Thread: SWAT team destroys woman's home, city refuses to compensate her

SWAT team destroys woman's home, city refuses to compensate her

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    THEY H8 US FOR OUR FREEDOMS!

SEND IN THE DROOOoooooooooooOOOOOOONNNES!

When SWAT teams damage property,, by extension, the town allows this to go on. I would be suing lots of people in the process, not just the town.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

SERVING and "protecting" the $hit out of you...

A person made an accusation that her son committed armed robbery and this is what happens? Even if he was in the home.....really!?
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post
    A person made an accusation that her son committed armed robbery and this is what happens? Even if he was in the home.....really!?
    She would be the first person on my list to sue.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I say that regardless of what the causation was, clearly, police protocol was violated in that police action. SWAT was not intended to be used solely for suspect apprehensions; it was designed to swiftly, tactfully, and skillfully end armed standoffs and hostage type situations after the process of negotiations has proved fruitless. This appears to have been a job for police beat and street violence bureau officers to have handled by establishing a perimeter, while attempting to contact a responsible for the residence and establish verbal, visual, or otherwise telephonic contact with whoever was inside the residence. SWAT had absolutely zero probable cause to take the excessive course that they had; it is rather apparent that this was nothing more than a impromptu training exercise.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! like this is what causes things like the KILL DOZER

Quote Originally Posted by Ronulus View Post
    I remember that video! It should be called the AWESOME DOZER!!!
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Posted elsewhere by a Green Beret:

You know, if you want to talk to someone, you could just call and ask them down to the police station. You could surveil the house to prevent an escape. Remember Waco?

If you want to arrest me, just call or send me a letter telling me when to report. I'll be there a few minutes early with my attorney.

If you have a warrant and want to search my home, stop by during daylight hours, and I would appreciate the opportunity to sit down with you and drink a cup of coffee while we wait for my legal counsel to arrive. If you are on a tight schedule, I understand. Just give me a minute to get the family and pets secured and do your thing. Just put it back like it was when you are done looking. Respect is a two way street.

If you show up in uniform with no warrant and ask to search, the answer is going to be "No." I don't have anything to hide, but I believe in the 4th Amendment. You cuff me up and search it anyway, I think I am going to see if I can get you fired, if not incarcerated, and I suspect that my lawyer is going to make out well on the civil suit for violating my rights.

If you show up in the middle of the night and crash my door, a series of unfortunate events are going to follow that will tie at least one of us up for a long time. A home invasion can look exactly like a no-knock service, and I have a contingency plan for repelling boarders. I suspect that you do as well, and would execute on the same circumstances, so think about it.

I assume that the legitimate purpose of a no-knock, nighttime, door kicking visit is to prevent evidence from being destroyed or suspects from escaping. If you turn off the water, cover the exits, and knock, what are you going to miss?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronulus View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I'd never heard this story. lol
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'