Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Stay home, Ron Paul people!"

I don't know where people gets this notion to 'vote for the winner'..."don't waste your vote" they say, well i got news for them, no one but paul, because in my book HE is the winner!, and not one of these side show freaks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The absolutely most despicably disgusting thing about voting is having your vote stolen electronically and handed to Romney the plastic wind up doll or Santorum or <gag> Newt Gingrich or any other chosen to be a part of the gross manipulation that is the electoral process in modern America.

In the beginning of this primary lots of us were banished to Hot Topics if we voiced the opinion (backed with lots of facts, BTW) that Ron was actually winning, but being cheated through blatant vote fraud. Thanks to a few, that's changing somewhat.

In any case, I firmly believe, without any reservations or doubts of any kind that despite the severe damage done by sham debates, media smear campaigns and the ridiculously obvious blackout effort, Ron was still the voter's choice throughout the straw poll process and into the Iowa Caucuses. I believe he won Iowa, but the vote count was simply altered through the vote and vote counting processes.

There is no (real) provision in my state to write Ron in. Since there is also no provision for me to receive a receipt of my vote choices and the process is 100% electronic with no paper trail, it wouldn't matter anyway.

Without addressing this situation, voting is not only a useless waste of time, it actually lets them use my vote as they see fit.

I'll pass.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Oh I'll show up. Even if I leave the Presidential choice blank, I will be voting.
    That seems like the obvious work-around. We will have to do that in all of our State/Local races in California, as they have limited our choice to just the top 2 in every race (except for President).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If only40% turned out at the polls, then they would have to do what? Take the popular vote. Or, as things seem to be now days, the NWO, can ignore this with the staging of Main Media to sell (or try to sell) the American people on their dictatorial scam of globalization with a no bars hold. There has to be an uprising where we stop pretending that we can make things better using the system because it is no longer "Our" system. We must remove ourselves from the process and take our government back.Imagine millions just camping on DC and state capitols refusing to work or spend money. Imagine people surrounding homes of the 535 representatives with bull horns saying give yourselves up, we the citizens arrest you for acts of treason. Imagine if millions closed their bank accounts and cut up their credit cards or better yet just burned those debt notes in the street. If we really want our country back we have to wake up to the fact that it cannot happen from within. I mean, come on.....what kind of future do we have here anyhow? Policed, surveillance up you butt to hoot, threat of arrests with unlimited detentions for being Americans who love liberty and hope for peace and prosperity. Drastic measures require drastic efforts. As drastic and insane as it sounds, we will soon have no dollar to buy and sell with anyhow. Instead we look forward to being chipped!! Really, what else do we have to loose? I don't know about you but I like my home and being forced to live in sustainable housing for the sake of saving our environment is just preposterous and will not reverse our pollution problems. It will just make it easier to monitor your every move. I say "STRIKE AS A NATION FOR LIBERTY, JUSTICE AND WORLD PEACE"

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Gary Johnson FTW! Seriously, it matters not whether GJ is "perfect" or not. What matters is having anti Obamney votes counted.
    Exactly. If Romney wins, they'll rightfully conclude that they don't need the Ron Paul supporters. Romney needs to lose by the same percentage that the LP gains.

I'm going to walk in, take the ballot, hold it up in the air, rip it up, throw it in the trash, then walk out.

I will be voting for Ron Paul regardless if they count it or not. They didn't count many of his primary votes either. But I will be doing more than just writing in Ron Paul, I will be campaigning for him all the way up to the November vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That seems like the obvious work-around. We will have to do that in all of our State/Local races in California, as they have limited our choice to just the top 2 in every race (except for President).
    On pres we can get Ron as a certified write in candidate just by, I think it's a dozen of us, filing as electors. That could be as late as next fall, as I recall.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Actually, you are dead wrong. Polling shows Romney and Obama are neck and neck and shifting the lead, and the 10 to 14% who poll 'undecided' with that choice don't like either of them, and DO like Ron Paul. I think it was CNN that did a compilation of their undecideds over multiple polls to get a sufficient sample and tried to figure out 'who we are'.
    I actually think it was MSNBC that did it. I don't know if you remember but what was funny was that they were trying to debate on who WE hated more Obama or Romney lol. If Dr. Paul could use that 10-14% to get a 3rd party that would be HUGE for our country and or political system.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeLiberty View Post
    None of the above is exactly what I want to say with my vote. Hope it's on the ballot.
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    I'll gladly mark the Obama box if they are going to force my hand.
    Aren't you guys from Missouri?

Number of people in this thread who are aware that this "None of the above" stupidity only exists in a single state (Nevada) = zero

Have you guys ever voted in your life? You've never noticed that "None of the above" is never there (unless you live in Nevada and even in that case only on some ballots)?

Also, how on earth is this related to Ron Paul? Are we supposed to believe that Ron Paul supporters confronted with the absence of the "none of the above" box will then vote for Romney instead of writing-in or just not voting on the presidential race? Well, if so, that bodes really well for Romney in the 49 states in which this option has never existed!

This "none of the above" thingie is bizarre and it's about time NV gets rid of it. Don't like any of the candidates? Leave the ballot blank.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Um...I'm writing in Ron Paul. Protest vote. Either way they win. Might be last time I vote for president for a long time anyway. My statism days are over after the disgusting last year.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Stay home? Why not vote Gary Johnson? That way your vote will be counted.

For me the strategy has always been:

1) Increase the liberty movement's presence in the GOP
    2) Get Ron Paul delegates
    3) For for Gary Johnson in the general election if Ron Paul is not nominee.

Let the GOP know they lost your vote with a pinko like Romney as the nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus
    I'm going to walk in, take the ballot, hold it up in the air, rip it up, throw it in the trash, then walk out.
    Nobody will know you did that. Vote Gary Johnson and it will be counted.

Wonder how many of those who claim they will vote for Obama are mad at Rand for "selling out"

We all play politics.

That said, I understand why you would maybe do that, however know whether you are in a swing state or not. No reason to give Obama a +1 in a state where Obama or Romney will win no matter what.

As for me, my libertarian/conservative conscience tells me
    To vote for GJ. My libertarian/conservative head also tells me to vote GJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ekrub View Post
    Wonder how many of those who claim they will vote for Obama are mad at Rand for "selling out"

We all play politics.

That said, I understand why you would maybe do that, however know whether you are in a swing state or not. No reason to give Obama a +1 in a state where Obama or Romney will win no matter what.

As for me, my libertarian/conservative conscience tells me
    To vote for GJ. My libertarian/conservative head also tells me to vote GJ
    100%. It's insane that any Ron Paul supporter would vote for Barack Obama over Gary Johnson. Just goes to show why the liberty movement will never run the show. There is no unity. The level of infighting I have seen is ridiculous. If Ron Paul supporters can't even protest vote for Gary Johnson, what hope is there?

Quote Originally Posted by atomicsink View Post
    Nobody will know you did that. Vote Gary Johnson and it will be counted.
    Not true, there will be a few old blue hairs in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Not true, there will be a few old blue hairs in the room.
    LOL, not to make light of the tragedy of death but they won't be around long so I wouldn't try too hard to impress them.

A vote for Gary Johnson makes a statement that the non-blue hairs will get.

100%. It's insane that any Ron Paul supporter would vote for Barack Obama over Gary Johnson. Just goes to show why the liberty movement will never run the show. There is no unity. The level of infighting I have seen is ridiculous. If Ron Paul supporters can't even protest vote for Gary Johnson, what hope is there?
    Gary Johnson isn't Ron Paul. Voting for him is voting for HIM. Voting for Ron by write in or otherwise is voting for Ron.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gary Johnson isn't Ron Paul. Voting for him is voting for HIM. Voting for Ron by write in or otherwise is voting for Ron.
    I thought we were voting for liberty here.

Write-ins aren't counted. Do it if it makes you feel better, but it's kind of silly.

Actually, you are dead wrong. Polling shows Romney and Obama are neck and neck and shifting the lead, and the 10 to 14% who poll 'undecided' with that choice don't like either of them, and DO like Ron Paul. I think it was CNN that did a compilation of their undecideds over multiple polls to get a sufficient sample and tried to figure out 'who we are'.
    Oh please, to quote CNN? These are the same douche bags that put out a fake poll (purposely left out Independents to give an illusion of a rise) against Ron Paul in Iowa that showed "team player" Santorum rising. The rest is history...

Rasmussen has Romney 48 to Obama 44. Romney also wins Iowa.

Another poll just out today showed Romney beating Obama in Wisconsin.

You are right that many don't like either and Rasmussen put out a survey last year in which 65% of Americans would like a viable Independent option and would consider voting for such person. Guess what? Ron didn't take that route as I wanted him to take and many delusional RPF members are all gun ho on fighting within the two party criminal system and within the Republican party where we are despised and hated. Yet "the people" are leaving both parties in droves. There is a big opportunity for us to spread our message of real limited government, no more aggressive wars, audit the FED, no more bailouts, bring the troops home, phase out the IRS, etc but this fixation on the Republican party is going to destroy any opportunity to fight the establishments. You put pressure on the system by not fighting within but a true revolution of people from the outside, hence the Indy route. It doesn't have to be Ron Paul. Someone just needs to be charasmatic and carry our message.

If you don't give those 10-14% a viable third option, the vast majority will vote for Romney by default. This is the anti-Obama year just like it was the anti-Bush year in 2008 although he wasn't even running. It's simply the way things operate in a two party system pushed on the voters by the elites and the establishment.
    Last edited by Liberty74; 06-13-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Anyone who votes for Barack over Gary are insane. They apparently aren't philosophically driven - "I'm Ron Paul all the way. What? He didn't get the nomination? I'm voting for Obama then." WTF?

I will be voting for Gary Johnson. I voted for Ron Paul in the primary but I am not going through the hassle of asking for a blank ballot that probably won't get counted anyway. Gary will be the best option listed on the ballot IMO.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

SPLITTER....What happened with Popular Front?

Splitting up dissipates our energy and makes any attempt destined to fail.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

The liberty movement is and has always been a loose affiliation of individuals who have some goals in common. To expect all these individuals to behave like a herd for any purpose other than trying to get Ron Paul in the White House is an exercise in futility.
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

Whatever you fellow patriots are selecting you better seriously analyze and coordinate your voting block and tell the rest of us what your are doing so we can vote lock step with you.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Quote Originally Posted by Maltheus View Post
    Exactly. If Romney wins, they'll rightfully conclude that they don't need the Ron Paul supporters. Romney needs to lose by the same percentage that the LP gains.
    This.

I made a thread a few days back regarding this, in that we need to be looking at a "safe" place to put our votes to ensure they are counted. 42 states allow and count write ins, but 8 do not. If you live in one of those 8 states, the best protest vote you can cast is one that will be counted, so there is hard data to reinforce why the GOP needs us. More so, I firmly believe we should try to consolidate these protest votes in one party to maximize the % increase when compared to 2008 numbers.

Honestly, it doesn't matter who the vote is for, as long as we document beforehand where that support came from and why. For instance, I'm not a huge fan of Johnson, but if we all can agree that is where those 8 states should cast their votes, I just don't want Johnson trying to act like he was some magnet of support for the LP. He would just be the guy on the ticket we decided to vote for, because we want our votes documented, and with a candidate that we know can't win. More so when you are honest in that no 3rd party has a snowball's chance in hell of winning. I mean hell, if he was on the ballot, I would say vote for Vermin Supreme.

As a side note, I'm in no way advocating for the LP, simply using them and Johnson as an example since they are thrown around here a lot. I stand firm though that writing Paul in within a state that does not count those write in votes is not seeing the big picture, and thinking about the liberty movement in future tense. But if we can all get on the same page, and actually look at where we are trying to get to, we organize for 42 states to write Paul in (since they count them), and the 8 states that don't count write ins we organize under one 3rd party. People have to understand, we HAVE to demonstrate and document how large a voter block we are. People already know we are part of what is considered the most feared grassroots movement, internet army, and active political process participants. Now we have to demonstrate how many votes we actually represent as well. More so when you consider how those numbers wil compare to the 2008 numbers.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

NOTA is a good option when there are no decent candidates. It sure would have been nice to have a "NOTA" option in 2008.

However, in this case, I'll vote for Gary Johnson.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    True, not voting at all can be a vote for liberty, but its so much more funny when you vote 3rd party.

Whats more of an embarrassment? Low voter turn out, or having all the 3rd party candidates at up to like 25% of the votes cast???

Would make for a smashing media black out to watch.

Exactly. Third party is a WAY more effective protest vote. Sitting at home is just lazy.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    Whatever you fellow patriots are selecting you better seriously analyze and coordinate your voting block and tell the rest of us what your are doing so we can vote lock step with you.
    I say vote Gary Johnson. Not because he's perfect, but because if he gets a solid percentage, everyone knows exactly what that means. Romney is no liberty candidate, and until the GOP starts caring about liberty, they'll continue to lose.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Ha! That's a new one -- much better than sitting at home, that's for sure. Just make sure people see you do it.

Vote Obama, so we can get a liberty candidate in 2016. It's game theory mathematics people, stop writing people in and $#@! out of emotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerographica View Post

Yes, I want to force consumers to buy trampolines, popcorn, environmental protection and national defense whether or not they really demand them. And I definitely want to outlaw all alternatives. Nobody should be allowed to compete with the state. Private security companies, private healthcare, private package delivery, private education, private disaster relief, private militias...should all be outlawed.
    ^Minimalist state socialism (minarchy) taken to its logical conclusions; communism.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast