Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: Lawyers for Ron Paul Lawsuit NOTE: Having the lawsuit not up 4 debate

Quote Originally Posted by RonRules View Post
    I think this is a great opportunity. The judge basically tells us step by step what needs to be added. A dismissal and leave to amend is a great thing.

The judge clearly sees this is a worthwhile case and must have worked till 1 or 2 AM to prepare this ruling.

We're on!
    My understanding as well..........(only skimmed ruling)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Can someone put this in one google document so it is not cut into pieces? I am very interested in this and would like to study it a bit further.
    https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D150257_4054156_6409463
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    where do you see the 13 days? I missed that.
    Plaintiffs shall file an amended complaint, if at all, on or before August 20, 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by lawdida View Post
    Well, it's a good thing Gilbert called the Massachusetts folk "traitors" and their leader a "coward." Otherwise he still might have a chance.

Oh, and the other day Evan Kenney (18-year-old who was removed for not signing the affidavit) tweeted a screenshot of a facebook post that came from Gilbert's account. See here:

https://twitter.com/EvanKenney/statu...72801098231808

There's probably a really good chance the Judge is going to see it as well.
    and your point is?

He shouldn't have said that to the MA delegates, but I don't see how that helps write the complaint.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    What does this mean? "the Court also DENIES Plaintiffs' Ex Parte Application to Expedite Trial"
    In plain English the judge told Gilbert he needs to file coherent pleadings based on current law by Aug. 20th, he can ASK that the court expedite and potential hearings in the future but THIS motion is denied.

He didn't throw Gilbert out on his ear, however "AS PLEAD" we have no standing.

<edit> see PDF posted above
    Last edited by CPUd; 08-07-2012 at 04:14 PM.

I suggest again that we do a proper hierarchical document like a Wiki that can be group edited. Not fully public, but with membership such as DP and RPF long time forum members.

I don't know.
    Last edited by lawdida; 09-10-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Righteous mutiny - RPF is taking over the lawsuit.
    Boom:

Are we just playing around?

The Grand Shi Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    where do you see the 13 days? I missed that.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4570201

"Plaintiffs shall file an amended complaint, if at all, on or before August 20, 2012.
    DATED: August 7, 2012"
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Download the original document here:

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Download the original document here:

thanks.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I don't know.
    Last edited by lawdida; 09-10-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Boom:

The Grand Shi Strategy

Barrex, can you make heads or tails out of what the judgment reads? It appears as though he's giving hints of case law that might be used, is that true?
    Yes. It could be interpreted that way.
    In general I dont like judges. In BiH (where I was born) you can find out a price of certain judge to secure you a favorable ruling.
    I would like to hear audio or read transcripts from this.
    That being said my opinion about judge (based on all court documents and people who were in that courtroom):
    Judge in this case seems really good one. He went out of his way to give fair treatment to Ron Paul delegates. He pretty clearly said you need to do this and this. I, a person who doesnt like judges, have nothing bad to say about this one (based on information I have).

If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

For me this part stands out:

"Plaintiffs’ vague reference to “State Bylaws” gives this Court no inkling as to which of the 50 states and which of the millions of pages of bylaws Plaintiffs refer. Similarly, Plaintiffs’ use of the passive voice renders it impossible to discern who broke the bones of whom, who pointed a gun at whom, and whether any of the more than 10 Defendants were even involved. Finally, Plaintiffs’ vague allegations of voting ballot fraud occurring somewhere at sometime and apparently committed simultaneously by all “Defendants” lacks plausibility. While Plaintiffs make an oblique reference to a voting machine somewhere in Arizona, the lack of clarity in this allegation is insufficient to raise it to a level above mere speculation."

In other words: BE SPECIFIC!
    Last edited by RonRules; 08-07-2012 at 04:35 PM.

IV. Disposition

For the foregoing reasons, the Court GRANTS Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss.
    However, the Court dismisses WITHOUT PREJUDICE. The Court will afford Plaintiffs a third and final opportunity to attempt to sufficiently plead a violation of Section 1971(b) of the Voting Rights Act. See Schreiber Distributing Co. v. Serv-Well Furniture Co., 806 F.2d 1393, 1401 (9th Cir. 1986). Because the Court grants Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss, the Court also DENIES Plaintiffs’ Ex Parte Application to Expedite Trial [16].
    Plaintiffs shall file an amended complaint, if at all, on or before August 20, 2012.
    DATED: August 7, 2012

USA_Patriot_Press ‏@USA_Free_Press
    The Court has ruled that the it is possible to state a claim that The Voting Rights Act (vote your conscience) may apply to The Convention
    The Court requires an Amended Complaint We will both file an Amended Complaint as well as file an Appellate Writ
    We shall at the same time to seek the guidance of both Courts. Do not be confused by the technical language of granting the motion
    The case survives
    The Judge stated on the record that he tentatively believes that the Voting Rights Act does apply to the Convention
    Last edited by eleganz; 08-07-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I, a person who doesnt like judges, have nothing bad to say about this one (based on information I have).
    He's admonishing Gilbert pretty hard in this ruling, but I love this judge.

Saw him put someone away for 30 years and he was just as just can be.

I don't know.
    Last edited by lawdida; 09-10-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Boom:

The Grand Shi Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by lawdida View Post
    That's a good one.

I know it's a quote, but I liked this one:

"purpose of the court system is not, after all, to provide a forum for storytelling or political griping, but to resolve legal disputes"
    what is your agenda?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Barrex, can you make heads or tails out of what the judgment reads? It appears as though he's giving hints of case law that might be used, is that true?
    In general I dont like judges. In BiH (where I was born) you can find out a price of certain judge to secure you a favorable ruling.
    That being said my opinion about judge (based on all court documents and people who were in that courtroom):
    Judge in this case seems really good one. He went out of his way to give fair treatment to Ron Paul delegates. He pretty clearly said you need to do this and this. I, a person who doesnt like judges, have nothing bad to say about this one (based on information I have).

I have one question:
    Judge gave our side 13 days to file apeal. In most countries there is time limit of 8 days or 15 or a month depending on case, court and country. I never heard of 13 days. Is it law in US (13 days)? Or is it coincidence that judge gave himself enough time for our side to file final version and for judge to rule on this before Tampa (august 27th)? Either way this it not bad thing.

There will be time to talk in detalis with this. Now is time to focus at work that needs to be done and done fast:
    -Someone ask R. Gilbert what he needs and what he needs to get all information and ask it fast.
    -There is not much time!
    -If people here want to help there needs to be clear plan how and who and when...

"USA_Patriot_Press ‏@USA_Free_Press
    The Court requires an Amended Complaint We will both file an Amended Complaint as well as file an Appellate Writ"

In the first complaint, I clearly remember he was not going to file an appeal. Why file an appeal if you don't know how the final ruling will be. Don't understand.

I think this is a great opportunity. The judge basically tells us step by step what needs to be added. A dismissal and leave to amend is a great thing.

The judge clearly sees this is a worthwhile case and must have worked till 1 or 2 AM to prepare this ruling.

We're on!
    I agree.

The physical violence in Louisiana (dislocated hip and broken fingers) of the duly elected officials is key in proving "threaten, coerce, intimidate" allegations.

We need a rock solid narrative of the who, what, when, where of these events, and in the complaint any supporting videos must be referenced.
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

My crazy whistling YouTube channel
    My crazy whistling music on iTunes

I have one question:
    Judge gave our side 13 days to file apeal. In most countries there is time limit of 8 days or 15 or a month depending on case, court and country. I never heard of 13 days. Is it law in US (13 days)? Or is it coincidence that judge gave himself enough time for our side to file final version and for judge to rule on this before Tampa (august 27th)? Either way this it not bad thing.

There will be time to talk in detalis with this. Now is time to focus at work that needs to be done and done fast:
    -Someone ask R. Gilbert what he needs and what he needs to get all information and ask it fast.
    -There is not much time!
    -If people here want to help there needs to be clear plan how and who and when...
    there might be a weekend or holiday involved. The judge can pretty much say what he wants, I believe.

Their main argument for the motion to dismiss is that they have W number of named defendants, X number of listed plaintiffs, and Z things done to the plaintiffs, but the original complaint does not state "w (from W) did z (from Z) to x (from X)". I think if his response does not include such statements, this portion of the complaint may be dismissed.
    He was made aware that his complaint had problems, the defense went out of their way 2 weeks ago to point them out. The judge recessed for several hours yesterday so that he could fix them. I think it is a good idea to get him some good information, but the real challenge will be to get this horse to drink.
    Last edited by CPUd; 08-07-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Not a terrible ruling but not a surprise either. Broad allegations don't fly in civil suits. Need names, exact allegations of conduct, etc.

