Thread: Critical moment in movements history, need unity and new leadership strategy

Critical moment in movements history, need unity and new leadership strategy

Everyone has been discussing the Rand Paul dilemma, the strange silence of Ron Paul and obvious contradictions. I do not want this stuff to divide us. I insist that the movement begin discussing new leadership strategies for the movement as a whole. Ron Paul can not live forever, and it appears that the time to decide how we will continue is now. Let this discussion unify our movement. Please, pass this message on!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would also like to tell everyone to please share their ideas. We are a movement of ideas, not dictators.

So you registered in January, and 50% of your posts occur now, urging us to discuss new leadership? hahaha Mike? My cousin works in some kinda federal intelligence now, and, is a $#@!in dumbass. .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Perfidy View Post
    So you registered in January, and 50% of your posts occur now, urging us to discuss new leadership? hahaha Mike? My cousin works in some kinda federal intelligence now, and, is a $#@!in dumbass. .
    It is but one of many forums; this forum is not solely the movement. I ask you to understand the important events that are happening recently, and please dont post like your intoxicated.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

If the movement needs 'leaders' then it's not worth saving.

We know the message. Dr. Paul recommended a strategy. Some will keep implementing it, and others will not.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

There is no such thing as a unified movement. The liberty movement is a collect of individuals only bounded together by the same desire for individualism.

Tom Joad

Everyone has been discussing the Rand Paul dilemma, the strange silence of Ron Paul and obvious contradictions.
    That sums up the past week well.

I find myself looking for a new direction as well.

Check out http://toplibertarian.com/

Ranking the most visited libertarian websites in existence.

RPF is #14

We're having a very Tom Joad moment, somebody is going to man-up; nature abhors a vacuum and there is a power vacuum in the liberty movement.

The highway is alive tonight
    But nobody's kiddin' nobody about where it goes
    I'm sittin' down here in the campfire light
    Searchin' for the ghost of Tom Joad

More on Joad (Grapes of Wrath):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Joad
    http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/ragea...oftomjoad.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqnMrynpq9U
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLFLr...eature=related
    http://www.123helpme.com/view.asp?id=17075
    Last edited by presence; 06-15-2012 at 06:32 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perhaps Tom Joad has come in the form of a group of lawyers suing on our behalf?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...n-Paul-Lawsuit

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    We're having a very Tom Joad moment, somebody is going to man-up; nature abhors a vacuum and there is a power vacuum in the liberty movement.

I am thinking it is less NATURE that abhors a vaccuum, and more HUMAN NATURE that can't stand it.

Someone WILL "man up" and seize the helm, if someone else does not RISE and lead.

People ARE rising. I don't "follow" Justin Amash or Thomas Massie, to know whether they are rising higher than they have already risen, but they HAVE risen. They are not the only ones. Once upon a time, the only people who knew Ron Paul were his family, neighbors and patients.

And one truth about Ron Paul is that he is NOT a leader...(apology to The Devoted). He is learned and wise, principled and patient, inspirational and kind...LOTS of things, is Ron Paul. But he is not a Leader. OBVIOUSLY...or he'd have gotten a lock on the GOP nomination amid a field of Republican runts.

Aside from the dangerous nepotistic illogic of assuming that ANYONE'S virtues are inherited, prematurely committing emotional energy to the offspring of a previous and beloved figurehead INCREASES the odds against someone BETTER rising, and DECREASES the chance of people recognizing that someone else IS better.

Ron Paul was LATE throwing his hat into the 2012 ring. That does NOT mean that the Liberty Moovement should throw the next hat into the ring EARLY. Early Risers sometimes catch the worms. Haste also sometimes makes both waste and mess.

Better that the Liberty Moovement should fight to NOT crown a new Leader perfunctorily, than fight to crown one "just" to fill an opening. LEADERS NATURALLY RISE. Leaders will naturally rise in the Liberty Moovement. But NOT if people are so effin' SCARED that, the moment the teacher leaves the classroom, they immediately APPOINT a substitute from among their familiar faces.

Speaking of waste and mess, there is some very messy and unnecessary irony in lambasting those who advocate voting for Gary Johnson in November (SCUMBAG IS TRYING TO STEAL RON PAUL'S SUPPORT!) while accommodating-unto-encouraging speculation about a Rand Paul presidency, when it was RAND and NOT Gary who endorsed Mitt...in June...on Hannity...with a pledge to campaign for Mitt.

That fiercest-I-mean-most-enthusiastic Ron Paul Supporters could "suddenly" abandon their resolve about 2012 in order to curry favor in future YEARS is effin' incredible to me, and NOT in a good way. I do NOT spy compromise in that, rather, I spy kneeling before YOU CAN'T FIGHT CITY HALL. Whatever. Whereas I think the "game players" are uncreative and timid, people who think "playing politics" is SAVVY think that people who DON'T think it is savvy are unsophisticated and doomed to lose.

On the subjects of LEADERSHIP and WINNING, I advise savvy "R's" to GET IT, that the "R" who almost certainly has the requisite 1144 delegates did NOT sign that boondoggle PERSONHOOD PLEDGE.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent strokes. I've said it before, I'll say it again: People have no idea how BORED and RESTLESS they'd be, if everyone agreed.

"All's I'm saying" is that whether the Liberty Moovement gets a shiny new leader or "goes leaderless" during the GRIEVING PROCESS, pimping "favorites" before the LAST election is even over is likely to REPEL as much support for The Chosen One as it gains. I will suggest that conscientiously pissing off some people to please other people...two steps forward, one and a half steps back...is one of the perversities by which "fiscally prudent" Ron Paul managed to run up far-and-away the highest COST PER VOTE.

Recovery Circuit Wisdom sez the HOW of "How It Works" stands for Honesty, OPEN-MINDEDNESS, and Willingness.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 06-18-2012 at 08:57 AM.