Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dad Puts Toddler in Washing Machine and Turns it On

Dad Puts Toddler in Washing Machine and Turns it On

***Really? This is just plain f*cking stupid***

Dad Puts Toddler in Washing Machine and Turns it On

There's no way to know what the parents were thinking. Maybe they were trying to scare their kid into good behavior. Maybe they were just goofing around. Maybe they thought it would be funny -- there's a large sign hanging above the machines, saying "Junior Wash: $2.95." Whatever it was, it could have easily ended in tragedy.

Related: Hidden risks for kids at home

In the silent footage from the laundromat's security camera, the dad scoops up the diaper-clad toddler, shoves him head first into the front-loading washer, and shuts the door. He and the mom seem amused at first, but panic quickly sets in when they realize that they can't get the washer door open. It's locked automatically, and the tot is trapped inside as the washer starts to run. (Warning: The video is disturbing).

The toddler tumbles helplessly, trapped in the machine, water pouring in, while the parents struggle with the locked door and then search for help. Finally, an attendant runs over and disables the machine. It takes a few more seconds to get the door open and the child out.

There have been several recent reports about kids dying after getting trapped in a washing machine -- in March, 18-month-old Ollie Hebb drowned in a washing machine accident, and a 3-year-old was killed in France after his father put him in one and turned it on to punish him. The child in this video suffered a few bumps and bruises and is fine, according to the person who posted the clip -- at least, as fine as one can be living with parents who think it's funny to stick kids in washing machines. No word on whether the parents will be investigated for, well, anything.

original article here:
    http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/wor...183500809.html
    I am the spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cant wait to see the kneejerk reactions to this.
    Where is John Galt?

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? - Miguel de Cervantes, (Don Quixote)

Damn that's scary! No emergency stop button? Methinks I see a new government mandate in the future...

One of these days, I expect to find a drenched or drowned cat in my washing machine. Sneaky thing loves to go where it's not supposed to, especially when you are not watching.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-21-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate. - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    at least, as fine as one can be living with parents who think it's funny to stick kids in washing machines. No word on whether the parents will be investigated for, well, anything.
    Oops, you'd better run and call CPS on 'em, JFK.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Emergency stop button mandate coming right up...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate. - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10 to 1 he was on psychotropic drugs!
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

Some people should not have kids. They are some of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    10 to 1 he was on psychotropic drugs!
    I'll take the 1.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^ intelligence is not a requirement for procreation.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Um... I suppose these commercial machines just pull electricity out of the air, right?

What kind of father wouldn't think to pull the plug?

(Oh, right, the kind who would put his kid inside it on a lark.)
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    ^ iteligence is not a requirement for procreation.
    lol
    ================

Can't watch. What a couple of idiots.
    Well, I got Rand started on his campaign (just search around here to see). I advised Thomas Massie before he ran for Congress. I am currently advising 2 liberty campaigns for the state legislature. I ran the war-room and won Minnesota for Ron Paul a few weeks back. There are other things I'm probably forgetting.
    Yet I can't afford $200 to go to a seminar--Matt Collins

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Oops, you'd better run and call CPS on 'em, JFK.
    Why would I call Child Kidnapping Services?
    I am the spoon.

Sorry.

But that clip with the Benny Hill Show Theme dubbed over it would get 2 million views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Um... I suppose these commercial machines just pull electricity out of the air, right?

The same kind of people that don't think to put their car in neutral to stop the run away accelerator problem some cars seemed to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluge View Post
    Can't watch. What a couple of idiots.
    The mother was just standing there watching him do it until the washer turned on.
    I am the spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    OK. I blame the tree huggers with their fancy front-loading machines:

Edit: better link to these quotes:
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...717670514.html

Illegal Washing Machines

But, as Americans are increasingly learning, front-loaders are expensive, often have mold problems, and don't let you toss in a wayward sock after they've started [or remove a wayward son!].
    More quotes from the same link above:

In 2007, after the more stringent rules had kicked in, Consumer Reports noted that some top-loaders were leaving its test swatches "nearly as dirty as they were before washing." "For the first time in years," CR said, "we can't call any washer a Best Buy." Contrast that with the magazine's 1996 report that, "given warm enough water and a good detergent, any washing machine will get clothes clean." Those were the good old days....

Now Congress is at it once again. On March 10, the Senate Energy Committee held hearings on a bill to make efficiency standards even more stringent. The bill claims to implement "national consensus appliance agreements," but those in this consensus are the usual suspects: politicians pushing feel-good generalities, bureaucrats seeking expanded powers, environmentalists with little regard for American pocketbooks, and industries that stand to profit from a de facto ban on low-priced appliances. And there are green tax goodies for manufacturing high-efficiency models—the kind that already give so many tax credits to Whirlpool, for example, that the company will avoid paying taxes on its $619 million profit in 2010.
    If my top loader takes a dump, I'm buying a commercial unit or getting it fixed. Congress $#@!ed the consumer-grade market.
    Last edited by The Free Hornet; 05-21-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Based on there reaction i assume they werent expecting it too turn on.While not the brightest thing in the world,based on the video i think he was just goofing around and had no intention to turn it on.I don't know about a mandate,but it is lame to not be able to stop and open those commercial washers without unplugging it

Quote Originally Posted by The Free Hornet View Post
    OK. I blame the tree huggers with their fancy front-loading machines:

More quotes from the same link above:

If my top loader takes a dump, I'm buying a commercial unit or getting it fixed. Congress $#@!ed the consumer-grade market.
    We had a front-loader at the old house. I hated that thing. Trying to get everything out is a PITA, always building up mildew around the gasket, have to clean the glass & gasket out frequently. Not worth it.

Top load washers are easy to fix as long as you don't go for an electronic control. Keep it simple.
    Well, I got Rand started on his campaign (just search around here to see). I advised Thomas Massie before he ran for Congress. I am currently advising 2 liberty campaigns for the state legislature. I ran the war-room and won Minnesota for Ron Paul a few weeks back. There are other things I'm probably forgetting.
    Yet I can't afford $200 to go to a seminar--Matt Collins

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    lol
    Hey now, it was an honest type-o. Plus I corrected it within 2 seconds of posting :P

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

damn you, JFK3! I was just about to post this! ~shakes fist angrily~
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 05-22-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    damn you, JFK3! I was just about to post this!
    Really? Let's see your list!
    I am the spoon.

Really? Let's see your list!
    My 'list'? No comprende. Не понимаю.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    My 'list'? No comprende. Не понимаю.
    You don't have a list of best and worst presidents?
    I am the spoon.

Oh wrong thread. Lol. Damn whacky tobacky.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

the exact same kind of dumbass who'd put his child into a laundromat washing machine, close the door, and turn it on, that's what kind.

...as you say.
    Last edited by Voluntary Man; 05-21-2012 at 09:05 PM.

You don't have a list of best and worst presidents?
    Nah, they all sucked. Some moreso than others. However....best president evarr, hands down-William Henry Harrison.

This guy has a funny site. He did a write-up and song about every president and why they sucked.

http://whyeverypresidentsucked.com/

Oh wrong thread. Lol. Damn whacky tobacky.
    lolz...don't get high and do RPFs.

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    $#@!. Ghetto trash idiots.
    things some fathers will do to avoid changing diapers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast