Thread: Justin Amash Response to Obamacare Ruling

Justin Amash Response to Obamacare Ruling

“The Supreme Court missed an historic opportunity to rein in the federal government. For decades, Congress has stretched the Constitution to authorize whatever new mandate it invents. Instead of acting as an impartial referee, the Court has been complicit in allowing Congress and the President to expand their power at the expense of state governments and the people.

“The Court’s decision green lights the continued expansion of the size and scope of the federal government. It also underscores the need to have congressmen who resist the impulse to aggrandize power in Washington. Now more than ever, Congress must commit itself to following the Constitution and limiting the federal government. We can begin to fulfill that commitment by repealing the President’s health care law in its entirety.”
    http://amash.house.gov/press-release...th-care-ruling

Excellent statement. Sad day for Freedom, but WE THE PEOPLE must and will fight on! Off to the ballot boxes this November 6, 2012!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post
    http://amash.house.gov/press-release...th-care-ruling

Excellent statement. Sad day for Freedom, but WE THE PEOPLE must and will fight on! Off to the ballot boxes this November 6, 2012!
    Mass Civil Disobedience would work a lot better.....As Thoreau expounded upon, a just and moral person who lives under the boot of an unjust and immoral Government are in the Prisons. I for one, am not, or ever, going to pay this 'fine' or purchase something I am willing to take a risk avoiding (I am very healthy in my mid-twenties). It's easy taking one day out of every few years to do something that hasn't ever changed anything for the better, it takes a real commitment to restore liberty and voting ain't it imho.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)