Thread: Rand Paul Irritating Progressives Everywhere With His Amendment Tactics

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Rand Paul Irritating Progressives Everywhere With His Amendment Tactics

That's it Randy boy!! They've been running things with an iron fist for a long long long time. Time to give it back to them in spades!!

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...und/?mobile=nc

Last night, a bill to grant Washington, DC, budget autonomy had to be pulled from the schedule after Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) tacked on restrictions that supported his Republican agenda.

According to The Hill, Paul said of the amendments, “‘I think it’s a good way to call attention to some issues that have national implications… We don’t have [control] over the states but we do for D.C.’”

Of course, Paul and his colleagues do not actually represent the District of Columbia — Paul represents Kentucky, 500 miles away from DC — and it should not technically be their legislative playground. But Paul is just the last of the long line of members of Congress who mistakenly believe it is their place to tell Washington residents what they can and cannot do.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very nice, but how does he even have any authority over introducing local bills for DC?

If he does (as it appears he does), then it appears that the liberal's gripe here is with the system that allows him to have influence, not that he's exerting his influence for his beleifs....

However, I'm not sure I really like that Senators who represent other states to dictate policies for DC, but if that's the way the system is set up, then more power to them...
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Given that DC is surrounded by the wealthiest zip-codes in the United States, I have little sympathy for the District of Columbia.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Given that DC is surrounded by the wealthiest zip-codes in the United States
    Funny how that works, gee, I wonder where all that wealth came from?
    "The Patriarch"

It's just getting more fun...

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...sucks-10087422

Titled: Rand Paul Is Not a Good Personhood *They are even pulling out the name of "Aqua Buddha" Woe, to those who call upon the name of Aqua Buddha in vain!

He wants a "free-standing vote" on Personhood, a concept so basically authoritarian and loopy that even the voters of Mississippi voted against it. This, of course, is because "libertarianism" is all about economic freedom and breaking the shackles of government tyranny, and not at all about those messy "social issues" that might make "libertarianism" look like it's just fronting for the Bible-bangers out in the world.
    Not content with his work on denying Kentuckians aid in case they start floating toward Tennessee, Aqua Buddha has moved on to holding up the District of Columbia's budget until he can ensure there will be more guns on the street in the District. Luckily, though, there is a stalwart Progressive in place to stop this nonsense in its tracks:

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...#ixzz1z1e74SH9
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Funny how that works, gee, I wonder where all that wealth came from?
    Heh, all those full time lobbyists, lawyers. I met one once at work; he was on vacation up here in NH. Had to hold in my disgust.
    His job was to sue infomercials for deception on our behalf.

So basically gullible people lose their money buying bull$#@! on TV thus we have to lose our money to suing the infomercial.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by radiofriendly View Post
    It's just getting more fun...

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...sucks-10087422

Titled: Rand Paul Is Not a Good Personhood *They are even pulling out the name of "Aqua Buddha" Woe, to those who call upon the name of Aqua Buddha in vain!

He wants a "free-standing vote" on Personhood, a concept so basically authoritarian and loopy that even the voters of Mississippi voted against it. This, of course, is because "libertarianism" is all about economic freedom and breaking the shackles of government tyranny, and not at all about those messy "social issues" that might make "libertarianism" look like it's just fronting for the Bible-bangers out in the world.
    Not content with his work on denying Kentuckians aid in case they start floating toward Tennessee, Aqua Buddha has moved on to holding up the District of Columbia's budget until he can ensure there will be more guns on the street in the District. Luckily, though, there is a stalwart Progressive in place to stop this nonsense in its tracks:

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...#ixzz1z1e74SH9
    Based on the context, I'm guessing the pejorative 'Crazy Uncle Liberty' is Ron???
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-27-2012 at 04:04 PM.

The people in the comment section seem far more upset that another one of his amendments that would allow people to carry guns in D.C. is also waiting in the wings.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    Very nice, but how does he even have any authority over introducing local bills for DC?
    He took an oath to the Constitution.

"The Congress shall have Power To… exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States… (The U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 8, Clause 17)"
    Last edited by musicmax; 06-28-2012 at 01:29 PM.