Thread: The media is using our own dedication against us!

The media is using our own dedication against us!

I don't know if this is a new idea or if I am bringing a new idea to the table here. I was thinking about it today.

The media has been using our own dedication to liberty, the constitution and freedom against us. What a deceitful way to put a dent in this movement.

I've noticed that any time a MSM story comes out about Rand maybe having discussions with Romney, suddenly the entire grassroots gets all up in arms and suddenly is in "pro Rand" and "anti Rand" camps. Or if somebody votes a certain way on an issue and it is reported by the MSM. It is a very divisive tactic, and I think we can expect to see it happen more and more as more liberty candidates infiltrate Washington.

The goal of this tactic is to divide us because in the end this is just a numbers game. If they can split us up, then they can control us. Just be careful of this tactic the media is using and will use in the future.
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doesn't matter to me in the short term right now. NOBP. I'll sort out everything else after the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Massachusetts View Post
    I don't know if this is a new idea or if I am bringing a new idea to the table here. I was thinking about it today.

The media has been using our own dedication to liberty, the constitution and freedom against us. What a deceitful way to put a dent in this movement.

I've noticed that any time a MSM story comes out about Rand maybe having discussions with Romney, suddenly the entire grassroots gets all up in arms and suddenly is in "pro Rand" and "anti Rand" camps. Or if somebody votes a certain way on an issue and it is reported by the MSM. It is a very divisive tactic, and I think we can expect to see it happen more and more as more liberty candidates infiltrate Washington.

The goal of this tactic is to divide us because in the end this is just a numbers game. If they can split us up, then they can control us. Just be careful of this tactic the media is using and will use in the future.
    I don't think we need the media to divide us, we've done a pretty good job of that ourselves, Reason vs Mises, Incrementalist vs idealogs, beltway vs grassroots, Alex Jones backers vs Alex Jones bashers,

If anything the media is reporting on what has already been happening.

And for the record, I have strong opinions on tactics and will defend them. But at the end of the day we need to work together.
    Last edited by thequietkid10; 06-12-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thequietkid10 View Post
    I don't think we need the media to divide us, we've done a pretty good job of that ourselves, Reason vs Mises, Incrementalist vs idealogs, beltway vs grassroots, Alex Jones backers vs Alex Jones bashers,

If anything the media is reporting on what has already been happening.

And for the record, I have strong opinions on tactics and will defend them. But at the end of the day we need to work together.
    + Rep.

Sadly the wild gyrations here and elsewhere since the Rand/Mitt endorsement have only gone to cement in the minds of the many, just how "right" certain elements were when calling Paul supporters "irrational, delusional, dangerous, and just plain crazy"

Quote Originally Posted by thequietkid10 View Post
    I don't think we need the media to divide us, we've done a pretty good job of that ourselves,
    I'm not alarmed by this...it just shows that, unlike Obamabots and neoconbots, we don't follow a script. We're all individuals here, each with our own opinions who can think for ourselves.

But at the end of the day, we are all united for the same cause: Liberty. It's not a big deal that we may not all agree on how to get there. Diversity of ideas is good.