Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary stop listening to hipsters about Kony, start listening to Michael Scheuer

Gary stop listening to hipsters about Kony, start listening to Michael Scheuer

Gary is fond of talking about intervening abroad for humanitarian reasons. That's the way these things start Gary. It's rather disturbing.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His point is that he is not willing to throw out the idea on ideological grounds. He would do it because it's the right thing to do

Thomas Jefferson broke the Constitution by making the Louisiana Purchase, but the opportunity was unbelievable and he had no time to wait for the power to do it, so he did it. There ARE times when something causes you to do something you may normally be against, because it doesn't fit the mold.

The thing is, I believe that if you did talk to Gary Johnson about this issue, explain to him what's wrong with that viewpoint in a rational way, that he would admit that he's wrong and take up your viewpoint.

Every tyrant in history claimed it was for the good of the people. Reality is a bit more complex than that.

The Somalia debacle should be taught in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Respect38 View Post
    The thing is, I believe that if you did talk to Gary Johnson about this issue, explain to him what's wrong with that viewpoint in a rational way, that he would admit that he's wrong and take up your viewpoint.
    The amount of on-the-job training Gary needs is starting to worry me. Even if he made it into the debates, he might get schooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    The amount of on-the-job training Gary needs is starting to worry me. Even if he made it into the debates, he might get schooled.

Mainstream Media surely might BUSHWHACK Gary Johnson . . . or "simply" ignore him, as they did Ron Paul.

But Gary Johnson will NOT be schooled by Barack Obama or Mitt Romney.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 06-17-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Who has more experience than Gary Johnson? He already has had plenty of on the job training running a multi-million dollar company and a state.

Do you REALLY think Obama and Romney have something to teach Johnson? Seriously? Did they open up a school on "How to really screw over everyone with government"?
    Last edited by JohnAshman; 06-17-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Ron Paul 2012. If not the Republican Nominee, Gary Johnson 2012.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Yeah but guess what, he's the best we're gonna get so make the best of it. At least he's willing to learn.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAshman View Post
    Who has more experience than Gary Johnson?
    Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Obama?
    Well, only at being President. He doesn't have any business managerial experience and half as much experience running a government.

He has just about zero experience in achieving anything but a better government position.

And what's worse? The second term of a President always seems to be much worse than the first one.

I don't know if Gary Johnson has time to be president; he's too busy promoting the gay agenda.

Gary Johnson first caught my attention about 8 months ago when he was promoting "gay unions". Then he released the "Be Libertarian With Me" video. I noticed the gay rainbow flag in one of the frames.

Then I started following him on Twitter a couple weeks ago. I've gotten 3 tweets from him and they're all about Gay Pride in Denver.

I guess he doesn't subscribe to Ron Paul's theory that there are no "women's rights", "black rights", "gay rights", "225 lbs or heavier rights", etc; there's only individual rights.
    "WE..as a group NOW have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jemuf View Post
    I guess he doesn't subscribe to Ron Paul's theory that there are no "women's rights", "black rights", "gay rights", "225 lbs or heavier rights", etc; there's only individual rights.

"Hopefully," he also does not subscribe to Rand Paul's theory of "PASSENGER RIGHTS".
    Last edited by cheapseats; 06-17-2012 at 04:19 PM.

I don't know if Gary Johnson has time to be president; he's too busy promoting the gay agenda.

Gary Johnson first caught my attention about 8 months ago when he was promoting "gay unions". Then he released the "Be Libertarian With Me" video. I noticed the gay rainbow flag in one of the frames.

Then I started following him on Twitter a couple weeks ago. I've gotten 3 tweets from him and they're all about Gay Pride in Denver.

But there are ENTITLEMENTS that make marriage beneficial, implicit legal benefits.

But there are ENTITLEMENTS that make marriage beneficial, implicit legal benefits.
    lol this guy

you really don't get it do you?

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    "Hopefully," he also does not subscribe to Rand Paul's theory of "PASSENGER RIGHTS".
    Uhh, you're using that term completely out of context. No surprise though.

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post
    lol this guy

you really don't get it do you?
    Have you ever read the 14th Amendment and the part about "privileges" and "citizens"?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He does agree with Ron in some of these things. But he's also smart to go after groups who's rights have been trampled by both Republicans and Democrats.

Ron Paul supported Don't Ask, Don't Tell, which is an unbelievably discriminatory and unconstitutional attack on individual rights.

If a business had a policy of DADT, they'd be sued out of business and the government would drop a hammer on them, not necessarily in that order.

Well, you cannot really make a valid comparison between private business entities from which their privilege to exist is acquired from the very government that is empowered to grant that same exception, e.g., the government could pass DADT onto businesses if they wanted to, while a private business could not hire employees with the intention to train them to go off and kill people, (Xe (Blackwater), American Private Police Force (American Police Force), and Wackenhut exceptions noted).
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

He does agree with Ron in some of these things. But he's also smart to go after groups who's rights have been trampled by both Republicans and Democrats.

Ron Paul supported Don't Ask, Don't Tell, which is an unbelievably discriminatory and unconstitutional attack on individual rights.

If a business had a policy of DADT, they'd be sued out of business and the government would drop a hammer on them, not necessarily in that order.
    I was right. You really don't get it

I was right. You really don't get it

Irrespective of whatever circular argument is underway, YOU ADVOCATE THE BANNING OF DISSENTING OPINION.

YOU really do not "get" Liberty.

Gary is fond of talking about intervening abroad for humanitarian reasons.

If you believe that, you must also believe that Ron Paul is fond of talking about whether one period of his newsletters conveyed racism, whether heroin should be decriminalized, and whether widespread perception of his un-electability portends a third-party bid.

It is BEYOND ironic and into PERVERSE territory, for Ron Paul Supporters NOT to acknowledge that corporate-owned Mainstream Media will do to OTHER "dangerous" upstarts what they have ALWAYS done to Ron Paul.

I mean, TAKE YER $#@!IN' PICK. Ron Paul is Controlled Opposition, or he has been systematically bushwhacked right down the line.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 06-18-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Well, you cannot really make a valid comparison between private business entities from which their privilege to exist is acquired from the very government that is empowered to grant that same exception, e.g., the government could pass DADT onto businesses if they wanted to, while a private business could not hire employees with the intention to train them to go off and kill people, (Xe (Blackwater), American Private Police Force (American Police Force), and Wackenhut exceptions noted).
    Business doesn't get its privilege to exist from the government. Government gets its privilege to exist from the people.

If you believe that, you must also believe that Ron Paul is fond of talking about whether one period of his newsletters conveyed racism, whether heroin should be decriminalized, and whether widespread perception of his un-electability portends a third-party bid.

It is BEYOND ironic and into PERVERSE territory, for Ron Paul Supporters NOT to acknowledge that corporate-owned Mainstream Media will do to OTHER "dangerous" upstarts what they have ALWAYS done to Ron Paul.

I mean, TAKE YER $#@!IN' PICK. Ron Paul is Controlled Opposition, or he has been systematically bushwhacked right down the line.
    http://civilliberty.about.com/od/pro...r-Ron-Paul.htm

Ron Paul is all for rights, except for the ones he doesn't like. Same as any other politician.

Libertarianism has become so dogmatic about specfic governmental economic policies (Why the gold standard? Why not, let's say, the copper standard?) that you dare not deviate from those aspects, but feel free to deviate when it comes to individual rights, which I always thought was the whole point.

DDT played a video in which Paul contradicted himself in two sentences. First he said that these things should be settled by the states according to the 10th Amendment, then realizing that he has said that about the WRONG issue, he switched 180 degrees to saying that of course there was a right to privacy as dictated by the 4th Amendment. Ron Paul is a libertarian about 33% of the time, a constitutional conservative about 33% of the time, and a social conservative a la Santorum about 33% of the time. And he can switch gears effortlessly. You have to ask which Ron Paul is talking sometimes and sometimes Social Conservative Paul forgets what Libertarian Paul said last week.

Which is fine, he's still better than pretty much everyone else in Congress combined, but he's hardly the pure messiah to whom all must bow.

