Thread: The great unspoken problem...

The great unspoken problem...

Obviously there's a lot of turmoil going on in the liberty movement right now, but I think everyone is missing the bigger issue (or at least, one of the major issues), that is causing a great number of our current problems.

It is with our voting system itself and the spoiler effect. A system that is completely broken.

I'll keep this short, merely by saying, our movement should start focusing on switching our voting system to a new type (ala alternative vote).

This little video explains it all wonderfully:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3jE3B8HsE

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wan to make Election Day a Holiday in the true sense of the term- every district gets a clear box for ballots, registered voters go to a public stage and write on a piece of paper, drop it in the box; on stage are the elected Election Committee people, who, at the closing of the polls, bust out a giant blackboard, and just read aloud and tally the results. Close down town squares all over america for a giant party in every district as we drink and cheer and rally in support of our various candidates and await the official tally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Perfidy View Post
    I wan to make Election Day a Holiday in the true sense of the term- every district gets a clear box for ballots, registered voters go to a public stage and write on a piece of paper, drop it in the box; on stage are the elected Election Committee people, who, at the closing of the polls, bust out a giant blackboard, and just read aloud and tally the results. Close down town squares all over america for a giant party in every district as we drink and cheer and rally in support of our various candidates and await the official tally.
    lolz... at least this will make it painfully obvious that voting is merely a ritual of the democracy cult.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 06-11-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I agree the system is broken but this goes in general politics
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Perfidy View Post
    Parties, eh?
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

P.S. "holiday" comes to us from the phrase "holy day". Considering the evil and secular nature of the state, I propose we stop calling state celebrations "holidays". "Observances" is more accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

If I may, I believe that the true problem is that the general population.

There is talk of raising the minimum wage here in New York. According to the poll reported on one of the local news shows

77% support this

Quote Originally Posted by thequietkid10 View Post
    If I may, I believe that the true problem is that the general population.

There is talk of raising the minimum wage here in New York. According to the poll reported on one of the local news shows

77% support this
    That's sure to help with the unemployment problem
    Liberty is for all; privileges are for none.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.