Thread: Internet push for Civil Liberties = Ron Paul = Rule of Law before Texas and SD Primaries

Internet push for Civil Liberties = Ron Paul = Rule of Law before Texas and SD Primaries

Ron's biggest vote shares to date have happened where there are open primaries. Civil liberties is a concern that cuts straight across the parties. Of the Ron Paul supporters who have come from independents and demcrats, NDAA and the Patriot Act and FISA are HUGE reasons why they were furious with Obama enough to look into Ron. Even those who WANT to vote for Obama against Romney want these issues in the public conversation. They have a way to push the profile of these issues by getting Ron more delegates in Texas, an open primary state.

Remember the Santa voters in MI etc who were really Obama voters? They voted just to sink Romney. An internet campaign to push civil liberties is a far more worthy goal, and Ron Paul is Ron Paul. This WILL be in his speech and platform fight in Tampa, in front of international media.

We have to have a succinct statement saying why Texas is important -- if Ron gets 25% he gets delegates, and even under the ludicrous AP delegate count Romney doesn't get the nomination yet. Any major strength strengthens Ron's hand to push for these issues going into Tampa. Romney is the banker candidate (as is Obama), sure he likes NDAA but it likely isn't as core to his platform as raping our monetary system, so we might get somewhere concrete.

How can we best get this idea out between now and the Texas primary? I can write a diary at Firedoglake, as one example, since I have an account there from the last Fed Audit push. Robin K would be a great guy to push the idea as well, if he would.

We have this video which if we could get it just to not have the money bomb (it could still say Rise for Liberty, Vote Ron Paul nothing wrong with that) and instead have a picture of Ron speaking out against NDAA (the caption could just say that, or some words from his latest Texas straight talk about the 2013 NDAA could scroll) that would be great to pass around.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-25-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If we had a good landing page we could do a chip in for Facebook ads and target Texans who like the ACLU etc. Especially since Ron has a higher ACLU rating than Obama (and obviously Romney).

That video, with some added GOTV stuff could be part of it, or could just make a RPF thread with it embedded and use that.

we'd need the video modified to take out money bomb and put in vote for Ron paul. we could put the primary date in the facebook ads itself so we could use the same video in multiple states. If we posted good ones, people don't have to chip in (although we could do that and maybe ask Parocks to put it out since he knows facebook) they aren't that expensive. We'd be targeting young people, our people and cross over civil libertarians.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Here's that thread with the $50 and $25 free coupons from Facebook, I think google has a similar promotion too:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...aul-ads!/page9

Looks like rpf members 2ndfor1st and Speciallyblend have/had some free google advertising that people could use for this if they wanted:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...+google+coupon

^^^Here is an ad I did for the Maine caucuses, I linked it to the caucus time/location link on the campaign web site. The idea would be to do similar ads but saying 'Fight NDAA, CISPA, FISA, Vote ROn Paul in TX OPEN PRIMARY Support his RNC fight for YOU' or similar and link to either an explanation of it, or the video, if it is modified.

Parocks was better at targeting audiences than I was though, his ads got a ton more clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    we'd need the video modified to take out money bomb and put in vote for Ron paul. we could put the primary date in the facebook ads itself so we could use the same video in multiple states. If we posted good ones, people don't have to chip in (although we could do that and maybe ask Parocks to put it out since he knows facebook) they aren't that expensive. We'd be targeting young people, our people and cross over civil libertarians.
    Sailingaway, I still have the original project on my PC. I could edit it and render a new version with what you are suggesting. Let me know if this is a go, and I'll work it out.
    Last edited by Constitutional Paulicy; 05-25-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Paulicy View Post
    Sailingaway, I still have the original project on my PC. I could edit it and render a new version with what you are suggesting. Let me know if this is a go, and I'll work it out.
    that would be fantastic. It's a go as far as I am concerned. People can put in as much money as they want, $25, $50, an ad campaign can be limited to a maximum amount. If Parocks was willing to spearhead setting them up, I'd go with a chip in to him instead of each of us doing it separately only because he got so many hits on his ads, but there is something to be said for using a bunch of different people's 'best ideas' of where to target as well.

They need to be up by weekend because for new accounts in particular there can be a delay before facebook runs them (they say 12 hours but mine was more like 18 or 24 hours).

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    that would be fantastic. It's a go as far as I am concerned. People can put in as much money as they want, $25, $50, an ad campaign can be limited to a maximum amount. If Parocks was willing to spearhead setting them up, I'd go with a chip in to him instead of each of us doing it separately only because he got so many hits on his ads, but there is something to be said for using a bunch of different people's 'best ideas' of where to target as well.

They need to be up by weekend because for new accounts in particular there can be a delay before facebook runs them (they say 12 hours but mine was more like 18 or 24 hours).
    Cool, I'll follow this thread and start putting something together.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Cool, I'll follow this thread and start putting something together.
    I'll put it on the front page when you do, as well.

anyone else have ideas for facebook ads?

bump for weekend input

Here is the video you requested. I edited out the money bomb references ......

- Josef Stalin

Here is the video you requested. I edited out the money bomb references ......

thanks!! I'll put it on the front page right now, and get to work on a facebook ad, later today.

thanks!! I'll put it on the front page right now, and get to work on a facebook ad, later today.
    I hope more people chose to run these Facebook ads as you have suggested. It seems like a great idea.
    - Josef Stalin

I hope more people chose to run these Facebook ads as you have suggested. It seems like a great idea.
    Me too. Maybe they'll at least help me frame the 'market' for mine. It is by county and I need to know the best SD and TX counties to run these in. also lists of other 'likes' to target it to, for civil liberties.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome Vid and song! Adding to sites now. Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001756192661 Thanks!
    Last edited by patriot2008; 05-26-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot2008 View Post
    Awesome Vid and song! Adding to sites now. Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001756192661 Thanks!
    Thanks.

FYI: I keep getting this same question from people on my Facebook account and my Youtube account. People are curious about the video clip at the 2:10 mark. The kidnapping of the man who was forced into an unmarked vehicle was conducted by military contractors hired by Uncle Sam of course. It took place at the G-8 Summit in Pittsburgh.
    Last edited by Constitutional Paulicy; 05-26-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    - Josef Stalin

Well, I did this one, since no one helped me tailor it. I included Brazoria because they darned well SHOULD vote for Ron.... but otherwise I went for more liberal urban areas for the voters who like civil liberties and don't have reason to care about Romney. The big Senate race is the issue, unfortunately, driving turnout.