Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: Lawyers for Ron Paul Lawsuit NOTE: Having the lawsuit not up 4 debate

We need to keep this TOTALLY LEGIT. This is no longer a battle of opinion. This is a legitimate legal battle. Let the lawyers do their job. Do what supports them. Nothing else. This is a battle for the rights of ALL OF THE DELEGATES. Not just ours. This is not about Ron Paul supporters. But if we stay true, and not make it about us, but make it about EVERYONE, then people will see we're for real. We are for real, aren't we?

IMO, contact the people in charge and do what they need. We CANNOT turn this into a circus.

IMO, it's either this or nothing. If we screw this up we might not have a paddle to row with anytime soon.

It's either this or hope. And I'm not big on hope.

Hope for Rand, or Alex, or Adam, or whoever.

If this is what it could be, then this is the moment we've been waiting for.

We have to make this happen.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubraskan View Post
    Noted.

The movement operates more effectively when we don't commit 10,000 man-hours to listening to a call that can be summed up in a few sentences.
    yes, operates more effectively.

what a good word "effective". much better than "enjoy".

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    They just accused the Romney campaign of being a criminal organization, and said Mitt is not the lesser of 2 evils, he is evil. He also says when the judge renders a positive decision, mitt will have 0 delegates.
    The lesser of 2 evils means that both are evil, but the amount of evil in one is less than the amount of evil in the other.

It would be exciting if they could pull this off. Godspeed.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    WE THE PEOPLE, ARE RON PAUL.
    I AM RON PAUL
    "We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

These lawyers are our last hope to ever see a President Ron Paul. If they can succeed, 2,400 Americans will have the chance to vote their conscience, and we will see who the real fringe candidates are.

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    These lawyers are our last hope to ever see a President Ron Paul. If they can succeed, 2,400 Americans will have the chance to vote their conscience, and we will see who the real fringe candidates are.
    Bingo.

Did we just have a 7-page argument about whether to listen to a conference call or not?

This forum is just getting ridiculous T_T

@RDM: Why can't you be a bit more understanding and just post a summary?

@anyone else who actually listened: If anyone bothered to listen, could you just please post a summary, as to pick up RDM's lack of thoughtfulness.

edit: 5 minutes, I hear that the Lawyers for Ron Paul are creating an "executive committee" so that they can take over Ron Paul Campaign. "We are going to strip Romney of all his delegates... and that is our goal."

They go over the details and other business, but I didn't have time to listen to it all.
    Last edited by soulcyon; 06-15-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcyon View Post
    Did we just have a 7-page argument about whether to listen to a conference call or not?

This forum is just getting ridiculous T_T

@RDM: Why can't you be a bit more understanding and just post a summary?

@anyone else who actually listened: If anyone bothered to listen, could you just please post a summary, as to pick up RDM's lack of thoughtfulness.

edit: 5 minutes, I hear that the Lawyers for Ron Paul are creating an "executive committee" so that they can take over Ron Paul Campaign. "We are going to strip Romney of all his delegates... and that is our goal."

They go over the details and other business, but I didn't have time to listen to it all.
    We're working on it. It's a lot of f ing info. This is or could be the deal-breaker. I suggest everyone actually listen to it. It would probably take about as long for me to summarize it as for you to listen to it.

I'm going to download the whole audio file and put it through my company's Speech Recognition software - *evil laughter*

