Thread: Bernanke: "A trillion there, a trillion here" <laughs>

Bernanke: "A trillion there, a trillion here" <laughs>

Wow, and gold is down 40 bucks on this talk?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why does the great Fed Chairman always sound like a seven year old "explaining" why he was reaching in the cookie jar?
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

In that short clip, Benanke was correct, surprisingly. The interest rate isn't a big of a deal as compared to the debt that is being racked up each year. $100B more in interest payments a year isn't nearly as bad as $1T more in debt. Too bad Congress seems unable to grasp that...
    Turning the GOP into a party of liberty will not be a quick race, it will be a marathon.

the belt tightening verses spending swings in institutions
    like our pentagon is the "trill here, trill there" quip thingie?

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    the belt tightening verses spending swings in institutions
    like our pentagon is the "trill here, trill there" quip thingie?
    Uhhhh, what??
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by DEGuy View Post
    In that short clip, Benanke was correct, surprisingly. The interest rate isn't a big of a deal as compared to the debt that is being racked up each year. $100B more in interest payments a year isn't nearly as bad as $1T more in debt. Too bad Congress seems unable to grasp that...
    Yeah but if interest rates on the 10 year were more like 5%, that would make an immense difference. I'd agree that around the margins it's not material, but it can grow unwieldy quite quickly.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Yeah but if interest rates on the 10 year were more like 5%, that would make an immense difference. I'd agree that around the margins it's not material, but it can grow unwieldy quite quickly.
    Of course, and my professor at school was baffled by that fact. Its as if no one ever thinks interest rates can go up. We're all delusional. Buy more, spend more, finance everything on cheap money. In the meantime we're killing our economy and our country. Interest rates are low because the national debt is enormous.
    Last edited by Jlasoon; 06-07-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Bernanke on debt "...a trillion here, a trilion there.... doesn't make much difference..."

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Jlasoon View Post
    Of course, and my professor at school was baffled by that fact. Its as if no one ever thinks interest rates can go up. We're all delusional. Buy more, spend more, finance everything on cheap money. In the meantime we're killing our economy and our country. Interest rates are low because the national debt is enormous.
    Interest rates are low because there is a high demand for US debt. Despite the enormous debt, apparantly the world markets think we are still a more sound invesment than debt from Euro nations, many of whom have a lower debt/GDP ratio. There's a theoretical limit to the amount of debt the world will absorb, but my crystal ball isn't working at the moment.
    Turning the GOP into a party of liberty will not be a quick race, it will be a marathon.