Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my ron paul bumper stickers keep getting stolen!

have a friend sit in your house watching from a window as you go walking at the same time of day and day of the week. have your friend take a picture of them,then take the person to court after calling cops for possible "car theft".

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    cover it with syphilis.
    Where do you get some of that?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmtoth123 View Post
    ...Is there anything that I can do to prevent this from happening? Is there a paint safe acidic substance or something that will hurt the person who steals it?

Thanks
    Booby traps could get you in trouble. However, my great uncle Buford (of the east Texas Piney woods) once set a dynamite booby-trap on the door to his moonshine shed. The thief that had been stealing his shine was blown up a few days later. In my uncles case the local sheriff knew that my uncle Buford was a good 'ol boy and that the theif got what was comin' to him. No charges filed. BUT, that was 80 years ago. You might have trouble explaining your exploits today.

TMike
    Last edited by TruckinMike; 05-26-2012 at 05:11 AM.
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post
    Booby traps could get you in trouble. However, my great uncle Buford (of the east Texas Piney woods) once set a dynamite booby-trap on the door to his moonshine shed. The thief that had been stealing his shine was blown up a few days later. In my uncles case the local sheriff knew that my uncle Buford was a good 'ol boy and that the theif got what was comin' to him. No charges filed. BUT, that was 80 years ago. You might have trouble explaining your exploits today.

TMike

im already on my third large car magnet...
    theyre so easy to steal that people just take it right off the car,

doesnt phase me though, every time one gets stolen thats another 30 bucks to the campaign for a new one! win-win
    No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. -Samuel Adams

I still like the smear dog crap on them method.
    "Without Love In The Dream It'll Never Come True" Jerry Garcia

Try somethin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Quote Originally Posted by Thanehand View Post
    Not surprising... during the 2007/8 campaign I had car magnets and stickers stolen as well as a handful of signs. I saw others (ones that couldn't be stolen as easily) that had been spray painted over. It was pathetic.
    It really is. It's virtually the lowest common denominator action one could take towards another political opponent. I for one saw several Frothy signs around primary time in my state and though the thought crossed my mind I recalled the quote "do onto others as you would like done onto you" and so I let their first amendment be. Now, for someone to rip off an actual bumper sticker...really, just devolve back into the swap from whence you came.

Quote Originally Posted by tmtoth123 View Post
    Two weeks ago my "Ron Paul 2012" bumper sticker was stolen, and last weekend I put another one on. But I noticed today after I took a walk that it had been stolen again!

Is there anything that I can do to prevent this from happening? Is there a paint safe acidic substance or something that will hurt the person who steals it?

Thanks
    I know how you feel, they stole some of mine in 2008, so I said screw them and bought a 20pack of bumper stickers.
    Eventually they got tired of stealing them...

PM me your mailing address and I will send you a free white 2008 hope for America bumper sticker if you need a new one.
    I got about a dozen left still from 2008, they look like this:

If you want me to trim off that "2008" in really small letters on the bottom, just let me know, I have some without it
    Last edited by LibertyRevolution; 05-26-2012 at 01:31 PM.

When I get another bumper sticker I think I will rub it with crisco and then put pepper spray on it. I'll have to make sure that it doesn't wear off since my car sits outside and is exposed the elements but I think it will be worth it!

Thanks for the ideas and support everyone.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Crisco best idea, but the attacker might just escalate to keying, etc. Consider camera.

Ask Bruce Willis to watch the car 4U, or use that (fake) protective stuff his assassin character sprayed on the rear plate (on a two-tone, white-washed van that he drive in that movie). !kidding! Bruce also had a HUGE remote gun in the back, but that would be OVERKILL and make a loud noise. Consider digging a mote around it instead...
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 05-26-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Could be worse. Back in 2008 my old car was spit on and eventually keyed. :/
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shays View Post
    I still like the smear dog crap on them method.
    Same here. But a thin layer, so it's not really visible.

I was keyed for my RON PAUL Revolution 2012 window decal. I covered it up with a large RP door magnet.

Back in the day, some milk trucks had model T coils rigged up, so the farm dogs would get a shock when they peed on the wheels. When I was a young kid my, brother had it on his international pickup truck. It had a wire that hung down to the ground, for some reason the switch was inside the cab, so you didn't want to forget about it being on when you got out. I was sitting in the cab one day and my brother's friend happened to be leaning against the truck, I couldn't resist I flipped the switch on. He let out a heck of a yelp. then I lock the doors till he cooled down. I recommend putting the switch hidden discreetly on the outside. A trail camera with night vision would be a good way to capture an image, some are camouflaged. Mount it high in a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    ...model T coils rigged up...
    Have to jump up on the truck! Pavlov would quickly teach you, if you forgot.

Ah yes,

I built one for my bike in the 5th/6th grade (~1964). Carried a sprinkling can full of water to spread around bike to make the shock more effective. It was possible to just hang on after some "practice". The arming "key" was a 1/4 in phone plug wrapped in friction tape that was inserted in a "shorting" contact jack to turn it "Off". Aluminum foil covered plastic handle bar grips. It ran on a spring top 6v lantern battery. Insulation placed under kick stand and short metal "toilet" chain from the spark coil to ground completed the HV circuit. Rode it to school, shocked my teacher for the demo. I remember it like it was yesterday. (I still have that 1/4" key... in case I ever encounter one of these evil contraptions!)

Today it would use PIR sensors and a taser as the power source and the lawsuit(s) would sting even more.
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 05-27-2012 at 01:13 AM.

The ink stuff wont work. When they get it on their hands they'll rub it all over everything.

Don't kill them, but have fun!!!

You could hook a electric fence'er up to it. Them touching the car would complete the ground and give them a tickle.

All right. Which one of you guys was I behind today?

I was in the San Francisco Bay Area and the truck had IOWA plates.

It had two Ron Paul 2012 on the back. I saw another on the drivers side. I'm assuming there was another near the passenger side.

It had about fifteen others.

One in the middle had a picture of Obama and said does this ass make my truck look big.

Another was a squirrel that said, "Protect your nuts!"

Oh Man! I just remembered I had my camera.

One was if you don't know your rights you don't have any. ???

One went something like;

I'll keep my Freedom. I'll keep my Guns. (And I'll keep a couple of other things.) And you keep the Change.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If anyone that got their sticker stolen wants another. I have about 200 or 300 of them. I'd be willing to send one for free.

My little sister was having dinner in a restaurant out of town one night, and when she came back out to her car, the Ron Paul sticker on her back windshield had been crumpled up and stuck onto the drivers' side door knob. Whoever did it very obviously WANTED her to see it. I can't even express how pissed I was when she told me...that someone would vandalize her car like that, and want to flaunt it so brazenly.

But, ever the defiant teenage rebel, she uncrumpled the sticker and mounted it back on its original spot of glory.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    I never heard of anyone stealing a bumper sticker before. I highly doubt Ron Paul people did it. It must of been Romney or Obama supporters. They must really fear Ron Paul to go to all the effort to steal bumper stickers. Yes, we are Winning! We just got to keep it up!
    I think they are Romney or Obama supports who are closet Ron Paul supporters who really want a sticker, but can't purchase it in the open, so they resort to ripping it of a car.

Yes, we are winning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12