I hope Gilbert has considered that there are legal hurdles to the state of Iowa forcing a delegate to do something in a different state. Once you cross state lines out of Iowa (example), Iowa law/rules no longer applies to your conduct unless there's a written contract guaranteeing future performance or the states have a reciprocity compact in place already. IOW, Florida law would apply to people from Iowa while they're in Florida. Iowa delegate binding law is irrelevant in Tampa, just like every other Iowa law is irrelevant in Florida. Gilbert needs to make this point! Seems to me that he's attacking the binding rules/laws in the wrong manner.

@Barrex
    It's not an appeal, it's an amended complaint and the judge has discretion to set pretty much any time limit he wants for that. An appeal would be taking the dismissal to the Federal Court of Appeals (next level and last step before SCOTUS). That's not what's happening here. The judge gave Gilbert the chance to refile a new complaint and start over.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-07-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

"USA_Patriot_Press ‏@USA_Free_Press
    The Court requires an Amended Complaint We will both file an Amended Complaint as well as file an Appellate Writ"

In the first complaint, I clearly remember he was not going to file an appeal. Why file an appeal if you don't know how the final ruling will be. Don't understand.
    granting of a motion to dismiss is a final order and appealable but not sure how it works if you were given leave to amend to fix it. I guess he is still fighting the provision the court doesn't think applies.

-Someone ask R. Gilbert what he needs and what he needs to get all information and ask it fast. -There is not much time!
    Already done. But we can also clearly see in the ruling that the judge want SPECIFIC violations of the Civil Rights law.

I would also add a CLEAR explanation as to why Ron Paul voted against it. I know Ron had good reasons, but the judge does not know that.

He's clearly annoyed by it and he said it when I was there and he repeats it even more sternly in the ruling:

"Section 1971 of Title 42 of the United States Code is part of a landmark civil rights statutory scheme, commonly referred to as the “Voting Rights Act,” which Congress enacted to end the violence and discrimination that plagued minority voters in Congressman Ron Paul’s home state of Texas and other parts of this country. ...

Six years ago, Congressman Ron Paul voted against reauthorizing the Voting Rights Act.1 Ironically, his supporters now bring this lawsuit under the very statutory scheme he tried to end."

So please, for someone here that knows this, write this up nice and pretty.
    Last edited by RonRules; 08-07-2012 at 04:46 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also I think a more detailed description of the threats employed when people were told to sign affadavits would make it clear that even though it wasn't quite to the level of the KKK walking in with big clubs in their hands to intimidate people, there were very real threats of criminal (felony?) charges being brought against delegates for perjury, if they did not vote how they were being told to vote. With more detail, these events probably DO rise to the level of illegal intimidation described in the judge's narrow reading of the statute.
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

My crazy whistling YouTube channel
    My crazy whistling music on iTunes

Already done. But we can also clearly see in the ruling that the judge want SPECIFIC violations of the Civil Rights law.

I would also add a CLEAR explanation as to why Ron Paul voted against it. I know Ron had good reasons, but the judge does not know that.

He's clearly annoyed by it and he said it when I was there and he repeats it even more sternly in the ruling:

"Section 1971 of Title 42 of the United States Code is part of a landmark civil rights
    statutory scheme, commonly referred to as the “Voting Rights Act,” which Congress enacted to
    end the violence and discrimination that plagued minority voters in Congressman Ron Paul’s
    home state of Texas and other parts of this country. ...

Six years ago, Congressman Ron Paul voted against reauthorizing the Voting Rights
    Act.1 Ironically, his supporters now bring this lawsuit under the very statutory scheme he tried
    to end."

So please, for someone here that knows this, write this up nice and pretty.
    I would ignore that. It has no bearing on the case and is a distraction.

"I never heard of 13 days. Is it law in US (13 days)? Or is it coincidence that judge gave himself enough time for our side to file final version and for judge to rule on this before Tampa (august 27th)?"

He specifically said in court that he wan't to rule before Aug. 27.

Personally, I'm hoping for Monday morning Aug. 27. Just for the Lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlinDave View Post
    Also I think a more detailed description of the threats employed when people were told to sign affadavits would make it clear that even though it wasn't quite to the level of the KKK walking in with big clubs in their hands to intimidate people, there were very real threats of criminal (felony?) charges being brought against delegates for perjury, if they did not vote how they were being told to vote. With more detail, these events probably DO rise to the level of illegal intimidation described in the judge's narrow reading of the statute.
    how does louisiana fit in to all of this?
    i mean, hiring thugs to beat up your opponents when they win the chairmanship is kinda hard to ignore.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast