Thread: Minnesota Ron Paul Chair Marianne Stebbins Interview (audio)

Minnesota Ron Paul Chair Marianne Stebbins Interview (audio)

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The woman is a Pro! Glad to have her running the MN delegation in Tampa, I have no worries.

Doesn't she post here?

Edit----
    Yeah, she does post here. I thought her name seemed familiar.

Scribbler de Stebbing

-----------

It sucks they made her agree to vote for Romney in November. That is one agreement I couldn't of made.
    Last edited by RickyJ; 05-30-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post

It sucks they made her agree to vote for Romney in November. That is one agreement I couldn't of made.
    What?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

RPF is takin' over the world....
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What?

STEVE HENSLEY: We now know that Ron Paul will no longer be campaigning in new states. Most Pundits and Analysts say [Ron Paul] really has no chance getting the nomination in Tampa Bay. Do you agree with that...do you feel that there is a chance that the Congressman could still win the nomination?

MARIANNE STEBBINS: Well, it does seem pretty unlikely and we understand that... You never throw in the towel on Liberty. So even if the odds of Ron Paul getting the nomination are very slim, there's still much more to be done. So having as many delegates as possible go to Tampa, Florida to say: "Look, there is a significant portion of the Republican party who believes we actually need to be cutting government, and maybe closing some of these bureaucratic departments that are doing harm and not good, and to actually be repealing regulations and making government smaller." So we want to take every delegate possible to Tampa, so that we are well represented in the National Republican Party.

HENSLEY: And if Dr. Paul is not the nominee...it's looking like it's gonna be Mitt Romney...will you as a Ron Paul Supporter be able to vote for him in November, and to campaign for him?

STEBBINS: Well, I probably won't campaign for him. I will campaign for candidates who believe in smaller government. Now I did, in running for national delegate, I did sign The Pledge that I would vote for him (Romney) in November. And I had to make a deal with myself...that if I was able to go to Tampa, Florida to vote for Ron Paul THERE, that I would...that I would do that. But, y'know, there are so many races...Minnesoata is not one that's likely to be won by Romney anyway. So we are even BETTER OFF putting our efforts into local House races, and into City Council races, and County Commissioner races and the U.S. Senate race. We're much better off putting our efforts into these local races ANYWAYS, so I and other Ron Paul People will be putting their efforts into other campaigns that we CAN win, and who have candidates who actually stand for Liberty.

HENSLEY: I understand that you probably won't necessarily CAMPAIGN for Governor Romney. Do you feel it would be important for Ron Paul Supporters to at least VOTE for him?

STEBBINS: That's their individual decision. Honestly, I think the Movement of Liberty is more important, and so they have to do what they feel is the most principled decision. And again, I think again that's their personal decision. But y'know, it's not just about the Presidency. It's about all these other races, and I know that most of them have found a candidate that they're putting a LOT of effort into. So, they're doing many good things here in the Republican Party...I'm just not sure how much they're gonna help Romney.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 05-31-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post

STEBBINS: Well, I probably won't campaign for him. I will campaign for candidates who believe in smaller government. Now I did, in running for national delegate, I did sign The Pledge that I would vote for him (Romney) in November. And I had to make a deal with myself...that if I was able to go to Tampa, Florida to vote for Ron Paul THERE, that I would...that I would do that. But, y'know, there are so many races...Minnesoata is not one that's likely to be won by Romney anyway. So we are even BETTER OFF putting our efforts into local House races, and into City Council races, and County Commissioner races and the U.S. Senate race. We're much better off putting our efforts into these local races ANYWAYS, so I and other Ron Paul People will be putting their efforts into other campaigns that we CAN win, and who have candidates who actually stand for Liberty.

I and some others have been labeled everything from SHILL to SELLOUT for suggesting that a vote for Gary Johnson is more PRODUCTIVE than not voting or writing in Ron Paul where write-ins are not counted (IF IF IF Ron Paul does not prevail in Tampa).

Nary a word, however, about THIS kind of deal-making.

I believe I am morally obliged to ask this question, because I believe I am duty-bound to LEAN TO and HEAVE HO on altering-not-staying America's course: Is Marianne Stebbins NOT selling out, or is she selling out for a good price/worthy cause...or is it NOT selling out so long as compromises tow the 'R' line?
    Last edited by cheapseats; 05-31-2012 at 01:22 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This thread and THIS thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...onvention-quot

are directly and importantly related.

Nary a word, however, about THIS kind of deal-making.

I believe I am morally obliged to ask this question, because I believe I am duty-bound to LEAN TO and HEAVE HO on altering-not-staying America's course: Is Marianne Stebbins NOT selling out, or is she selling out for a good price/worthy cause...or is it NOT selling out so long as compromises tow the 'R' line?
    What is the problem? She pledged to vote for the Republican nominee if she was a representative of the GOP at the convention. No, its not selling it. I'd take 1 of her over 100 of your ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    What is the problem? She pledged to vote for the Republican nominee if she was a representative of the GOP at the convention.

It surely does not square with NO ONE BUT PAUL.

No, its not selling it.
    To be clear, you are saying that I WILL VOTE FOR ROMNEY IN NOVEMBER IF I CAN VOTE FOR PAUL IN AUGUST does not constitute deal-making? (PRICE is implicit in deal-making, "just" not the denominations and amounts.)

I'd take 1 of her over 100 of your ilk.
    There are people of whose type I'd take 100 rather than taking YOU, what's yer point?

There is no way to enforce that "pledge" because of the sanctity of the ballot.

That being said, I have met a lot of people in the liberty movement over the last 5 years, and I can honestly say none are more dedicated or harder working than Marianne. I worked side-by-side with her for MONTHS on end in Minnesota to achieve our victory there. All day, every day, at all hours of the day, toiling away at our computers in order to get the job done. She has made great sacrifices and was more focused on the goal than anyone I've ever met. In fact, I dare say, she was obsessed with victory for the cause of liberty
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 05-31-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

To be clear, you are saying that I WILL VOTE FOR ROMNEY IN NOVEMBER IF I CAN VOTE FOR PAUL IN AUGUST does not constitute deal-making? (PRICE is implicit in deal-making, "just" not the denominations and amounts.)
    What she is saying is she'll vote for Romney if he is the nominee, seems pretty obvious. I have no problem with somebody that wants to be a representative of the GOP saying they will vote for the nominee of the party.

There are people of whose type I'd take 100 rather than taking YOU, what's yer point?
    To be fair, I'd take 1 of her over 100 of me too when it comes to helping bring the GOP to the cause of liberty.