Thread: Report from the Indiana State Convention

Report from the Indiana State Convention

I had the pleasure of attending the state convention in Indiana with my father, Elkhart County Sheriff, and delegate Brad Rogers. Lot of corruption, but also rays of hope. Our first goal was NOT to win delegates for Ron Paul, although we tried to do that as well. The primary goal was to bring about an open convention. Right now, delegates are selected in secret by party big wigs, and then pushed upon caucus attendies without allowed debate, and ammendments. We united with Tea Party members, and others who were upset about this corrupt system. The caucus we attended was in district 2. The chair did NOT allow debate, motions, points of information or anything else. From what I heard, (I couldn't go in.) he had no idea what he was doing, and didn't even know what point of order meant! I was outside the caucus doors, and a few minutes before they started, some party "leaders" came out to discuss how to railroad the caucus. One yelled, "They are recording everything we are doing in there!" The closest vote in the caucus was 99 to 66 or somewhere around there. If we had flipped just 20 or so delegate seats, we could of voted down their slate, and it would of gone to nominations from the floor. A few districts came closer, and some had fair leadership.

The good news is, not only us, but many others are HOPPIN MAD! They are ready to go at it again, and they want others to get involved, and we WILL take back our party! I hope to run for delegate next time, and precinct committeeman. (Not bad for 17 eh?) We went to dinner with other Ron Paul supporters, and Tea Party members we knew. We all agreed, we need to take down the establishment!

The next day was the general session. Heard speeches from many Indiana politicians. Sounded like they all read the same script... A few Ron Paul supporters showed up in T-Shirts. I was sitting in the observers section, in a full suit, with a flag tie, and state pin, and I heard someone say, "I wish those Ron Paul supporters dressed nicer..." Brings up a good point though, dress to impress. The only speaker to mention Dr. Paul, was our Attorney General, Greg Zoeller. He mentioned that he met alot of Ron Paul supporters and welcomed us to the party. He is a good man with a good record in office, and deserves our votes. The best part is something I will remember for a long, long time. An ammendment was presented to the Party Platform in support of a FULL audit of the Federal Reserve. The room went wild! I couldn't help myself and stood up in the back and yelled, it was beautiful. The party had not objections, and it passed with almost everyone voting for it. (I think I heard one very, very weak, "Nay" near the back, but it sounded like he had not idea what he was doing...)

All in all, we have come a long way. We doubled our numbers, and we need to do that again! Don't give up, don't abandon the Republican Party, stay the course, we CAN win this thing. IF, we get involved, run for delegate, precinct committeeman, and other offices. FOR LIBERTY!

P.S. Good to meet fellow forums member Erowe1, suprised he knew me.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Yep although I hate to use the word impossible the Repubs have been dammed determined to make electing Ron near impossible.

Nice. I'm getting ready to leave for Indiana and start looking for a cheap home. I had the last day of my moving sale today and will be leaving by the end of this week. I'm going to look around Muncie area. What district would that be?
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    Nice. I'm getting ready to leave for Indiana and start looking for a cheap home. I had the last day of my moving sale today and will be leaving by the end of this week. I'm going to look around Muncie area. What district would that be?
    That would be the 6th, currently that seat is held by Pence.

thanks
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for all your hard work in fighting for Liberty!

Nice recap and was glad to see this time everyone is ready to fight harder

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    Nice recap and was glad to see this time everyone is ready to fight harder
    Agreed, can't wait for the next convention!