Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 2,131 to 2,144 of 2144

Thread: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: Lawyers for Ron Paul Lawsuit NOTE: Having the lawsuit not up 4 debate

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    His blog hasn't been updated for awhile, so the only info i have is 1st hand from our meeting last week.
    I don't have any particular selection of who should be lead, if he turns out to be the right guy to do what I am talking about, I just don't know if that is what he is doing.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I don't have any particular selection of who should be lead, if he turns out to be the right guy to do what I am talking about, I just don't know if that is what he is doing.
    Too early yet for anything concrete. He's supposed to be in court wednesday morning for a 1st round.

If we talk about this enough and get enough signs of support to do a money bomb what we will need to do is set up a legal PAC or entity with specified board and process for key decisions such as settlement or what to do if there isn't enough money. Then we'd have a money bomb. For the first moneybomb we could say if we get only X and don't get Y with subsequent donations by a certain date, we will do Q with the money (donate it to Ron's PAC for example.) At that point we would have a board of decision makers and a process for trying to get grass roots temperature, but the plaintiffs will be the ones with actual evidence who were at the conventions. The first money bomb might be a seed money money bomb to put it together with an attorney, the organization and the process, and then have a moneybomb going to that organization.
    Yeah, if there was an effort to raise funds to litigate, there definitely should be some type of organization in place before allowing this to get off the ground. I'm not sure of any limitations involved by organizing it through a PAC or a 501c non-profit, but I would think a 501c would be a little easier to establish and might be less restrictive.

Whatever group decides to pursue this needs to not only carefully select counsel, but also be mindful of the logistics involved in building public awareness that such a pursuit exists. For that to be successful, I think we should agree that a portion of money raised needs to go exclusively to reaching out to every potential plaintiff and raising awareness among not only Ron Paul supporters, but also disenfranchised Democrats and others whom may qualify under this suit.

I think we could start from Judge Carter's response that Gilbert failed to act upon and all of the evidence that has already been collected. Something that could start happening right now is outlining the qualifications we seek and scouting attorneys that meet those qualifications. I think with what we presently have available to us, it would be less of a challenge to gain acceptance from a well-qualified attorney.

Anyways, I like this idea. I'm probably in a position now where I could contribute some time to help. I do have all of the code available from BTO and Tea Party 11, so a moneybomb could be prepared rather quickly. Even if I'm not involved, the code and mailing list we built would be readily available to whoever leads that effort.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Its time for an epic video to raise the Patriots attention.

don't look at me, i can barely use a digital camera.

Quote Originally Posted by dusman View Post
    Yeah, if there was an effort to raise funds to litigate, there definitely should be some type of organization in place before allowing this to get off the ground. I'm not sure of any limitations involved by organizing it through a PAC or a 501c non-profit, but I would think a 501c would be a little easier to establish and might be less restrictive.

Whatever group decides to pursue this needs to not only carefully select counsel, but also be mindful of the logistics involved in building public awareness that such a pursuit exists. For that to be successful, I think we should agree that a portion of money raised needs to go exclusively to reaching out to every potential plaintiff and raising awareness among not only Ron Paul supporters, but also disenfranchised Democrats and others whom may qualify under this suit.

I think we could start from Judge Carter's response that Gilbert failed to act upon and all of the evidence that has already been collected. Something that could start happening right now is outlining the qualifications we seek and scouting attorneys that meet those qualifications. I think with what we presently have available to us, it would be less of a challenge to gain acceptance from a well-qualified attorney.

Anyways, I like this idea. I'm probably in a position now where I could contribute some time to help. I do have all of the code available from BTO and Tea Party 11, so a moneybomb could be prepared rather quickly. Even if I'm not involved, the code and mailing list we built would be readily available to whoever leads that effort.
    great ideas. And, thank you!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Dead?
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dunno. The statute of limitations doesn't run for a while. Right now I'm getting Ron as a write in candidate in CA. But we could bump the thread with the poll again.

*cough* Racketeering*cough*
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    *cough* Racketeering*cough*
    Uh,oh...mystery post.. a joke?.!...uh oh... what is it...

I dont get it...

If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Uh,oh...mystery post.. a joke?.!...uh oh... what is it...

I dont get it...
    a potential cause of action for racketeering under RICO, is what she is suggesting, I believe.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-20-2012 at 07:12 PM.

a potential cause of action for racketeering under RICO, is what she is suggesting, I believe.
    Indeed. The beauty of that is monetary damages are tripled if the suit is successful.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Indeed. The beauty of that is monetary damages are tripled if the suit is successful.
    Yea I got it... I answered about this on this thread before... I just forgot it (didnt think before I wrote question....).

There is difference Civil lawsuit (private party, corporation, individual...) and criminal lawsuit (RICO...). For RICO we would need prosecutor (government). Any of you know a government prosecutor who will do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Yea I got it... I answered about this on this thread before... I just forgot it (didnt think before I wrote question....).

There is difference Civil lawsuit (private party, corporation, individual...) and criminal lawsuit (RICO...). For RICO we would need prosecutor (government). Any of you know a government prosecutor who will do it?
    There are possibilities for a civil RICO suit. If it gains traction, perhaps a hungry Fed will pick it up?
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

There are possibilities for a civil RICO suit. If it gains traction, perhaps a hungry Fed will pick it up?
    Realm of philosophical debate:

It is possible and this "potential case" can be filed as RICO....BUT.... without government at least starting investigation
    I would not do it under these circumstances (lack of support,organization, money manpower....). Correct me if I am wrong but since anyone can file a RICO lawsuit for breaking any criminal statute arent judges "hostile" toward a civil RICO lawsuits? I might be wrong but reasoning is that every tort action could be changed into civil RICO lawsuit. They also dont like misuse of legal remedy that was originally intended for organized crime. I would stick to tort and other "ways". Go for RICO only if we are strong and prepared.
    I simply dont believe that this movement can (maybe better word is "will") get enough resources, manpower to make civil RICO work. Government with its unlimited resources has trouble getting enough evidence to "get" organized crime and to prove its illegal activities. I simply dont believe that this movement is (will) do it....
    Tort, breach of contract, breach of trust, RICO.... all this can be done and there are ways but (and many more ..quantum meruit bla bla bla. I really dont want to go on a tangent here):
    It is not what you know it is what you can prove....also it is not what is right it is what you can afford (sadly).

Realm of reality:
    We can only afford pro bono RG.

*I do believe that what they did with false arrests, breaking bones, election fraud etc. is very serious matter and that it should be investigated but I simply dont see anyone doing it (and that is biggest obstacle)...
    Last edited by Barrex; 09-21-2012 at 06:46 AM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172