I've seen plenty of proof the RNC and Romney broke RNC Rule 11, I have yet to see any proof in regards to any letter Jesse Benton might have signed or when it was signed, why aren't these lawyers filing a case in regards to this and requesting proof that such a letter actually exist. Because I personally believe the RNC and Benton didn't even think of or even considered Rule 11 until posters on sites like this one pointed it out to them, only then did we hear this alleged story from Benton having this agreement with the RNC. If this paper can't be verified between Benton and the RNC then Romney deserves to be disqualified and these delegates shouldn't be required to be bound to Romney based on this reason alone. So why aren't these lawyers pursuing the case from this angle as well if they are serious about protecting these delegates rights and may have an way of getting Romney disqualified and out of the picture all together, imagine being able to take that court order with you to the convention. Jesse Benton says he signed a paper? I want proof. Delegates should be demanding that proof from these lawyers.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Genius View Post
    I've seen plenty of proof the RNC and Romney broke RNC Rule 11, I have yet to see any proof in regards to any letter Jesse Benton might have signed or when it was signed, why aren't these lawyers filing a case in regards to this and requesting proof that such a letter actually exist. Because I personally believe the RNC and Benton didn't even think of or even considered Rule 11 until posters on sites like this one pointed it out to them, only then did we hear this alleged story from Benton having this agreement with the RNC. If this paper can't be verified between Benton and the RNC then Romney deserves to be disqualified and these delegates shouldn't be required to be bound to Romney based on this reason alone. So why aren't these lawyers pursuing the case from this angle as well if they are serious about protecting these delegates rights and may have an way of getting Romney disqualified and out of the picture all together, imagine being able to take that court order with you to the convention. Jesse Benton says he signed a paper? I want proof. Delegates should be demanding that proof from these lawyers.
    You should pursue any questions you have, but please don't demand anything from these guys. You don't know them and they are working really f ing hard it seems so don't talk like they owe you proof or like you know their strategies. Did you listen to the audio? If you like what they're doing, support them. If you have suggestions, contact them. Otherwise, stfu and go do something productive besides bitching about how they're not doing it right. Is no one here happy with anything?

It amazes me to see what's in front of us and people piss all over it. If you have something to contribute then do it. Otherwise get out of the way, ok?

RONULANS having been roaming the streets LIKE LIONS NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO AFTER SPENDING MILLIONS..... we have been scattered. NOT ANY MORE RALLY THE TROOPS, LETS HEAD FOR THE TRENCHES. EVEN IF THIS DOESN'T COME THROUGH, WE NEED A RALLY CRY TO REGROUP, REGAIN OUR MOMENNTUM AND BOOST MORALE. LETS MARCH TOGETHER LIKE BROTHERS FACING DEATH ITSELF. LETS FINISH THIS MARATHON LIKE THE GOOD DR TOLD US TO.

spread the news, matlarson10 (youtube) ronpaulflix (youtube), rp4409 (youtube)

thanks to the OP for this post, lets put the nastiness of the first couple pages of this thread behind this, I haven't been this happy for a long time, I've been depressed over the last couple days esp getting flak from all my friends for my delusions and I'm not even American lol, really awesome news.

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    Not only did I listen, but participated with a question. I'm identified as Ron from PA. I'm sure one of your NON lazy ass friends will sum it up for you.
    -rep for sounding like a d-bag
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

How could we hope to have an resolution on this in a few short weeks, don't things like this usually take years to play out in the courts?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    oh well, if you want the information to go unheard. nobody is gonna listen to that. hell, I can't stand listening to the ones I get paid to listen to.
    I listened to it. I am so glad that this is being done. That no-good prick, mitt romney, should be in a federal prison, not being worshipped by the brain dead neocons and faux news watchers!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulatized View Post
    How could we hope to have an resolution on this in a few short weeks, don't things like this usually take years to play out in the courts?

It only took 8 pages for someone to say what I thought to be the obvious......

Quote Originally Posted by Legend1104 View Post
    The major announcement is that the lawyers for Ron Paul are claiming they are going to unofficially take over the Ron Paul campaign with the intention to strip Romney of his delegates and nominate Ron Paul. There now stop fighting.
    Thank you, and +1 rep for taking one for the team. LOL

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A for effort, but the courts move at a snails pace. Good luck trying to get anything done in court by November.

Wow, this is the most exciting thing I've heard in a very long time!!

Quote Originally Posted by jhk07 View Post
    It only took 8 pages for someone to say what I thought to be the obvious......
    It is mentioned briefly in the complaint. Since they are not seeking damages in $$ amounts(as is the overwhelming majority of civil suits), some of the more time-consuming phases of the case can be bypassed. Add to that, the time-sensitive nature of the case, it meets the criteria of a case that can be fast-tracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulatized View Post
    http://www.californiality.com/2012/0...s-lawsuit.html

'Lawyers for Ron Paul' has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit in California against the Republican National Committee and state GOP chapters for alleged voting rights violations, election fraud and other misconduct at GOP primaries and caucuses in 2012.

In the bombshell lawsuit, the group claims "overwhelming evidence" that the voting rights of Ron Paul Republican delegates and other voters were violated by "nearly every state GOP party and the RNC during the 2012 primary election phase, with utter and blatant disregard for any rule of law."

Other groups are reportedly lining up to join the coalition of lawyers, paralegals, and concerned citizens who filed the civil lawsuit against the GOP.

Case Number SACV 12-00927 was filed at the Ronald Reagan Courthouse in Santa Ana, California, Ninth Federal Circuit. Judge Carter is said to be assigned to the case.

The plaintiff group wants court action to protect delegates attending the 2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa this August, regardless of which presidential candidate each delegate intends to vote for.

Immediately, the petitioning group seeks a federal injunction clarifying that all GOP delegates can vote their conscience at the national convention, unbound."The pattern of abuse is guaranteed to get worse, to the extent that the delegates who attend the national convention will be subjecting themselves to legal and/or physical peril," said the group of attorneys who filed the lawsuit citing actions by the GOP as having "devolved into those of an organized criminal enterprise."

In addition to the civil rights lawsuit, the group also intends to file a RICO lawsuit to expose widespread election fraud and abuse across the nation.

Great numbers of Ron Paul supporters are quickly uniting behind the unprecedented federal lawsuit, as they believe that Congressman Ron Paul has been blatantly cheated out of a potential victory.

All legal services provided for all plaintiffs in the suit are pro bono, provided by Lawyers for Ron Paul. The following lawsuit FAQ video explains the federal civil rights lawsuit against the GOP in extended detail, including instructions on how to participate in the legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherShelley View Post
    You should pursue any questions you have, but please don't demand anything from these guys. You don't know them and they are working really f ing hard it seems so don't talk like they owe you proof or like you know their strategies. Did you listen to the audio? If you like what they're doing, support them. If you have suggestions, contact them. Otherwise, stfu and go do something productive besides bitching about how they're not doing it right. Is no one here happy with anything?

It amazes me to see what's in front of us and people piss all over it. If you have something to contribute then do it. Otherwise get out of the way, ok?
    I didn't demand anything from these lawyers, so why don't you STFU pal, since you don't know what the F your talking about. I'm just offering suggestions to help their cause in case someone finds these suggestions worthy of consideration. They are known to read these comments so why not discuss ideas which I haven't seen discussed EVER on this site, the Daily Paul site, or the lawyers site. The only person I see bitching around here is you, who seems to want everyone to be sheep followers instead of contributors. The more minds and more opinions are more apt to get you the best answers to a solution instead of just depending upon a handful of opinions. The only opinion you brought to this table is to complain, bitch, and moan about others like me who offered constructive opinions. Perhaps you need to take your own advice and stop pissing on the hard work other people are trying to do to help this cause. If you have nothing valuable to add to the conversation than your bitching then perhaps you need to get out of the way, ok?

Case Number SACV 12-00927

This is the only legal document I could find at the moment.

http://www.toolsforjustice.com/3_CER...-DOC(JPRx).pdf

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I think I'm going to visit this guy...after all, near me. We just really don't need the crazies approaching him...
    That seems very improper. Only the attorneys involved should have direct contact with the judge hearing this matter. If, by visit, you mean sit in on a hearing he's conducting in another case, that's different.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

If this case succeeds does that mean the delegates can vote for anyone or just whom is still in the race? For example does this mean they can vote for Santorum, Gingrich or Cain?

We may still have an uphill battle in that regard since you would not want to be replacing Romney with the likes of Santorum.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The most immediate relief they are seeking is an injunction that would allow EVERY delegate to be unbound. Essentially, no candidate would go into Tampa with ANY delegates, including Ron Paul. The convention would then be like sudden-death overtime, to use a football analogy.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    If this case succeeds does that mean the delegates can vote for anyone or just whom is still in the race? For example does this mean they can vote for Santorum, Gingrich or Cain?

We may still have an uphill battle in that regard since you would not want to be replacing Romney with the likes of Santorum.
    I would interpret voting for anyone as the choice to vote for anyone. I do not remember reading anything in the RNC by-laws to the effects of a potential nominee's campaign status. And let us remember, all of the contenders never ended their campaigns, they just "suspended" them.

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast