Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul campaign statement on Louisiana GOP convention

Ron Paul campaign statement on Louisiana GOP convention

The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign released the following statement concerning the outcome of the Louisiana State Republican Convention. Below please find comments from National Campaign Manager John Tate:

“The Ron Paul campaign condemns the unfortunate activities that took place at the Louisiana Republican State Convention in Shreveport.

“However, we also wish to highlight and applaud the fact that the convention ended on a high note reflective of the cooperation all Republicans wish to see toward the mutual aim of defeating President Obama in the November general election.

“The unnecessary conflict, and positive conclusion as we understand it, transpired as follows.

“LAGOP officials ignored the vast majority of duly elected delegates and attempted to use illegally adopted rules to deny Ron Paul supporters an opportunity to attend the Republican National Convention in Tampa. Louisiana has 46 delegates. Five were pledged to Mitt Romney based on the March 23rd primary result and Rick Santorum received 10, meaning most delegates were contestable at the state convention.

Continue reading: http://exm.nr/LbBfLE

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

At least they were talking about how are delegates were being cheated. Thats a step in the right direction for the campaign

A lot of unity talk to 'defeat Obama'.
    “The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure.”
    - Albert Einstein
    "I strongly support Ron Paul. We very badly need to have more Representatives who understand in a principled way the importance of property rights and religious freedom."
    - Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by jcarcinogen View Post
    A lot of unity talk to 'defeat Obama'.
    Now lets see if Drudge paste this news release to his main page and he considers the issue newsworthy.

Sounds like the entire campaign sold out to the establishment/Romney.
    RON PAUL 2012

LIBERTY FOR LIFE

I was hoping for something stronger but I suppose that will have to do

I was terribly upset after watching the video of what happened to that poor man, it will take a long time to fade from my memory. I hope someone is held to account for what happened to him today.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
    Sounds like the entire campaign sold out to the establishment/Romney.
    It doesn't sound to me 'sold out' at all but I think the goal of the campaign is to prevent these things from happening over and over. Dr. Paul may want to win, I don't know, but he doesn't want a whole lot of 'trouble.'

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    That's it?
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelClark View Post
    Continue reading: http://exm.nr/LbBfLE
    RVO˩UTION

“In another instance, State Central Committeeman and Ron Paul supporter Henry Herford Jr. of Franklin Parrish was attacked by some security officials who didn’t realize that the body had voted out the previous chairman. Mr. Herford has a prosthetic hip and according to a doctor at the scene it appears as though the prosthetic was dislocated and may require replacement. The injury occurred as he was beginning to call to order the newly re-formed convention.

“In yet another instance, Ron Paul supporter Alex Helwig, Chairman of the Rules Committee who made the motion to remove the chair, was arrested by Shreveport police and released. During his brief detainment, some of his fingers were broken and when he returned to the event he was walking with aid of a cane.
    I didn't hear they broke another guys fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Quote Originally Posted by romancito View Post
    It doesn't sound to me 'sold out' at all but I think the goal of the campaign is to prevent these things from happening over and over. Dr. Paul may want to win, I don't know, but he doesn't want a whole lot of 'trouble.'
    “However, we also wish to highlight and applaud the fact that the convention ended on a high note reflective of the cooperation all Republicans wish to see toward the mutual aim of defeating President Obama in the November general election."
    Give me a break. This sounds exactly like something Santorum or Gingrich's campaigns would put out.
    RON PAUL 2012

LIBERTY FOR LIFE

“Republicans of goodwill agree that following the spirited primary season, the general election presents us with an opportunity to defeat Obama and place the nation on a path to recovery."

Spirited?
    "We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by evilfunnystuff View Post
    I didn't hear they broke another guys fingers.
    Yeah, in my opinion the section of the story you quoted ought to be the lead, and NOT buried 2/3 of the way to the bottom. To repeat, in case anyone missed it:

“In another instance, State Central Committeeman and Ron Paul supporter Henry Herford Jr. of Franklin Parrish was attacked by some security officials who didn’t realize that the body had voted out the previous chairman. Mr. Herford has a prosthetic hip and according to a doctor at the scene it appears as though the prosthetic was dislocated and may require replacement. The injury occurred as he was beginning to call to order the newly re-formed convention.

“In yet another instance, Ron Paul supporter Alex Helwig, Chairman of the Rules Committee who made the motion to remove the chair, was arrested by Shreveport police and released. During his brief detainment, some of his fingers were broken and when he returned to the event he was walking with aid of a cane.
    Jeez!!! WTF??

I would like to send flowers, or pitch in, if anyone has the info on the whereabouts of the poor man (Henry Herford, Jr.) whose hip was dislocated. I wish I would have had the foresight to reduce my last moneybomb donation for pizza and flowers.
    "We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by No1butPaul View Post
    I would like to send flowers, or pitch in, if anyone has the info on the whereabouts of the poor man (Henry Herford, Jr.) whose hip was dislocated. I wish I would have had the foresight to reduce my last moneybomb donation for pizza and flowers.
    Maybe he needs help with the medical bills? I'd chip in for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Maybe he needs help with the medical bills? I'd chip in for that.
    The responsible person(s) are going to be paying for that!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man this is like in other countries where the kill political dissidents or put them under house arrest...they keep amping it up soon it will be us that's being hunted down and executed for our belief in liberty and freedom. All people have to do is watch the video and realize we are not allowed to change things without violence and when we do we are beaten and arrested and harmed.

“However, we also wish to highlight and applaud the fact that the convention ended on a high note reflective of the cooperation all Republicans wish to see toward the mutual aim of defeating President Obama in the November general election."

What kind of bull$#@! is this?

The responsible person(s) are going to be paying for that!
    Maybe after 5 or 6 years in court by then the guy could lose everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post

They must have made a deal with the devil.

I don't mean to be a conspiracy theorist here but is anyone getting the feeling that the people running RP campaign aren't exactly FOR RP? They seem to be Santorum or Gingrich folks by the way some of them say things etc....something ain't right with all this.

it may be hard for me to explain. but this is "us" using their language to back our ron paul majority slate, that also includes some prominent louisiana republicans and romney's delegates.
    the other slate put out by the rump convention held by the minority had a slate of party hacks.
    we, thus, can say we have the unity slate the brings us all together. and at the same time gives us a majority for that important nomination motion.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

It means the Romney people agreed to support Ron Paul to defeat Obama. After all WE WON the state.

Is the statement on RonPaul2012 yet. I don't see it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

do you remember the Doug Wead article where he said there was a division in the romney camp?
    Last edited by torchbearer; 06-02-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Is the statement on RonPaul2012 yet. I don't see it.
    this one?
    http://www.examiner.com/article/ron-...gop-convention

Maybe after 5 or 6 years in court by then the guy could lose everything.
    Being this was captured on video, probably a quick settlement. Maybe not though, and its a great thought on your part. (+)

Maybe anyone that knows him personally can clue us in to whether he needs assistance of that sort, of if we could at least send flowers.

Being this was captured on video, probably a quick settlement. Maybe not though, and its a great thought on your part. (+)

Maybe anyone that knows him personally can clue us in to whether he needs assistance of that sort, of if we could at least send flowers.
    yup yup +rep

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Looking for a ronpaul2012.com link. Some people dont see the examiner as credible.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    do you remember the Doug Wead article where he said their was a division in the romney camp?
    So, maybe I shouldn't be posting in various comment sections to the effect, there's not a snowball's chance in hell RP supporters are going to support Romney?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast