Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 45

Thread: Shenanigans At The North Carolina Convention

  1. #1

    Default Shenanigans At The North Carolina Convention

    I am on the telephone right now with a friend (State delegate) who was cornered by GOP goons tonight threatening her with libel and slander for handing out information flyers. The flyers consisted of making people aware of the shenanigans the GOP are doing at the county conventions levels and redistricting antics in North Carolina as well.

    ETA:

    2 delegates and 2 alternate delegates on the chairman's delegate plate. She is not sure about the resolution. She had to leave after she was accosted by the goons. She was pretty shaken up.
    Last edited by donnay; 06-02-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: typo
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    I know who this was and hope she stays strong.

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I know who this was and hope she stays strong.
    Oh yeah but they were brutal. Then there were a lot of agent provocateurs amongst them too. She reported a couple who were extremely obvious to the chairman. One was actually posing as a chairman. Some crazy $#@!.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  5. #4

    Default

    Can you/she/aliens scan flyers and post it here?
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

    SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

    http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

    For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.



    Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.


  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Can you/she/aliens scan flyers and post it here?
    Unfortunately I do not have that capability to do that. Sorry.

    But I will see what I can do to get someone to post it.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  7. #6

    Default

    Someone should make a website dedicated to this stuff.

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noneedtoaggress View Post
    Someone should make a website dedicated to this stuff.

    http://www.toolsforjustice.com/what-we-do/election-fraud/
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

    SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

    http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

    For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.



    Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.


  9. #8

    Default

    tell your friend to hang in there, she is staring the enemy of liberty right in the face, it can be scary. :0
    No - No - No - No
    2016

  10. #9

    Default

    I meant something more specifically relating to RP supporters being suppressed.

  11. #10

    Default

    Can you be more specific? What did the flyer say? Did it reference things happening specifically in NC? Who were the GOP'ers who accosted her?

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    Can you be more specific? What did the flyer say? Did it reference things happening specifically in NC? Who were the GOP'ers who accosted her?
    From what I understood, the flyers were given to her by another person who checked with all the right people to make sure they were okay to hand out at the convention. I will try and get more info tomorrow. She called me on her way home from the convention and was seriously shaken up, so at points it was hard to understand everything. She is a know Ron Paul supporter too.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  13. #12

    Default

    I suspect it was the yellow flyers calling out the party for violating it's own Plan of Org, endorsing candidates before the primaries conclude.

    There are some bitter feelings in eastern NC over this in the Arthur Williams / Mattie Lawson runoff coming up. Plus some lingering resentment in the 8th congressional district after the 2010 primary. That's probably why Ada Fisher was quite vocal about this subject in her nomination speech for committeewoman.

    Here's a blog from Dare county on the endorsement spat:
    http://truthordarenc.com/rlc-nc-chai...sing-williams/
    Last edited by MozoVote; 06-03-2012 at 07:07 AM.

  14. #13

    Default

    So I've yet to see a summary of what went down in yesterday's business session. Anyone care to post a breakdown?

  15. #14

    Default

    Howdy, ya'll in NC
    We are wondering if there are any ustreams for todays, and yesterdays business?
    We are on ronpaultribune.com chat and welcome any information.

  16. #15

    Default

    Re: Shenanigans At The North Carolina Convention

    Has shenanigans been officially declared?
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

  17. #16

    Default

    Update:

    Just heard back from my friend and she is going to try and get the flyers scanned so we can upload them here. She also got a call from a high power attorney today to see if she is willing to go after the thugs that threatened her last night. She is going to talk it over with her husband to see if she wants to pursue it.


    More to come...
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Update:

    Just heard back from my friend and she is going to try and get the flyers scanned so we can upload them here. She also got a call from a high power attorney today to see if she is willing to go after the thugs that threatened her last night. She is going to talk it over with her husband to see if she wants to pursue it.


    More to come...
    I hope, we're not divine so we're not expected to turn the other cheek. Making examples out of them is the peaceful avenue to political suffrage.

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    So I've yet to see a summary of what went down in yesterday's business session. Anyone care to post a breakdown?
    invocation, pledge, anthem
    Boilerplate speeches by Justice Newby, Congresswoman Ellmers and Ag Commish Troxler
    McCrory commercial on the vid screens. Cue "Won't Get Fooled Again" and about 45 seconds later, Mayor Fratboy comes in and does his thing. Loses points for not bringing his drum kit and ripping through that famous WGFA break. What a shock; they fade out the music before "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss". Note to the young'uns: this song was written before CSI:Miami came on the air.
    Several other candidates were permitted to speak, notable only for very emotional remarks by Steve Royal (the anti-Fed Treasurer candidate who beat establishment hack Frank Roche in primary)
    Candidates in runoffs get acknowledged but not allowed to speak: Hudson, Keadle, Goodwin, Gardner, etc.
    Credentials chair attempts humor, fails. 1268 total delegates. I mention this for a reason.

    Onward to the red meat...

    David Lewis nominated, seconded, gives a nice speech. No hint of a challenge. Wins by acclamation. Also nice to see that he's whipped his stutter.

    The Main Event: Dr. Ada vs. MFF, Round II. Rep. John Torbett nominates Mary Frances Forrester. Speech outlines her impressive party resume, gets a nice laugh by saying "she's a card-carrying member of the NRA, carries a concealed weapon, and drives a Ford Ranger truck. I'm 6'5" 240 and I don't mess with the lady". Then the fun begins: Ada nominates herself, which of course buys her the extra five minutes of floor time. Which she needs, because if there's an ox within a hundred miles of her, it's gonna get gored. "My first day on in Washington I told the chairman (the Michael Steele who does not play bass for the Bangles) 'This party's in debt! You gots ta GO!'" "I will be fair to ALL candidates (a nod to both the Paul crowd and to the primaries mentioned elsewhere in this thread)" "There's only two blacks in the RNC - does North Carolina want to kick one of those two out?" "My daddy was a Baptist preacher but I'm a Jew". Coin flip - MFF speaks. "I raised money". "I recruited candidates". "Jim & I did this and that and the other thing." "This is a volunteer position and I will not ask for my expenses to be paid." Ada returns fire: "I raised $25,000 my first event." "I encourage all candidates to run and I don't pick candidates and I don't support one against another in the primary". "I'm not ashamed of asking for reimbursement".
    Secret ballot. 50 minutes later the numbers start coming in. Ada builds a slow lead, then when Mecklenburg tilts hard to Fisher it's over. Wake determines the final margin: ~650 Fisher, ~430 Mary Frances. Billy congratulates Ada and MFF is the first in the room to stand and applaud. Fisher delivers her victory speech from a floor mic rather than the podium. As has been pointed out, the Dr. is apparently not in the best of health and left the floor in a wheelchair. A third trip up and down the stage steps might have been difficult for her.

    As we're still in shock over Ada's margin of victory, it's almost anti-climactic as Robin Hayes reads the Chairman's Slate of delegates. He starts with the Big Boys: Tillis, Berger, McCrory. For a split second the thought crosses my mind that maybe we've been screwed again, until the two final names are read: "Representative Glen GUNNY FREEDOM Bradley, and Ken Nelson" (please note: I added the "Gunny" part). Billy Miller intones "Are there any delegates wishing to nominate a slate from the floor?" I shift nervously in my seat. Eyes dart around the room. Is anyone gonna go rogue? "Seeing none the Chair declares nominations closed." Gavel. Vote. AYE. Gavel. Gunny and Ken are going to Tampa. Alternates slate goes down the same way, save for a point of information query: each alternate is "teamed" with a delegate, so if delegate #4 cannot perform his duties, he is replaced by alternate #4.
    Jeremy rises for a point of personal privilege. Thanks Robin and the party for negotiating in good faith to give Paul's RNC slots to actual Paul supporters "unlike what happened in 2008". Closes with this delicious drop of gallows humor: "I got a few hundred of my friends here and most of us are under 40".

    Presidential electors next. Four people have asked Ada (who else?!) to nominate them as an alternate to Robin's slate, and she does so. 15 minutes gets wasted as all the names get typed on the laptop that's hooked to the video screens. Someone wisely makes a motion to suspend the rules and vote by Division rather than secret ballot. Motion passes, as does the Chairman's slate of electors, by a ratio of better than 99:1.

    On to Friday's unfinished business (most of the Platform and all of the Resolutions). A pro-midwifery plank had been added to Article I: Family on Friday. A motion is made to add a plank under Article III: Individual Liberty, "encouraging police departments to refuse to cooperate with Federal law enforcement efforts to implement provisions of NDAA". After some procedural wrangling the motion is voted down. More procedural wrangling and a motion to accept the entire Platform without any further amendment or debate passes.

    First resolution, calling for the repeal of Obamacare, passes easily, after an amendment to change all instances of "Obamacare" to "Romneycare" also passes. Just kidding.
    Second resolution: "Revamping Our Nation's Energy Policy". An amendment to strengthen anti-subsidy language passes. An amendment to add a plank to endorse expanded water testing in and around areas used for "fracking" is proposed. A delegate argues that the amendment is not germane to the Resolution, the Chair declares it "broadly germane" and allows debate to continue. Which it does. And does. And does. A half-hour later the vote is finally taken and the amendment loses, establishment mostly opposed, Paul contingent mostly in favor.
    Third resolution: Opposition to Agenda 21. Surprisingly little debate. Passed by a comfortable vote. Big win for Paul nation. The fact that the United Nations is mentioned often in the resolution likely helped get some of the hearing-aid crowd to vote Aye.
    Sensing that we're losing people and it's getting late, the Resolutions Chair jumps ahead to the honorary resolutions, which were originally going to be voted on last. Lee Teague makes a motion that all the honoraries be read and voted on at once, but as a motion has already been made on the Jim Forrester resolution, Lee is ruled out of order. Forrester resolution passes. Teague now moves that the remaining TWO resolutions (Bob Shaw and Sue Myrick) be read and voted on together. Lee's motion and the resolutions pass.
    OK, back to issues-oriented resolutions. But wait. A motion to adjourn. Seconded. Privileged motion, no debate, no amendment. Voice vote is close so the chair calls for Division by teller counting. We're now past the scheduled start of the Perry dinner. Ayes stand. Nays stand. Miller: "May I please have all the delegates who did not vote on the motion to please stand?" WTF? "The motion having 205 votes in the affirmative (i.e. to adjourn), 251 votes in the negative (i.e. to keep going and vote on the remaining resolutions) and 15 delegates not voting, the convention is adjourned for lack of quorum."
    Last edited by musicmax; 06-03-2012 at 08:56 PM.

  20. #19

    Default

    Good writeup of the events, the only thing you left out was when a delegate from the 11th district asked if all the national delegates were allowed to have affairs with Tillis's staff

    http://projects.newsobserver.com/und...iting_adultery

    Oh OK ... not really. He used a moment of personal privilege to ask that Charles Thomas step aside from the RNC slate. Which of course Charlie didn't do.

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MozoVote View Post
    Good writeup of the events, the only thing you left out was when a delegate from the 11th district asked if all the national delegates were allowed to have affairs with Tillis's staff

    http://projects.newsobserver.com/und...iting_adultery

    Yeah and I also left out where Carson Daves tried to ram the platform through so the National Delegates could hold some sort of meeting that wasn't even listed in the program, and someone shot back that "we're here to finish our convention business, not accommodate your social calendar". BOOM!

    Oh OK ... not really. He used a moment of personal privilege to ask that Charles Thomas step aside from the RNC slate. Which of course Charlie didn't do.
    According to the article you posted, Charlie wasn't at the convention. If I were Robin Hayes I would be handling this with Thomas quietly and quickly, since from a political standpoint it undercuts the advantage to be had regarding the tabloid crap going on with the NC leadership of the other party.
    Last edited by musicmax; 06-03-2012 at 08:54 PM.

  22. #21

    Default



    This flyer was put out buy an individual not any PAC. Not anything about this flyer was illegal. The flyers had been vetted by multiple legal teams to make sure that it was okay to give out during the convention.

    My friend deliberately waited until the end of the convention to hand out these flyers because the flyer were information 'purpose only'.

    The thugs that brutally accosted my friend are on this particular flyer plus their GOP high powered attorney.
    Last edited by donnay; 06-04-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  23. #22

    Default

    Better scan please? The Enquirer-style questions are pretty useless unless the fine print contains some backup.

    I saw one of these from a distance and stopped reading after the grammatically-challenged first line.

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musicmax View Post
    Better scan please? The Enquirer-style questions are pretty useless unless the fine print contains some backup.

    I saw one of these from a distance and stopped reading after the grammatically-challenged first line.
    Sorry, I cannot scan it any better since this was sent to me.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  25. #24

    Default

    Was this a physical altercation? Im not clear what actually transpired. The hotel has security cameras all over the place. If your friend was assaulted then she needs to contact the lawyer asap and get those tapes before they disappear. If there wasn't any physical contact and/or was removed by the hotel/convention center itself then I doubt she has any legal recourse.

    Quote Originally Posted by musicmax View Post
    Yeah and I also left out where Carson Daves tried to ram the platform through so the National Delegates could hold some sort of meeting that wasn't even listed in the program, and someone shot back that "we're here to finish our convention business, not accommodate your social calendar". BOOM!
    That makes me warm and fuzzy inside. I can't stand that dude.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-04-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks Fishing Boat Rentals

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Sorry, I don't really understand this flyer. Can you elaborate. Thanks.
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Was this a physical altercation? Im not clear what actually transpired. The hotel has security cameras all over the place. If your friend was assaulted then she needs to contact a lawyer and get those tapes before they disappear. If there wasn't any physical contact and/or was removed by the hotel/convention center itself then I doubt she has any legal recourse.

    As we speak she is giving her deposition to an attorney. She also had witnesses to this event.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  28. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonRules View Post
    Sorry, I don't really understand this flyer. Can you elaborate. Thanks.

    The flyers handed out were to make people aware of the dirty tricks some in the GOP have been pulling. These individuals did not like the fact that she was making people aware of their tricks and threatened to sue her for libel, and physically got right up in her face threatening her. They wouldn't stop until she physically walked away from them and then they followed her and continued to harass her. She has plenty of witnesses that will attest to this as well.

    That is the best I can elaborate on. She has been busy and she will be able to add more in this thread, herself, in the next couple of days.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  29. #28

    Default



    Here is the information transcribed from the flyer:

    Is GOP intruding into local or state and national primaries?
    Are they recruiting and supporting newly switched Democrats and opportunist RINOs to run against conservative incumbents and principled new candidates?
    Are they running Decoy Candidates so as to manipulate elections and place their puppets?
    Is Vice Chairman Wayne King the acting henchman? And for whom?
    [Sen Rucho? Rep Tillis?]


    NCGOP PLAN OF ORGANIZATION
    ARTICLE VII - GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE G. REFRAIN FROM UTILIZING POWERS OF OFFICE IN REPUBLICAN PRIMARY Each Officer and each Member of the State Executive Committee shall refrain from utilizing the powers and dignity of his or her office or position in any Republican Primary for public office at any level.
    Republican National Committee: The Rules of the Republican Party As Adopted by the 2008 Republican National Convention September 1, 2008 *Amended by the Republican National Committee on August 6, 2010. RULE NO. 11 Candidate Support (a) The Republican National Committee shall not, without the prior written and filed approval of all members of the Republican National Committee from 14 of 41 the state involved, contribute money or in-kind aid to any candidate for any public or party office except the nominee of the Republican Party or a candidate who is unopposed in the Republican primary after the filing deadline for that office. In those states where state law establishes a nonpartisan primary in which Republican candidates could participate, but in which the general election may not include a Republican candidate, the candidate endorsed by a convention held under the authority of the state Republican Party shall be recognized by the Republican National Committee as the Republican nominee. (b) No state Republican Party rule or state law shall be observed that allows persons who have participated or are participating in the selection of any nominee of a party other than the Republican Party, including, but not limited to, through the use of a multiparty primary or similar type ballot, to participate in the selection of a nominee of the Republican Party for that general election. No person nominated in violation of this rule shall be recognized by the Republican National Committee as the nominee of the Republican Party from that state.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post


    Here is the information transcribed from the flyer:

    Is GOP intruding into local or state and national primaries?
    Are they recruiting and supporting newly switched Democrats and opportunist RINOs to run against conservative incumbents and principled new candidates?
    Are they running Decoy Candidates so as to manipulate elections and place their puppets?
    Is Vice Chairman Wayne King the acting henchman? And for whom?
    [Sen Rucho? Rep Tillis?]


    NCGOP PLAN OF ORGANIZATION
    ARTICLE VII - GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE G. REFRAIN FROM UTILIZING POWERS OF OFFICE IN REPUBLICAN PRIMARY Each Officer and each Member of the State Executive Committee shall refrain from utilizing the powers and dignity of his or her office or position in any Republican Primary for public office at any level.
    Republican National Committee: The Rules of the Republican Party As Adopted by the 2008 Republican National Convention September 1, 2008 *Amended by the Republican National Committee on August 6, 2010. RULE NO. 11 Candidate Support (a) The Republican National Committee shall not, without the prior written and filed approval of all members of the Republican National Committee from 14 of 41 the state involved, contribute money or in-kind aid to any candidate for any public or party office except the nominee of the Republican Party or a candidate who is unopposed in the Republican primary after the filing deadline for that office. In those states where state law establishes a nonpartisan primary in which Republican candidates could participate, but in which the general election may not include a Republican candidate, the candidate endorsed by a convention held under the authority of the state Republican Party shall be recognized by the Republican National Committee as the Republican nominee. (b) No state Republican Party rule or state law shall be observed that allows persons who have participated or are participating in the selection of any nominee of a party other than the Republican Party, including, but not limited to, through the use of a multiparty primary or similar type ballot, to participate in the selection of a nominee of the Republican Party for that general election. No person nominated in violation of this rule shall be recognized by the Republican National Committee as the nominee of the Republican Party from that state.
    Thanks for the transcription. I hope that if an altercation took place that the Sheraton/Koury security cameras caught it all and that all appropriate legal actions are taken both in a court of law and within the party and/or legislature if individuals in positions of leadership in the latter were involved in intimidation or assault.

    That being said, this flyer is pretty stupid, making baseless accusations, naming names, and not providing any backup. Who put this together and who are the "multiple legal teams" who vetted this? Since you named names on the flyer itself, I'm sure you're for transparency regarding the genesis of the flyer.

  31. #30

    Default

    I found some of these in a bathroom stall. Because the accusers were not identifying themseleves, I doubt the flyers accomplished much beyond head-scratching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. More GOP [Convention] Shenanigans
    By Lucille in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 03:28 PM
  2. Shenanigans in MNGOP Convention!
    By Matt Collins in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 03:28 PM
  3. North Carolina State Convention - after action report
    By GunnyFreedom in forum North Carolina
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 11:31 AM
  4. North Carolina Convention
    By MozoVote in forum North Carolina
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 05:56 AM
  5. Texas Convention Shenanigans
    By wgadget in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 07:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •