too long. I think we can say in general it's good, but they asked for no details or video posted until the lawyers go over it.

So more cheating then. After this last week the Lawyers4RP folks will have to motion to amend their complaint to add a lot more $#@!. Keep it up GOP. You're passing with flying colors.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

good news. Can't wait for tampa!

Godspeed to our delegates and lawyers! and the judge overseeing the case

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    So more cheating then. After this last week the Lawyers4RP folks will have to motion to amend their complaint to add a lot more $#@!. Keep it up GOP. You're passing with flying colors.
    gas? what a stink.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

[substance deleted by mod because that is precisely what we aren't supposed to post yet. I know some others havent' pulled theirs yet. Just know each cd acted differently making the legal arguments for each cd different, and the outcome is better in some than others. Sorry for the deletion, but attorneys are concerned casual mischaractorizations by those who don't know the legal implications of minor differences might jeopardize a legal case if quoted, at least that seems to be their reasoning]
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-24-2012 at 11:30 AM.

sorry, parocks.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry sailingaway. Too late I read it
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Drats! I missed it...

I caught it too, we be insiders now.

only on one cd

I don't know how much it matters, just that we were asked to take info off social media.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    sorry, parocks.
    i vaguely understand the rationale for this - someone doesn't like it, right? I don't see how this hurts. Why "what happened" needs to be a secret. The people who were there know what happened. The Romney people in Oregon filed a full report to Romney. No secrets are being spread. It just seems that RPF is supposed to be 100% chaff, with a 0% wheat content. This has happened many times, in many different contexts. The one thing that seems like useful information that will make everyone smarter and more informed about what is going on is moved to hot topics or deleted because in theory the opposing campaigns are so clueless that they can't get their own info from their own sources. The other campaigns can and do get their own info. The people who don't get the info isn't Team Romney but us. We're the ones remaining clueless and in the dark, based on that flawed theory that people don't know what's going on. I can will and do fight argue and discuss things that don't matter, endless blather about Rand Paul, Paul Fest, Adam Kokesh. Is that RPF is supposed to be - pure pointless blather? Is that the measurement? This might be good information - delete. This is clearly the rantings of a crazy person - keep it in grassroots. It doesn't really matter at this point, it would've been more helpful, overall, if RPF was pushed toward excellence, excellent information, excellent projects implemented excellently, as opposed to random pointless jibberjabber.

I can only explain with a hypothetical, and this is only my guess as to why the attorneys don't like it:

Suppose a person saw a woman in a blue dress get hit by a dark colored car and her child fly from her arms and cause another car to swerve and hit another car, knocking it into pedestrians.

This person writes up a quick blog on how shocking it was, the woman dead and blood on the street and the baby permanently crippled and the pedestrians taken by ambulence....

but in the fervent write up the person says it was a black car when in fact it was a dark blue car, the person just wasn't really focusing on the car.

People working for the dark blue car driver then say 'see it was black!! Wrong car!!'

Usually that person is just a bystander but if that person is a party to the suit, if any, say a delegate in a suit brought for delegates, that is an ADMISSION and can be admitted into court, and the person writing wasn't really even thinking about the car color, and on thinking about it would say, you know, I'm not really sure what color it was, but it was dark, and it was a bright day....

To the extent it is fought in the media those with control of the media (certainly not us) can put mistakes like that together as 'proof' in media spin for the other side.

obviously, I just made up the above, but the principles are true, so when I was told the attorneys were asking stuff not be posted on social media before they had a chance to get unaltered 'testimony' from the actual people there, I assume it is something like that.

and that people can later change 'facts' if questioned by people who want it to go a certain way, and attorneys who know they will have to prove facts against people who also have to prove facts want to get the unaltered testimony to check out and compare with other instances, so they can work out the truth.

All the information will be available to make us smarter, later, once the attorneys have had a chance to get the story straight, as I understand it.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-24-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Just thinking about whats out there....

Research origins of this:
    Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus.
    If you wanna have some fun research this one (origin of "testimony"):
    "Testis unus, testis nullus"

If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Research origins of this:
    Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus.
    If you wanna have some fun research this one (origin of "testimony"):
    "Testis unus, testis nullus"
    That last one, "testis nullus" sounds like the libido nullification curse my wife has been wishing upon me for many years now. (It isn't working.)
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

My crazy whistling YouTube channel
    My crazy whistling music on iTunes

I can only explain with a hypothetical, and this is only my guess as to why the attorneys don't like it:

Suppose a person saw a woman in a blue dress get hit by a dark colored car and her child fly from her arms and cause another car to swerve and hit another car, knocking it into pedestrians.

This person writes up a quick blog on how shocking it was, the woman dead and blood on the street and the baby permanently crippled and the pedestrians taken by ambulence....

but in the fervent write up the person says it was a black car when in fact it was a dark blue car, the person just wasn't really focusing on the car.

People working for the dark blue car driver then say 'see it was black!! Wrong car!!'

Usually that person is just a bystander but if that person is a party to the suit, if any, say a delegate in a suit brought for delegates, that is an ADMISSION and can be admitted into court, and the person writing wasn't really even thinking about the car color, and on thinking about it would say, you know, I'm not really sure what color it was, but it was dark, and it was a bright day....

To the extent it is fought in the media those with control of the media (certainly not us) can put mistakes like that together as 'proof' in media spin for the other side.

obviously, I just made up the above, but the principles are true, so when I was told the attorneys were asking stuff not be posted on social media before they had a chance to get unaltered 'testimony' from the actual people there, I assume it is something like that.

and that people can later change 'facts' if questioned by people who want it to go a certain way, and attorneys who know they will have to prove facts against people who also have to prove facts want to get the unaltered testimony to check out and compare with other instances, so they can work out the truth.

All the information will be available to make us smarter, later, once the attorneys have had a chance to get the story straight, as I understand it.
    Ok, I'm not griping about the specifics and I see the rationale to some degree. The concern is more with the overall trend or policy (not that it really matters at this juncture).

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlinDave View Post
    That last one, "testis nullus" sounds like the libido nullification curse my wife has been wishing upon me for many years now. (It isn't working.)
    Well when Roman citizen was giving evidence in court, he would place his hand on his testicles as a sign that he was telling the truth.
    testis= witness= testicle.
    No balls no witnesses.
    1 witness (test ) is like no witnesses.

[deleted by mod]

this one might be deleted as well - so be it - its daily paul video from oregon
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-25-2012 at 04:52 PM.

There is a clear difference between posting unaltered video of an event and someone's impressions of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post

this one might be deleted as well - so be it - its daily paul video from oregon
    Yeah, I'm thinking about it. They basically have information, accurate and not, plastered all over there. They don't seem to worry about it, but Michael is in China so I am not sure who is making that decision.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-25-2012 at 06:38 PM.

I was a PCP (similar to a delegate) at the CD1 convention in Oregon. I was running as an alternate delegate to national... but we never got to vote on alternates. However, we did very well in delegate selection.

Our slate was definitely compromised at CD1. Some slimy Romney guy snapped multiple photos of it and ran away.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophage View Post
    I was a PCP (similar to a delegate) at the CD1 convention in Oregon. I was running as an alternate delegate to national... but we never got to vote on alternates. However, we did very well in delegate selection.
    apparently there is an open state house seat in oregon, I posted it. Any desire to run? PCPs can vote, but maybe you have to be from that area, I'll find it.

here you go, it is for seat 26, the convention to elect the nominee, I guess, is July 7 http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...t-26-in-Oregon

I wonder if the new GOP establishment plan will be to shut down remaining conventions before alternates can be seated, thus giving the Party the ability to select alternates and then try to prevent the Paul delegates from attending Tampa through credential shenanigans. This of course would seat the Party approved alternates in place of the elected Paulites and give Romney all the more establishment picks.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Yeah, I'm thinking about it. They basically have information, accurate and not, plastered all over there. They don't seem to worry about it, but Michael is in China so I am not sure who is making that decision.
    Yeah, I know that everyone who was there or following along here real time knows what happened. And you can find it on the Daily Paul. But this is what the people here in CD3 are saying so I'm going to wait until I hear differently:

I was asked to pass along the word that we should not make any public statements about what happened at Oregon's district conventions today (June 23rd) or post video until the lawyers have been consulted. This could be pretty cool!
    Tom Armstrong (state coodinator) and I are getting in touch with the national campaign and compiling reports among the various districts--especially the names and contact info. of our candidates who won in each district because they will likely be contacted directly with further instruction from the national campaign.

In the meantime, send any information you would like them to have to me: jvance444@gmail.com.

After we touch base with the campaign, we will consider moving forward with ORP and/or whatever else. But until we have a united front on how we're going to move forward, hold off on any public communication and even on social media.

All of the info. and footage that we have will not go away--we're simply waiting a short time to decide how to use it most effectively.

And please stay positive and respectful--that's our greatest asset right now. They're the ones who appear improper.

Thanks,
    Joe Vance
    acting state coordinator
    419-631-9283
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/ronpa...86564561391538

I think of it as why you don't talk to the police before a lawyer. Even if you did nothing wrong and have nothing to hide you may unknowingly say something that they can and will use against you later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    Yeah, I know that everyone who was there or following along here real time knows what happened. And you can find it on the Daily Paul. But this is what the people here in CD3 are saying so I'm going to wait until I hear differently:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ronpa...86564561391538

I think of it as why you don't talk to the police before a lawyer. Even if you did nothing wrong and have nothing to hide you may unknowingly say something that they can and will use against you later.
    Yeah, I'm on board, then.

you're a mod, it's better to have it up and have it taken down than not.

There's a bunch of info over there on daily paul if you want to see it. the numbers over there aren't what we think they might be. CDs where we were thought to have won 10 of 10 of the at larges in that CD didn't give us 3/3 on the CD level. it's all over there if you want to see it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast