Thread: gold 80 $ up!

gold 80 $ up!

Well, since almost every pm (bull) analyst and investor have been calling bottoms for gold and silver for the past 6 months only to see both metal dip further down, i will step in and shout one last time (i hope), the bottom IS IN!

It must be because i bought today!

good luck to every bottom fisher, may your fishes...err riches be humongous!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think margins will be raised again, SOON. Paper smash.

With that being said, physical buyers will more than make up for paper selling.

1 ounce of physical silver influences the spot price the way roughly 50 ounces of leveraged paper does.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 06-01-2012 at 02:55 PM.

I hope so. I tied up a bunch of money in SLV back when it was $33. I'd love to get that money out.

If SLV hits 35-40$, sell and buy physical. You won't regret that, I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I hope so. I tied up a bunch of money in SLV back when it was $33. I'd love to get that money out.

Arklatex

Can anyone remember a day such as this?

General Markets down over 2% - yet Gold and Gold Equities thru the roof.

What was the word for this... "decoupling"

I'd say it happened today!

I hope the crooks computer program is busted myself ...
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

Markets are funny.

Better buy now before it breaks $2,000, $2,500, $3,500, $5,000...
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    Can anyone remember a day such as this?

General Markets down over 2% - yet Gold and Gold Equities thru the roof.

What was the word for this... "decoupling"

I'd say it happened today!
    We had weeks and weeks of that in 2008, gold was the same but the markets were down 3-8%. No doubt those days will return shortly.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If any of you read ZeroHedge you'll remember the deer....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/deer-back

It seems high-yield credit was on to something as we noted last night (here and here). Today's matrix-like collapse in equity perceptions of decoupling and central bank largesse sets up for more of the same as we suspect the ECB will hold off from acting until post-Greek-election to ensure the M.A.D. 'game' remains in place and with rates where they are, Bernanke will have to come up with some magical wording for his next QE raison d'etre. Today's 2.5% drop in the S&P 500 back below its 200DMA, its largest single-day drop in seven months, and the accompanying flood into safe-havens has left Gold and Treasury Bonds now outperforming Stocks for the year (with the Dow red YTD). S&P 500 e-mini futures volume was it highest of the year as we sit at the edge of the waterfall level from last July/August's plunge. Gold's 4% gain is the biggest day since January 2009. Treasury yields plunged to new all-time record lows with 30Y showing a 2.50% handle and 10Y a 1.43% handle. All the high-beta hope names were crushed with financials down 3.7% - their largest fall in 7 months (with the majors even more). VIX jumped 2.6 vols to close above 26.5% at 7 month highs. What is perhaps most disconcerting is the total lack of bounce into the close now two days-in-a-row - deer, meet headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Markets are funny.

You think the people buying gold are the sheep? When I tell others I am buying gold, 90% of them think I am crazy. I like to go where the sheep aren't.

Good to have a thread like this because any time gold goes down we definitely HEAR ABOUT IT.

GOLD UP NEARLY 4% TODAY
    I want more freedom and I cannot lie. No other brothers can deny. When the Fed marches in with a itty-bitty rate and the IRS takes your cake, it's no FUN!

Arklatex

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    We had weeks and weeks of that in 2008, gold was the same but the markets were down 3-8%. No doubt those days will return shortly.
    No man, I remember gold and gold equities dropping hand in hand with the market in 08-09.

Coming out of it Gold led the way.

Mysterious silence while gold is down or flat.

Suddenly, bumped ancient threads and new threads when gold is up.

"You think the people buying gold are the sheep? When I tell others I am buying gold, 90% of them think I am crazy. I like to go where the sheep aren't. "

Hehe so true. On my faculty i talked to at least 150 students, and probably 20-30 professors during my time there and i didn't find any student or professor that have, or is buying gold and silver. They all thought i was crazy for buying the metals. My mentor for my exam paper (fundamental analysis of the gold market) told me my paper was one of the best he ever read then 10 min later he asks me, - i still don't see the catalyst what would make me exchange my euros savings into gold. My jaw just dropped 5 feet down and i was simply speechless, considering the fact that i had exponential debt graphs for every damn western country in my paper.

What ever, since then, euro is down 10 % agaisnt USD and gold in euro is breaking out. When that professors, and he is a Ph.D, figures out why he should exchanging his euros to gold, then i will be selling my gold.
    Last edited by Guzabuza; 06-02-2012 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Markets are funny.

He is probably alluding to the people that are not buying gold, that is my take. Maybe i am interpreting hes sarcasm wrong and he is making fun of us ?

If it goes up another 18% ($280 an ounce higher) it could match its high from August 2011 of $1900.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think two things happened the other day. The first is that poor news about the economy came out in the unemployment numbers, which tends to drive PM prices up (3 out of 5 times at least). The second, is that I suspect a big metal buyer decided it was a good time to buy some more physical metal. China has been doing this for years everytime the market price is low.
    Turning the GOP into a party of liberty will not be a quick race, it will be a marathon.

To the OP -

What did you buy exactly? GLD ETF? Mining stocks? Details please...

I'm curious as to what others are buying because I've been researching and there are a ton of choices. I'm looking at a mix of gold & silver plus mining stocks.

Silver futures, physical silver, and goldmoney silver.

I have given up on mining stocks since i have no trust in stocks anymore, but First Majestic and Silver Wheaton were my holdings for the past 4 years. Good companies.

Gold soonish to be down 80$ !!!!

Such a obvious take down this was. The $#@!ers have become so obvious that even retail investors are able to spot the take downs in advance. The sad thing is that the US SEC, CFTC are all payed and bought for by the big boys. Same people in Europe also. SIgh....

Oh well... the game continues....

I love these threads.

Like clockwork...
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Always buy physical.
    I am the spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wohoo! Gold down $32. Wait- should that be celebrated or not? Depends. Are you buying or selling today? Or holding? ($1587 today- was $1620 just a few days ago when the thread began). Like everything, it goes in both directions- up and down.

If it is up- Genius! If it is down- Market Manipulation! If you are in it long term you don't care what it did this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If it goes up another 18% ($280 an ounce higher) it could match its high from August 2011 of $1900.
    In August 2011, the USDX was 75. Today, it's 82+. The last time it was 82+ was in 2010 and gold was $1250, so gold is rising significantly against the USD.

Watch gold go up when the dollar hits 75 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Wohoo! Gold down $32. Wait- should that be celebrated or not? Depends. Are you buying or selling today? Or holding? ($1587 today- was $1620 just a few days ago when the thread began). Like everything, it goes in both directions- up and down.

If it is up- Genius! If it is down- Market Manipulation! If you are in it long term you don't care what it did this week.
    My feeling with all precious metals is you really can't watch it week to week but more like year to year...

As long as the world works on funny money I believe that gold will win out over 10-20-30 years that any stock will.

I mean... 41 years ago it was 35$ an ounce....

Even if you had bought into the panic of 1980-81 and bought all the gold you could right then and there at 850$ an ounce, and hated yourself for years because it went straight down as time went on (and by 2000 it was only 250$ an ounce) even if you had felt like you had ruined yourself for all that time... well look what happened...

I know 30 years is an incredible time to wait but in the end that poor man ended up DOUBLING his investment in August 2011 and that's a scenario where he bought at the worst time in history. The people who bought in when it was at 250$ have cleaned up.

As the world market crumbles further, which we all know that it will, precious metals will only go up... first, because they always do when the market tanks because the FREE MARKET trusts it stores its wealth physically better than anything else AND because as the dollar is devalued further to prop up the whole toxic system gold will continue to rise from the rapid amount of inflation alone.

Also, if the entire economy falls apart and we are back to square 1, gold will most definitely be one of the best chips on the barter market.
    If the government takes over the economy completely- eliminating money all together, only debit cards, tracking everything- then gold will still hold value in the underground economy that is destined to spring up from a fascist system like that.

1) Guns - Ammo
    2) Gold
    3) Garden

The 3 G's are your best investments imo.

And if i'm wrong, and somehow the system is saved the way THEY want to save it, gold will have found a new home in computer technologies anyway and as we enter into a world that is totally globalized, and computerized, then gold will only be in more demand. And my personal opinion is that as time goes on we will find only more and more uses for it technologically...

Finally, if the system is saved the way WE want it saved eventually the United States would allow free coinage and/or back it's dollar in gold. Meaning anyone with gold would make a fortune one way or another.

It's literally the best investment on every level. But you must buy it and hoard it.
    Last edited by NoOneButPaul; 06-07-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by Bossobass View Post
    In August 2011, the USDX was 75. Today, it's 82+. The last time it was 82+ was in 2010 and gold was $1250, so gold is rising significantly against the USD.

Watch gold go up when the dollar hits 75 again.
    And silver was under $20 back in 2010.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

the lower the better! When the sheepels experience their first bank holiday then all losses in gold will be reversed in mater of hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Guzabuza View Post
    Silver futures, physical silver, and goldmoney silver.

I have given up on mining stocks since i have no trust in stocks anymore, but First Majestic and Silver Wheaton were my holdings for the past 4 years. Good companies.
    Where do I buy said items? I've got a brokerage account with Scottrade if that provides any guidance. I'm really only familiar with buying stocks and funding my IRA