Speaking of which, Gary did EXACTLY that, when he flew to Houston to meet with Paul and ask for his blessing and support for the 2012 election run. All that we know of what happened is that the meeting was cut short by Paul the moment Gary told them that he was going to run and that Ron announced a month after Gary did. This after Ron asked for Gary's support in 2008 and he not only gave it, he went out and spoke at a Ron Paul rally for him. This why Gary has repeatedly said that he will not ask for Paul's endorsement, nor does he expect it. I didn't understand why, but now I do. Even with this, Gary said he would have picked Ron Paul as his VP in the debate, the only one to do so.

Finding this out pretty much makes me angry at myself for promising to vote for Paul if he wins the nomination (even though that possibility is extremely low to nonexistent). I've learned a lot more about Paul than I've known in the past and most of the relevations haven't been good. I didn't know he also tried to get an amendment passed that would allow people states to ban flag burning, something that Murray Rothbard specifically said is none of government's business, unless the flags are the property of government or someone else. That is already illegal.

Business doesn't get its privilege to exist from the government. Government gets its privilege to exist from the people.
    No that is not an entirely correct assertion.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    No that is not an entirely correct assertion.
    If you're talking Libertarian theory, it is.

Irrespective of whatever circular argument is underway, YOU ADVOCATE THE BANNING OF DISSENTING OPINION.

YOU really do not "get" Liberty.

If all he was doing was offering a different opinion then I would be fine with it. That's not what he is doing. He is posting negative things about RP and trying to further the goals of his own candidate.

Ron Paul is all for rights, except for the ones he doesn't like. Same as any other politician.
    As of yet I haven't seen him post anything of actual value. He doesn't even seem to be a libertarian from the way he sounds in most of his posts.

Also, why is it that everyone seems to think, that if you advocate for someone to be banned then you are against liberty?

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    The forums have a Mission Statement and a ToS which were agreed to, which included stipulations for when one would be asked to leave (or forced to). Every forum has this, including the new one; the degree to which it is enforced varies from forum to forum.
    Last edited by DerailingDaTrain; 06-18-2012 at 01:58 PM.

If all he was doing was offering a different opinion then I would be fine with it. That's not what he is doing. He is posting negative things about RP and trying to further the goals of his own candidate.

As of yet I haven't seen him post anything of actual value. He doesn't even seem to be a libertarian from the way he sounds in most of his posts.

Also, why is it that everyone seems to think, that if you advocate for someone to be banned then you are against liberty?
    Like most fake libertarians, you're all for your liberty, it's only mine you don't like.

Like most fake libertarians, you're all for your liberty, it's only mine you don't like.

Your liberty to do what..come on a privately owned forum and talk $#@! about the person who it is named for?

From what I've seen you aren't very libertarian but instead more like a big government Democrat.
    Last edited by DerailingDaTrain; 11-28-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Your liberty to do what..come on a privately owned forum and talk $#@! about the person who it is named for?

From what I've seen you aren't very libertarian but instead more like a big government Democrat. I'm done with fake libertarians like you.
    Speaking of "talking $#@!".

Well, for one thing, I am dealing with facts here and responding to a lot of incorrect assertions by a lot of people.

If you don't want to vote for someone who's pro-choice, GREAT, that's a real difference. If you hate it when people burn flags, then GO FOR IT, that's a real difference. If you want to build more fences, don't vote for Gary, that's a REAL difference. If you want to police people's bedrooms, don't vote for Gary, that's a REAL difference. But don't make up stuff.

Speaking of "talking $#@!".

Well, for one thing, I am dealing with facts here and responding to a lot of incorrect assertions by a lot of people.

If you don't want to vote for someone who's pro-choice, GREAT, that's a real difference. If you hate it when people burn flags, then GO FOR IT, that's a real difference. If you want to build more fences, don't vote for Gary, that's a REAL difference. If you want to police people's bedrooms, don't vote for Gary, that's a REAL difference. But don't make up stuff.
    Ron Paul is not in favor of any border fence and he doesn't want to police anyone's bedroom. Where are you getting this stuff from...DailyKos?

I'm willing to bet you don't actually know much about Ron Paul.
    Last edited by DerailingDaTrain; 06-18-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast