Thread: Mississippi Convention

Mississippi Convention

Mississippi gop convention restricting recording and streaming even though not against rules #mississippigop #msgop @Yowan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    thanks

doesn't bode well when they fight transparency
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Even when there is transparency, they still pull the same shenanigans. But hopefully we have done something at that level to shore things up a bit.
    "We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

Mike Chaney, the MS Insurance Commissioner, just told the convention that Dr. Paul dropped out and has pledged his support for Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by mommaliberty View Post
    Mike Chaney, the MS Insurance Commissioner, just told the convention that Dr. Paul dropped out and has pledged his support for Romney.
    I hope that someone was recording, against all the rules, and has evidence of this.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Please tell me this is a joke
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

I hope so too... they disallowed cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    it was on the daily paul... i'll try to find out from those that are there.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    not a joke, the ron paul campaign asked for this stuff, ask benton and tate. The only folks we can bitch about this to is the ron paul campaign folks. They set up this talking point and now must live with it, talk about shooting themselves in the foot. I can only hope it is a false flag operation created by the rphq for some reason.
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 05-19-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Whatever is going on is going on quietly here... I'm not sure if I care much for that.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    not a joke, the ron paul campaign asked for this stuff, ask benton and tate. The only folks we can bitch about this to is the ron paul campaign folks. They set up this talking point and now must live with it, talk about shooting themselves in the foot. I can only hope it is a false flag operation created by the rphq for some reason.
    I vaguely recall some upper echelon GOP member from New York saying all other candidates had dropped out but Romney, so this would've gone on regardless of "that email".

"They are winning fair and square. They are nervous about us though. The chairman started out basically addressing Paul supporters and referencing conventions that had been "zoos". Said they wouldn't allow this one to be"

AFA the Insurance Commissioner's statement goes... someone that was there said "I don't remember who said it - honestly, they all sort of ran together - but, yes, this morning someone did plainly state that Paul had dropped out already."

We didn't you try to use cell phones or invite grassroots members of the press. If you had a folks is MS with a radio program you would have been able to get access
    through the first amendment to the US Constitution and the Mississippi Bill of Rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Respect38 View Post
    Whatever is going on is going on quietly here... I'm not sure if I care much for that.
    Agreed. Welcome to the forums
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Respect38 View Post
    welcome to the forums!

did people at least object when he said Paul had said he'd support Romney?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is happening?

Mississippi gop convention restricting recording and streaming even though not against rules #mississippigop #msgop @Yowan
    Be creative.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    When Freedom is Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Freedom.

I don't know if there was a final update on the Mississippi state convention yesterday but if not here it is. I was going to post last night but my wife was out of town with the laptop.

I was a delegate there yesterday and we were plain and simply outnumbered. Best case scenario we probably had about 50 out of 250(normally about 280 but not all counties were there) of our state delegates. I didn't think we were welcomed with open arms by any stretch of the imagination but everyone for the most part was polite while telling us to fall in line and support Romney. In our congressional district the rules definitely weren't followed and one of our guys who wanted to at least have a chance to talk about the district delegate selection was not given a chance to talk even after the delegates had been selected. We had a very brief altercation over this which ended with our guy still not being able to speak. Once we realized we didn't have anything close enough to do anything other than cause general unhappiness we decided to talk with some of the establishment people about different issues and misconceptions about Ron Paul. Needless to say there weren't many converts but with a couple of the establishment folk it at least inspired thought (which I know is hard for them ;-)). I heard there were heated words in one of the other congressional district meetings but I don't have the details on that.

Other than that the convention was uneventful and depressing with little talk about addressing the nations actual issues. We heard from the governor/senator/congressmen, state tax auditor and some other people who really just wasted our time patting each other on the back and bragging about how great of a job they are doing (and some of them will also be going to Tampa as delegates). The over all themes of the convention were "Obama needs to go", "you Ron Paul guys needs to unify the party and support Romney" and "gay marriage bad".

We had a lot better turn out than I had expected and even though we did not get any of the delegates to Tampa, I'm still glad I went so I know what to expect next time. Glad to see we cleaned house in some other states =)

Quote Originally Posted by juvanya View Post
    That's not a bad idea! Granted one of higher quality might serve us better.
    LOL, Ron Paul Supporters with spy gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage127 View Post
    I don't know if there was a final update on the Mississippi state convention yesterday but if not here it is. I was going to post last night but my wife was out of town with the laptop.

I was a delegate there yesterday and we were plain and simply outnumbered. Best case scenario we probably had about 50 out of 250(normally about 280 but not all counties were there) of our state delegates. I didn't think we were welcomed with open arms by any stretch of the imagination but everyone for the most part was polite while telling us to fall in line and support Romney. In our congressional district the rules definitely weren't followed and one of our guys who wanted to at least have a chance to talk about the district delegate selection was not given a chance to talk even after the delegates had been selected. We had a very brief altercation over this which ended with our guy still not being able to speak. Once we realized we didn't have anything close enough to do anything other than cause general unhappiness we decided to talk with some of the establishment people about different issues and misconceptions about Ron Paul. Needless to say there weren't many converts but with a couple of the establishment folk it at least inspired thought (which I know is hard for them ;-)). I heard there were heated words in one of the other congressional district meetings but I don't have the details on that.

Other than that the convention was uneventful and depressing with little talk about addressing the nations actual issues. We heard from the governor/senator/congressmen, state tax auditor and some other people who really just wasted our time patting each other on the back and bragging about how great of a job they are doing (and some of them will also be going to Tampa as delegates). The over all themes of the convention were "Obama needs to go", "you Ron Paul guys needs to unify the party and support Romney" and "gay marriage bad".

We had a lot better turn out than I had expected and even though we did not get any of the delegates to Tampa, I'm still glad I went so I know what to expect next time. Glad to see we cleaned house in some other states =)
    Thank you for an informative report. That's unfortunate that they think we need to unify and get behind Romney, because it is the other way around.
    We let 'em know they can't win without us, and they truly cannot.

Thanks for fighting on the side of liberty mate!

Quote Originally Posted by thatpeculiarcat View Post
    That's not a bad idea! Granted one of higher quality might serve us better.
    LOL, Ron Paul Supporters with spy gear.
    Search and you shall find. If you just need audio, that wouldnt be difficult. Heck if you cant clandestinely record audio, you fail. Thats kindergarten stuff.

I have one of those. And a few carkey ones. Didn't need them for Maine. Used a nice normal camera.

I really should get one. Ive had at least one or two instances this year that it wouldve proven useful.

this is becoming a must-have for us in conventions !!

Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.