Thread: Pictures: Paul Supporters at the NCGOP State Convention

Pictures: Paul Supporters at the NCGOP State Convention

There were more of us than this, but this is the group that gathered in the parking lot for a discussion and photo op before the business session.
    Last edited by lib3rtarian; 06-03-2012 at 09:50 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's a larger group than 2008 was. I could sense it during the convention. We were louder, and I was bumping into more of us, when walking around the floor of the ballroom. I think the convention results reflected this ... we were still a small enough voting block for the NCGOP to "manage" but we were too numerous to push aside and ignore.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

I am certainly glad to see so many of them there. Hopefully, in the future, more pro-liberty people will learn to dress appropriately for such occasions. This is an excellent teachable moment. At least one of them has a non-tucked t-shirt, shorts and tennis shoes on.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

More important that they just show up, than worry about attire. Heck, Chuck got the "pro midwifing" plank passed despite going to the microphone even with R3volution bumper stickers on him, haha

And plenty of regular GOP were dressed summer casual as well.
    Last edited by MozoVote; 06-03-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    This is an excellent teachable moment.
    Got any more trite Obama-isms to share?

At least one of them has a non-tucked t-shirt, shorts and tennis shoes on.
    Yes, "at least one" out of, what, 150? Many of whom are wearing suits & ties! Plus many more of us who were wearing suits & ties were inside at the Pawlenty luncheon while this was taking place.

I was wearing a lightweight suit but by the time I got up to go to the restroom I had sweat all the way through to my seat cushion. I don't blame anybody for dressing down if it works for them.
    Last edited by musicmax; 06-03-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by musicmax View Post
    Got any more trite Obama-isms to share?
    I sense hostility. I am sorry that constructive criticism from allies bothers you. I didn't mean to bother you. However, I don't understand what you are talking about. What does this have to do with Obama?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    There were more of us than this, but this is the group that gathered in the parking lot for a discussion and photo op before the business session.
    Yeah, I missed this meeting so I'm not even in the picture. Didn't know it was happening and was sleeping off the festivities from the night before...

Thanks for posting the pictures.

I am certainly glad to see so many of them there. Hopefully, in the future, more pro-liberty people will learn to dress appropriately for such occasions. This is an excellent teachable moment. At least one of them has a non-tucked t-shirt, shorts and tennis shoes on.
    There were wide swings in attire from our group and the rank-and-file GOP. I wore shirt and tie to all sessions and was mostly overdressed compared to the rest of the convention. Non-issue really.

Quote Originally Posted by MozoVote View Post
    More important that they just show up, than worry about attire. Heck, Chuck got the "pro midwifing" plank passed despite going to the microphone even with R3volution bumper stickers on him, haha

And plenty of regular GOP were dressed summer casual as well.
    Carrying a beer in his hand even! I shared that story with so many people as the highlight of the convention.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-03-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

but but but but.... I thought we were just a bunch of pot smoking $#@! ups? Why are all these adults and young people in suits all around!
    It's just an opinion... man...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I sense hostility. I am sorry that constructive criticism from allies bothers you. I didn't mean to bother you. However, I don't understand what you are talking about. What does this have to do with Obama?
    I thought picking out one person from a group of over a hundred was rather petty. Now if the whole front row was wearing "truther" gear you'd have a point.

Obama popularized the term "teachable moment" in 2009 with the Henry Louis Gates beer summit.

I wasn't in that photo either. For those of you who didn't go, there were probably 400 Paul supporters there. I only recognize about half of the people in this photo, and I was seeking out Paul people and hanging out with them.

One indication of our numbers was the RLC luncheon that was held about a mile from the convention center. They were expecting 40 - 50 people and 123 showed up. We basically took over the entire steak house for an RLC meeting. It was awesome.

I wore a dress shirt on Friday and a blazer and tie Saturday and Sunday. I didn't feel overdressed at all.

And yes, it was very obvious that Paul supporters aren't just a bunch of teenage pot smokers.. although there were a few of those there. "run the shower" ..

RADICALS!!!!
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

Look at all those crazy pot smoking "kids".

Quote Originally Posted by musicmax View Post
    Obama popularized the term "teachable moment" in 2009 with the Henry Louis Gates beer summit.
    I didn't realize that. I was taught it many years before that.

I pointed out the worst example. I was going to point out many people broadly that were poorly dressed for the occasion. I didn't want to seem rude or anything so I decided to point out a specific example of someone horribly dressed. I didn't want to try to say all Ron Paul leaders in NC were clueless when it came to dressing for the occasion, because that isn't true. Some certainly dressed inappropriately but not all of them.

It seems to me you are being hypersensitive. That's your right and it is fine. I think everything I said was completely appropriate and not rude. We seem to just disagree on this. That's fine with me.

If it makes you feel any better, if I was at a similar event where I live, I would have brought that man aside and talked to him about his dress style. If there was a group discussion about ways to improve, I would have likely made broad suggestive statements. We all make lots of mistakes. It isn't that big a deal.

Thanks for posting these pics, and it was great meeting everyone!