Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Stay home, Ron Paul people!"

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    This.

I made a thread a few days back regarding this, in that we need to be looking at a "safe" place to put our votes to ensure they are counted. 42 states allow and count write ins, but 8 do not. If you live in one of those 8 states, the best protest vote you can cast is one that will be counted, so there is hard data to reinforce why the GOP needs us. More so, I firmly believe we should try to consolidate these protest votes in one party to maximize the % increase when compared to 2008 numbers.

Honestly, it doesn't matter who the vote is for, as long as we document beforehand where that support came from and why. For instance, I'm not a huge fan of Johnson, but if we all can agree that is where those 8 states should cast their votes, I just don't want Johnson trying to act like he was some magnet of support for the LP. He would just be the guy on the ticket we decided to vote for, because we want our votes documented, and with a candidate that we know can't win. More so when you are honest in that no 3rd party has a snowball's chance in hell of winning. I mean hell, if he was on the ballot, I would say vote for Vermin Supreme.

As a side note, I'm in no way advocating for the LP, simply using them and Johnson as an example since they are thrown around here a lot. I stand firm though that writing Paul in within a state that does not count those write in votes is not seeing the big picture, and thinking about the liberty movement in future tense. But if we can all get on the same page, and actually look at where we are trying to get to, we organize for 42 states to write Paul in (since they count them), and the 8 states that don't count write ins we organize under one 3rd party. People have to understand, we HAVE to demonstrate and document how large a voter block we are. People already know we are part of what is considered the most feared grassroots movement, internet army, and active political process participants. Now we have to demonstrate how many votes we actually represent as well. More so when you consider how those numbers wil compare to the 2008 numbers.
    It's more than 8 states. Washington allows write-ins but only counts them if it will make a difference in the election, so essentially they are not counted. Write-in votes will never be acknowledged by the GOP as having any significance. 3rd party votes will. Look how much Nader pissed off the Democrats.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProIndividual View Post
    Vote Obama, so we can get a liberty candidate in 2016. It's game theory mathematics people, stop writing people in and $#@! out of emotion.
    Romney can't win without us, so whether we write Ron in, vote for Johnson or abstain all of those have the same outcome - Obama wins. Why should we artificially make that happen and disguise our disgust with our options by directly voting for Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by ProIndividual View Post
    Vote Obama, so we can get a liberty candidate in 2016. It's game theory mathematics people, stop writing people in and $#@! out of emotion.
    I will never vote Obama again. But that's irrelevant for another couple months.

Talk of voting anyone other than Ron Paul is premature until after the National convention in Tampa. (I'm starting to feel like a broken record saying this over and over.)
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

My crazy whistling YouTube channel
    My crazy whistling music on iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlinDave View Post
    I will never vote Obama again. But that's irrelevant for another couple months.

Talk of voting anyone other than Ron Paul is premature until after the National convention in Tampa. (I'm starting to feel like a broken record saying this over and over.)
    Why is it premature? Ron Paul has said he is not going to get the nomination.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjevot View Post
    It's more than 8 states. Washington allows write-ins but only counts them if it will make a difference in the election, so essentially they are not counted. Write-in votes will never be acknowledged by the GOP as having any significance. 3rd party votes will. Look how much Nader pissed off the Democrats.
    Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. Which is why I seriously think we should be talking about this, and figure out how each state handles write ins, and develop a course of action best to proceed with.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by fearthereaperx View Post
    Why is it premature? Ron Paul has said he is not going to get the nomination.
    He says he does not expect to get the nomination. I don't think any people here 'expect' him to either, but not expecting it and giving up on the race before you cross the finish line are two different things. Most, in support of Ron and in support of our delegates still fighting for seats and for Ron's nomination on the floor with a nominee speech no one has a right to approve or edit.... are not giving up on the race until it is over, come what outcome may.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    He says he does not expect to get the nomination. I don't think any people here 'expect' him to either, but not expecting it and giving up on the race before you cross the finish line are two different things. Most, in support of Ron and in support of our delegates still fighting for seats and for Ron's nomination on the floor with a nominee speech no one has a right to approve or edit.... are not giving up on the race until it is over, come what outcome may.
    As I've said before, I am onboard with this. Nor am I in any way saying we should give up on the delegate strategy, since even at worse case scenario this gives us a voice with the platform. And I also still hope for something to shake loose at the convention. However, I'm also logical and practical, and think we should also plan for the worse, and at least have a headstart in planning and organizing how best to move forward.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

So then, how does that work exactly? If I understand this correctly, it is saying that if enough people select “none of the above” as their option and it turns out that there is a case of more “none of the above” chosen than any of the actual candidates, the candidates that received less votes lose out to the former? If so, then (1) that is utterly stupefying as a voting rule and (2) simply change that rule rather than removing the option to nullify the vote. Otherwise if they do this, the next they will be calling for is remove write-in candidates for the very same reason.

And if so, then I say mark them all, and they can all go get bent just as equally!
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Here, here! If anybody should be permitted to have their cake and eat it to, 'tis Ron Paul.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

I will never vote Obama again.
    Ay, caramba! You mean that there was actually a first?

But that's irrelevant for another couple months.
    Ay, caramba! You mean that there is the possibility of a second?

'Does not expect' implies that he has a small chance to get the nomination. That's just untrue. He's already conceded that the nominating process for the Presidency is over and that Romney will be the nominee. You're assuming that the finish line is in Tampa when the contender can mathematically lock up the win months before it--which Romney already has.

His goal now, like you said, is to advance the movement in delegate strategy-- not for winning the Presidential nomination-- but for floor speech/platform overhaul/presence; also, the more lucrative strategy of taking over state and local GOP positions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123