Thread: BREAKING NEWS: RON PAUL ENDORSES RANDY WEBER IN TX CD-14!

BREAKING NEWS: RON PAUL ENDORSES RANDY WEBER IN TX CD-14!

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Ron-P...159432495.html

Congressman Paul's Statement:
    “I am pleased to endorse Randy Weber in the race to succeed me in the Fourteenth District of Texas. Randy is a family man, a man of faith and a man of strong character. It is very important to me that my friends and neighbors receive strong representation from their Congressman and I know that Randy shares a deep commitment to constituent service. The fourteenth district will have a real Champion in Randy Weber.
    Here's a picture of them together (click the link): http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

I'm not 100% sure about Randy Weber, but if Congressman Paul says he's good...I guess I'll follow the good Doctor's lead.
    Congrats to Randy Weber! I will now support Randy Weber.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

two Republicans are doing a face-off before one of them takes on the Democrat.
    if Doctor Ron Paul likes Randy Weber better than the other two who might win out,
    I am happy that he has now given his blessing to Randy Weber in this intense race!!!

I had several conversations with both Randy Weber and his opponent Felicia Harris at the state convention.

If you didn't know Randy was a politician, you'd think he was a preacher. His campaign is marketing God and church (and to a lesser extent guns). He never addressed any specific national issues that I can recall. On the plus side, he is not a lawyer. He owns an air conditioning company. He touted his record in fighting for conservative causes as a State Rep, but I forgot what issues they were (not liberty or fiscal issues for sure).

Felicia did not mention God nor church any time that I talked to her or heard her campaigning. She seemed genuinely concerned about civil liberties issues (SOPA, CISPA, NDAA, etc.) in private conversation. She has the same campaign team that Pete Olson used to defeat Nick Lampson (the same D who the R winner will be facing) for CD22 and claimed they have all the opposition research they need to defeat him. She is a lawyer.

The establishment crowd from my county GOP were all behind Weber.

Based upon my experience, I'm very surprised by this claimed* endorsement. YMMV.

*The article says that Weber's campaign is claiming the endorsement, but I haven't seen anything from Ron himself announcing the endorsement.
    Last edited by Bern; 06-18-2012 at 02:52 PM.

I saw a press release quoted saying Ron not only endorses him but will campaign with him. I guess Ron supported Randy in campaigns in the state house before and Randy was touted as 'the most conservative member'. No clue about Felicia Harris, though.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Wait... you mean even Ron endorses someone who isn't perfect? Who'd a thunk...
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    I'm sure Ron talked to him about some issues.
    Endorsing Romney is one issue, doing it while his Dad and his Dad's delegates are still fighting in the race, another.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post

Based upon my experience, I'm very surprised by this claimed* endorsement. YMMV.
    How is her fundraising? As sad as it is, if a candidate isn't raising money, they're a weak candidate. I know as well as you do that a Ron Paul endorsement could easily change that, but that doesn't seem to be how the game is played. Which makes me sadder, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    How is her fundraising? As sad as it is, if a candidate isn't raising money, they're a weak candidate. I know as well as you do that a Ron Paul endorsement could easily change that, but that doesn't seem to be how the game is played. Which makes me sadder, actually.
    I think Ron responded to someone whom he knew who spoke to him at the convention when no one else had approached him. That is my suspicion, in any event. Did Felicia ask?

So it's been a couple of weeks and I still have yet to see Weber's claimed endorsement come from Ron Paul himself.

I was just reading on this guy's Facebook wall. I am not impressed. Anyone who is "excited" about attending an event with Perry and Dewhurst deserves more investigation.

I figured Dr. Paul would endorse someone else.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 07-06-2012 at 08:37 AM.