Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Ron Paul quote EVER? [inspirational thread]

Best Ron Paul quote EVER? [inspirational thread]

Can anyone top this one?

"Ours is not a fated existence, for nowhere is our destiny etched in stone. In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves. If the people want to be free, if they want to lift themselves out from underneath a state apparatus that threatens their liberties, squanders their resources on needless wars, destroys the value of their dollar, and spews forth endless propaganda about how indispensable it is and how lost we would be without it, there is no force that can stop them. If freedom is what we want, it is ours for the taking." -- Ron Paul (The Revolution: A Manifesto, p. 167)

Submit your nominations below (& please cite the souce, if possible) ...

(NOTE: "Truth is treason in the empire of lies." is automatically disqualified. It is just TOO pithy & profound. It wouldn't be fair to the competition to include it!)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said we did nothing."
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    "Let it not be said we did nothing."
    That is the first one that came to my mind.
    Have that quote on the back of one of my RP shirts.

Just hearing him say it chokes me up.

May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in a moment of great crisis, stood up to the politicians, the opinion-molders, and the establishment, and saved their country. -- Ron Paul
    NEBRASKA FOR RON PAUL

“Was it not once considered patriotic to stand up to our government when it is wrong?"
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

"“Ideas are very important to the shaping of society. In fact, they are more powerful than bombings or armies or guns. And this is because ideas are capable of spreading without limit. They are behind all the choices we make. They can transform the world in a way that governments and armies cannot. Fighting for liberty with ideas makes more sense to me than fighting with guns or politics or political power. With ideas, we can make real change that lasts.” -Ron Paul
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

Don't steal - the government hates competition!
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

"The sad thing is, our foreign policy WILL change eventually, as Rome's did, when all budgetary and monetary tricks to fund it are exhausted."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_dub View Post
    Don't steal - the government hates competition!
    I don't think that one actually originated with Ron, but +rep anyway!

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I don't think that one actually originated with Ron, but +rep anyway!

We've all seen it, but I got it tonight from a Ron Paul quotes page and it's attributed to 'End The Fed'.

here's the link....there's some good stuff there.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/395622.Ron_Paul
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

......jay_dub

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”

We've all seen it, but I got it tonight from a Ron Paul quotes page and it's attributed to 'End The Fed'.

here's the link....there's some good stuff there.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/395622.Ron_Paul
    Interesting! I have that bumper sticker, and a few others in the same vein (my favorite: "U.S. Government Philosophy: If It Ain't Broke, Fix It Till It Is!").

I always assumed they were of "generic" authorship - sort of like greeting cards. Maybe they got DS:TGHC from Ron - or maybe he got it from them ...

-- The Law (p. 54)
      -- Government (p. 99)

"Well, it's like, if we just followed the Constitution, we wouldn't be in this mess haha..."

- Ron Paul

Fox News debate.
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Drex View Post
    May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in a moment of great crisis, stood up to the politicians, the opinion-molders, and the establishment, and saved their country. -- Ron Paul
    This was the 1st one that came to mind for me.

I'd have to think about it...
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Interesting! I have that bumper sticker, and a few others in the same vein (my favorite: "U.S. Government Philosophy: If It Ain't Broke, Fix It Till It Is!").

I always assumed they were of "generic" authorship - sort of like greeting cards. Maybe they got DS:TGHC from Ron - or maybe he got it from them ...
    One of my favorite government type sayings is "A camel is a horse designed by committee".

Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post
    "Well, it's like, if we just followed the Constitution, we wouldn't be in this mess haha..."

- Ron Paul

Fox News debate.
    From the debates, one of my favorites is, "because he's a fake!"

.....Edmund Burke

......jay_dub

One of my favorite government type sayings is "A camel is a horse designed by committee".

From the debates, one of my favorites is, "because he's a fake!"
    mine, from the debates, is "I had two kids, and I went!" To Newt "Chickenhawk" Gingrich.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    mine, from the debates, is "I had two kids, and I went!" To Newt "Chickenhawk" Gingrich.
    One of Ron's best truth bombs ever.^^

.....Edmund Burke

......jay_dub

Quote Originally Posted by thatpeculiarcat View Post
    That is the first one that came to my mind.
    Have that quote on the back of one of my RP shirts.

Just hearing him say it chokes me up.
    A Thomas Jefferson speech.

"Ha ha ha"- Ron Paul
    During the infamous Rick Perry debate as he couldn't remember which agencies he wanted to eliminate....looking for somebody to bail him out. Fox moderators were trying to help him. You can actually hear Ron Paul trying not to laugh...but that laugh is unmistakeable. Play the video with your eyes closed and you can hear it. Ron Paul is always a gentleman but sometimes you just can't help but laugh. It's the same laugh he gets when talking about the fed. Priceless.

Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

My sig.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

"I take my marching orders from the Constitution."

"I'm running on the things, I don't want to do.

I don't want to run your life, I don't know how to run your life, I don't have the authority to run your life,
    and the Constitution doesn't permit me to run your life!"

"I run for the presidency because I don’t want to run anybody’s life.

I don’t want to run the economy, because I don’t know how to run the economy — nobody does. Anybody who claims they can are lying to themselves or
    are deliberately lying to the people."

"I don't want to run the world, I don't know how to run the world, the Constitution doesn't give me the authority to run the world. We ought to mind our own business is what we ought to do!"

"I want to be president for the things I don’t want to do. It takes a bit of wisdom in the sense that you know you
    can’t do certain things. I think it’s more important that you know what you can’t do than bragging about doing things you’re not supposed to do."

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Grey View Post
    "I want to be president for the things I don’t want to do. It takes a bit of wisdom in the sense that you know you
    can’t do certain things. I think it’s more important that you know what you can’t do than bragging about doing things you’re not supposed to do."
    That is damn good.

"What happens if my concerns are completely unfounded? Nothing. But what happens if my concerns are justified and ignored? Nothing good."

Probably not the best quote, but it gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    sig.
    “War is not real to us, but only too real to those that are needlessly killed.
    Violence, when not in one’s own self-defense, can never be justified, no matter how noble the explanation.” -Ron Paul

bump for moar quotes...

"But do we know what it means? Can we recognize it when we see it? More importantly, can we recognize the opposite of liberty when it is sold to us as a form of freedom?"

Intro. Liberty Defined

EDIT: Spelling

A lot of good quotes in here.
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means.

"I don't think we should go to the moon. I think we maybe should send some politicians up there at times."
    CNN Debate 1/2?/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZZlbRufI6w

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast