Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THIS IS DISGUSTING - MASS DEL OUSTED

THIS IS DISGUSTING - MASS. DELEGATES OUSTED

http://bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/06...6EK/story.html

When I read the reasons why, its because they refused to sign an avidavid to support Mitt.

There was this feeling of total and utter disgust that one of them an 18 year patriot who beat out scum will not be seated because he didn't sign the avvidavid.

Evan Kenney had just turned 18 and registered to vote for the first time when he campaigned to be an alternate delegate to the Republican National Convention. Lauding Ronald Reagan’s principles and blasting Keynesian economics at the Lynnfield caucus in April, the Wakefield High School senior beat out several well-known Massachusetts Republicans, including the party’s most recent nominee for governor, Charles D. Baker Jr.
    These poeple have lost all respect and common deceny this IS NOT A DEMOCRACY BUT A REPUBLIC, their vote rigged primary results are meaningless.
    Last edited by freedomordeath; 06-25-2012 at 03:23 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know any reason they had a right to refuse them for that, since they were DIRECTLY ELECTED at caucuses. My understanding is that the lawsuit just got a bunch more plaintiffs, from twitter:

USA_Patriot_Press ‏@USA_Free_Press
    @hearthetruthnow -Today I heard from 60 new Delegates who want to become Plaintiffs as a result of Mass

@hearthetruthnow- In this case they were not threatened with violence. They were given an ultimatum to sign a pledge to vote for Romney

Not one of my Plaintiffs have been successfully ousted-I could have obtained a Court Order To protect the Mass Delegates

@SmartPeople4Ron --They were over-confident. They said they were duly elected-They could not believe they were up against Organized Crime

however, it is my understanding they DID sign and were ousted anyhow, so I'm not sure about that part.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-24-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Lawyers for Ron Paul, I summon you! this court case has become all the more important.

I'm so sick of this $#@!. I've had little faith in our government in the past and if this doesn't get resolved justly, I may never have faith in it again.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

What if they signed the affidavit then voted Paul anyway?

So angry about this. One of those hand-tying situations too. Is there anything at all we can/should be doing to counter this move? The hardest part of this r3VOLution is having to read stuff like this and not be able to do anything about it. "It" meaning the specific situation, not the cause in general. Things like this do tend to double a person's resolve, though.

This will only inflame the Paul Supporters to fight harder.

Quote Originally Posted by mmink15 View Post
    Things like this do tend to double a person's resolve, though.
    Especially when it comes to Ron Paul people. Unfortunately it also doubles the the frustration every time the resolves is doubled.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As hard as it would be for me to do why don't we all just vote for Obama as a protest vote and give the GOP the finger?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    As hard as it would be for me to do why don't we all just vote for Obama as a protest vote and give the GOP the finger?

That would never happen. You vote with principal not for protest.

Quote Originally Posted by cassielund99@gmail.com View Post
    Your right, I'd have to look at myself in the mirror...

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Delivered4000 View Post
    What if they signed the affidavit under duress then voted Paul anyway?
    There, fixed it for you.
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

So if Mitt can't win over the hearts and minds of young voters, he will try to steal them, if he can't steal them, he will make sure they will not vote against him. Did i get that right?.

Quote Originally Posted by Delivered4000 View Post
    What if they signed the affidavit then voted Paul anyway?
    From the article: "under the penalty of perjury".

Clinton got away with it, the freedom delegates would probably not.

NEVER.. always do the right thing and write Ron Paul in, but its not over yet we still have a convention remember, its never over till the finish line.

your vote doesn't count anyway because the computer flips it one way or the other depending on who they choose. I actually wonder who the eiltes are backing. They have invested alot in Obama and not sure if they willing to dump him, but they also spend a bucket load of money on Romney, but I'm starting to think the co-opted tea party movement of 2010 and the ettempt to deflate this movement 2012 is all a controlled damage control tactic to avoid full blown revolution. Think about it, spending a bucket load of money on romney who no one likes only helps Obama win and all the red necks blame the Ron Paul movement for killing off the Romeny campaign and the elites sit with their smug smiles, but the revolution carries on because its up to us to educate the red necks (before I get flak for the red neck comment I consider myself a red neck)

We should carry on and educate poeple, take over all sherrif offices and pull our kids out of government schools and start private volunteered based education systems (private education for the poor or the non rich). In states where you are fortunate enough to have gold as legal tender, start up shopping malls or centres where poeple can trade and use it as prove for the rest of the nation.

START LIVING FREE and apply it to your daily life.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post
    There, fixed it for you.
    Duress can be a defense, but not being allowed to be a delegate probably won't qualify. Any Mass. Attorney's on the forum, that is a good question.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And they want us to shut up and be good little Republicans and Romney supporters at the convention? Not after this.

Some deal there eh Rand? You turn over the fundraising lists assuming Romney would basically let us have our delegates and the Romney campaign decides to screw us anyway. Just remember this: Your fellow Senator Scott Brown may very well lose because of this cheap political maneuver. Who is going to work their fingers to the bone for him now that the party has basically told its young and most energetic activists to get lost?

Is worth it? Is it really worth it?

For anyone wishing to contact someone responsible for ousting MA delegates, here is the email for the Chairman of the Allocation Committee of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee, the committee responsible for the decision.

mcgrathed@rcn.com

bump and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by everlasticity View Post
    For anyone wishing to contact someone responsible for ousting MA delegates, here is the email for the Chairman of the Allocation Committee of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee, the committee responsible for the decision.

mcgrathed@rcn.com

Their reasoning will be that they were to sign it before they were elected as a delegate, and that their failure to sign disqualified them to run as a delegate:

Stephen Zykofsky, the Chairman of the committee that set the rules for the selection of delegates, sees this as an important distinction. Zykofsky told Red Mass Group that the rules only apply to nominees for delegate, not those elected at the April 28, 2012 caucus. Zykofsky believes that, "the state party was in its rights to ask for affirmation of support for Mitt Romney before the caucuses were held. That affirmation could have come in the form of a pledge, which was done, or in the form of an affidavit. The rules do not call for affirmation after the election is over."

Zykofsky does stress though that he told elected delegates that they should sign the affidavit, to avoid any pitfalls.
    http://www.redmassgroup.com/diary/14...llow-the-rules

comments for that article need serious help
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by everlasticity View Post

mcgrathed@rcn.com
    It might be a good idea to use judgement and words of other than four letters.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

You have to play by the rules. If one of the rules is that you need to return an affidavit and you refused to do it, the consequence is obvious.

Do you know what will happen in four years because of what is happening now? Pretty much every state will pass legislation stating that delegates are directly nominated by the candidates according to the primary/caucus results. That will be the ultimate result of this kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMintConservative View Post
    You have to play by the rules. If one of the rules is that you need to return an affidavit and you refused to do it, the consequence is obvious.

Do you know what will happen in four years because of what is happening now? Pretty much every state will pass legislation stating that delegates are directly nominated by the candidates according to the primary/caucus results. That will be the ultimate result of this kind of stuff.
    just so you know my understanding is both that no such rule existed and also that they did in fact return signed affidavits and were axed anyhow. It is my understanding that this story is based on implications the party is putting out that our guys refused to vote for Romney on the first ballot when that is not the case.

and our guys are playing by the rules in place NOW. They were altered differently in different regions to benefit Romney. They change them all the time to favor the establishment. There is no way to stop that except by being the establishment.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-24-2012 at 12:24 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassielund99@gmail.com View Post
    I would rather have 4 more years of Obama than 8 years of Romney. Protest and principal do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    just so you know my understanding is both that no such rule existed and also that they did in fact return signed affidavits and were axed anyhow.
    I can't know for sure, I'm accepting the word of the Rules Committee. If that's the case, then the RRLS delegates can appeal to the RNC to be installed as delegates.

Still, the endgame will be the one I'm pointing: none of this will happen in 4 years because everybody will make rules to make sure that the delegates to the convention firmly support the candidate primary voters picked .

I can't know for sure, I'm accepting the word of the Rules Committee. If that's the case, then the RRLS delegates can appeal to the RNC to be installed as delegates.
    they will but it will be heavy with Romney supporters making that decision. It seems they may also be joining the lawsuit though.

Still, the endgame will be the one I'm pointing: none of this will happen in 4 years because everybody will make rules to make sure that the delegates to the convention firmly support the candidate primary voters picked .
    and I repeat, what else is new? They always change the rules to suit the establishment. they've gone back and forth on caucuses other times when there were strong grass roots movements, but always came back to them because whenever there ISN'T such an organized movement, caucuses leave so many cards in the hands of party insiders -- particularly those willing to cheat and break people's bones.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    they will but it will be heavy with Romney supporters making that decision. It seems they may also be joining the lawsuit though.

and I repeat, what else is new? They always change the rules to suit the establishment. they've gone back and forth on caucuses other times when there were strong grass roots movements, but always came back to them because whenever there ISN'T such an organized movement, caucuses leave so many cards in the hands of party insiders -- particularly those willing to cheat and break people's bones.
    I don't know what do you call "establishment" - anybody who doesnt' support Ron Paul or doesn't meet some purity test? - but they'll change the rules to make sure the preference of primary votes is enforced. Are you opposed to that? Do you think that the nominee should be picked by millions of primary voters and caucuses goers or the few people who care enough to go to state conventions and run/elect delegates?

I would assume what you're saying sounds like a pipe dream. The reason the states can't bind them now is because it falls under federal election rules once they get to the convention. We could be delegates under other candidates anyways. No need to be disgruntled. We are just going to let a little light into the house for some cleaning. ..

There is no rule regarding an affidavit. I thought all things concerning the election of delegates were covered by actual written rules. The people trying to be delegates had to take a verbal pledge before they were elected.

I also thought it against the rule to simply appoint delegates? So where are these replacements coming form?

The Establishment needs to wake up. There are only two people who can win this presidential election.... and neither of them is Romney.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast