Thread: Iowa Ron Paul endorsers, State Rep. Kim Pearson & Glen Massie don't seek reelection?

Question Iowa Ron Paul endorsers, State Rep. Kim Pearson & Glen Massie don't seek reelection?

I just went through the Iowa House of Representatives election results from the past week and noticed that both first-term incumbent, Ron Paul endorsers, Kim Pearson and Glen Massie both retired. Does anyone locally in Iowa know why they decided to retire? I know of at least one Ron Paul person, Randi Shannon, is running for State House, but is not an incumbent. Seems like a good opportunity was missed.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.ph...lections,_2012
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Wow. Maybe they will run for higher office? I hope so!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I met Glenn Massie when I was working in Iowa, he seemed like an awesome guy, hopefully he stays in it!
    "Power tends to confuse itself with virtue...conferring upon it a special responsibility for other nations—to make them richer and happier and wiser, to remake them, that is, in its own shining image. Power confuses itself with virtue and tends also to take itself for omnipotence. Once imbued with the idea of a mission, a great nation easily assumes that it has the means as well as the duty to do God's work." - William Fulbright