Thread: Saul Anuzis Newsletter: "Congratulations To New Committeemen"

Saul Anuzis Newsletter: "Congratulations To New Committeemen"

Weekly Musing 5-20-12
    Saul Anuzis
    MI: Republican National Committeeman

Congratulations to Dave Agema & Terri Lynn Land
    At this weekend’s Michigan Republican Convention, Holly Hughes and I were defeated for re-election to the RNC.

Tea Party, Ron Paul and “anti-establishment” fever swept the convention. I congratulate all the new participants and attendees to the convention and hope they will ultimately focus their enthusiasm on constructive involvement and electing Republicans.
    Dear Saul,

Ultimately? We just did.

Less self absorbed pricks, too.

Love, Angela
    Last edited by angelatc; 05-22-2012 at 01:07 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But he's not politically dead yet. From the "refusing to get a clue file,"

National Popular Vote
    NPV became a key issue during this election. Many of you questioned David Agema’s and my support of this concept. I promise 16 different groups and clubs to come back and explain the concept and my rationale for supporting it. I will honor those commitments.

There were a few folks who wanted me to send them some additional information and explain the political ramifications of changing the way we allocate electors to the Electoral College. I’ll get this done as well, just give me a little time to unwind and put my thoughts together

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Dear Saul,

We just did.

Less self absorbed pricks, too.

Love, Angela
    Thanks for that. Made me

I still get his crap in my junk box and check on what he's up to from time to time. Hadn't seen that.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

May 2007:
    Michigan party chairman Saul Anuzis said he will circulate a petition among Republican National Committee members to ban Paul from more debates. At a GOP candidates’ debate Tuesday night, Paul drew attacks from all sides, most forcefully from former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, when he linked the terror attacks to U.S. bombings.
    ..."I think he would have felt much more comfortable on the stage with the Democrats in what he said last night. And I think that he is a distraction in the Republican primary and he does not represent the base and he does not represent the party,” Anuzis said during an RNC state leadership meeting.
    “Given what he said last night it was just so off the wall and out of whack that I think it was more detrimental than helpful.”
    Anuzis said his petition would go to debate sponsors and broadcasters to discourage inviting Paul.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Thanks for that. Made me

I still get his crap in my junk box and check on what he's up to from time to time. Hadn't seen that.
    Agema is no angel. He also supported the NPV when he was in the legislature, but he claims to have seen the error of his ways.

I know how this crowd feels about that but two things came to mind. First, Agema changed his position because he saw it was a loser, while Anuzins spent the entire time trying to convince us that he was right and we were wrong.

Second, and this is IMHO the money shot - Paul has said that as liberty became more popular, politicians would change their positions to match those of the voters. As long as the choice was between a guy who at least pretended to get a clue and one who refused to listen to his new base.....Agema deserved the win, I guess. But the Muslim-hate is strong in that one. Sigh.

Listening to Anuzis whine makes it rewarding though.

It won't please many people here. But, I have to say--classy response from Anuzis. Not many politicians will get thrown out in a contentious convention and then thanks their opponents for their involvement.

Saul is out??? Made my day....