Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Continues to Fight to Cut off Foreign Aid to Pakistan - 6/26/12

Sen. Rand Paul Continues to Fight to Cut off Foreign Aid to Pakistan - 6/26/12

I'm not quite sure I understand the overall implications of what Rand said in the video.
    The following is my comment on that youtube video of Rand:

Quote Originally Posted by My Youtube Comment
    What I heard was, that Rand is using the billions of our money as a tool to get the guy free who is in prison. If he is released he will stand down?  I'm somewhat taken back by this. I understand politics requires using leverage, but the ends does not justify the means. I will have to consider this more...
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dont know, but it seems he isn't just pointing out the foriegn aid anomaly...this is effectively calling their bluff by demanding the release of this doctor. The degree to which the government fights this will be revealing. If they are/were serious about Bin Laden and anti terror, then prove it, and release him...he should be rewarded not punished, if that is the case.
    Last edited by July; 06-27-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Seems like a win-win situation, if they don't release him and they cut the aid that's a positive, if they release him then Rand could get part of the credit for that. Basically you put the Senators and Pakistan in an awkward spot.