Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Pass Ron Paul's Signature Legislation - Audit the Fed JULY 24!! Go into RNC w/ this!

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    Response for Senator Herb Kohl:
    Thanks for posting his response. It's the same as Senator Feinstein's and the same arguments the establishment used last time. An audit is an audit. It does not interfere in any decisions and if the Fed can't do their job without being pressured, they shouldn't be there. It's amazing how badly they want to protect the Fed from just an audit.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I got a reply from Senator Isakson, I have hope he might sponsor the bill soon:

Dear Mr. [my last name]:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the proposed audit of the Federal Reserve. I appreciate your thoughts and am grateful to have the opportunity to respond.
    In 2010, I voted for legislation to audit the Federal Reserve as well as the Federal Reserve of New York. We must increase transparency and accountability at the Federal Reserve. Additionally, I was a cosponsor of S.604, the Federal Reserve Sunshine Act of 2009. S.604 would have mandated an audit of the Federal Reserve by the Comptroller General of the United States to be reported to the leadership of Congress, along with the leadership of committees of jurisdiction. In addition, I was pleased that the Government Accountability Office released on July 21, 2011 the findings of its one-time audit of the Federal Reserve's emergency loan programs. I am reviewing this audit and will continue to monitor the Federal Reserve.
    It was the intent of Congress in 1913 to create the Federal Reserve as an independent non-partisan organization and the Federal Reserve has been exempt from auditing ever since. However the time has come where there is a need for more accountability across the board.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please visit my webpage at http://isakson.senate.gov/ for more information on the issues important to you and to sign up for my e-newsletter.

Sincerely,
    Johnny Isakson
    United States Senator

Rand said on the Peter Schiff show today that he will be talking to Republican and Democratic leaders this week to try and get his bill up for a vote. He also said he's going to need at least 15 Democratic Senators to vote for the bill for it to have any chance of passing.

Regardless of how you feel about Rand, Ron has been fighting to get a FULL audit for 30 years. He is SO close to getting his bill passed but it needs significantly more support in the Senate than it has now. If it does not pass the Senate, there will be NO audit of the Federal Reserve.

Please contact your Senators and urge them to support S 202, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Rand said on the Peter Schiff show today that he will be talking to Republican and Democratic leaders this week to try and get his bill up for a vote. He also said he's going to need at least 15 Democratic Senators to vote for the bill for it to have any chance of passing.

Regardless of how you feel about Rand, Ron has been fighting to get a FULL audit for 30 years. He is SO close to getting his bill passed but it needs significantly more support in the Senate than it has now. If it does not pass the Senate, there will be NO audit of the Federal Reserve.

Please contact your Senators and urge them to support S 202, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2011.
    ^^^ This ^^^
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Done and done. Was happy to see that my Rep was a co-sponsor.

Do we need a 2/3 majority in the House & Senate to override the President? or just a 50/50 majority? Does anyone know?

We need 2/3 vote in House and Senate to override a Presidential veto but the biggest obstacle is getting it passed in the Senate.

We need 2/3 vote in House and Senate to override a Presidential veto but the biggest obstacle is getting it passed in the Senate.
    Thanks for the info! I'll call my House and Senate representatives tomorrow hopefully. I did a few months but we all need to try again.
    WE CAN'T LET RON PAUL DOWN THIS TIME!

bump!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Gary Peters gave me a timely and decent reply.

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2011 (H.R.459). I greatly appreciate you taking the time to express your views on this important matter. Your input is, and will always be, welcomed and appreciated.

Like you, I hold the basic belief that the federal government should serve with transparency and accountability. H.R. 459 would direct the Comptroller General to complete, before the end of 2012, an audit of the Board of Governors, the Federal Reserve System and the Federal Reserve Banks, followed by a detailed report to Congress.

In the 111th Congress, I supported a provision of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Public Law 111-203) that allows the Government Accountability Office to audit the Federal Reserve's monetary and lending activities for the first time. As a result of this provision, the first GAO audit of the Federal Reserve's emergency assistance policies was released on July 21, 2011.

H.R. 459 was introduced to the 112th Congress by Representative Ron Paul on January 26, 2011. It has been referred to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, where no further action has been taken. While I do not serve on this committee, I will make sure to keep your views in mind should H.R. 459 come to the floor of the House for a vote.

I would like to thank you again for contacting me. I always enjoy hearing from constituents and hope that you take the time to contact me again soon. For more information, please feel free to visit my website, http://www.peters.house.gov.

Sincerely,

Gary C. Peters
    Member of Congress

I had a long conversation with a couple die hard Romney supporters over at Race42012 last night and its amazing how little they know or care about the Federal Reserve. They think the Fed plays a minor role in the economy and that Bernanke did the right thing in saving us from a depression. They also don't think there's anything wrong with a 0% interest rate policy.

These guys are die hard Republicans and they can't find any fault with the Fed. The one thing they all do agree on though is that they hate Bernanke but they can't explain why. It's really stunning how our education system has failed in teaching economics.
    No kidding. Two things that rule the world: money and power. And we do a horrible job teaching young people about either of them. The economic system is vital to our very existence and most people don't know or couldn't give two squats about it. Sad.

It would be great if people can attend any of their Representative's or Senators' public events and get them on the record of whether or not they support HR 459 or S 202.

You can call your Congressmen's office and ask when their next public scheduled event is.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well we have 21 senators out of 100. So we need to get 29 more. I bet this actually passes. I bet that Romney supports it in an attempt to get our support.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Make it clear

Make it clear your Congressman or Senator that they need to vote yes on this bill for many reasons. The biggest of which is getting your vote and the vote or anyone else you know who is politically active. If they don’t then they lose your vote. Sometimes when it’s clear how serious you are they take it a bit more strongly as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Exavier View Post
    Make it clear your Congressman or Senator that they need to vote yes on this bill for many reasons. The biggest of which is getting your vote and the vote or anyone else you know who is politically active. If they don’t then they lose your vote. Sometimes when it’s clear how serious you are they take it a bit more strongly as of late.
    Yup. It's a lot more effective if you can convey this message in a public town hall event too where there are many others who may not know about the bill but will be on our side once it's explained. I encourage everyone to contact their Rep and Senators and find out when their next public scheduled event is. If your Congressmen is in a tight election, he'll also hold many campaign events where you can bring up this issue.
    Last edited by tsai3904; 06-12-2012 at 10:31 PM.

jsoldatot

Every single person reading this needs to contact their legislatures, THAT MEANS YOU.

My demorat blew me off, but Portman seems like he's on board.

Dear ***,

Thankyou for contacting me to express your views about auditing the Federal Reserve. It is good to hear fromyou.

Asyou may know, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2011 (S.202) was introduced in the Senate in Januaryof 2011 and was referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs. The legislation wouldenact an audit of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and of the Federal Reserve banks,followed by a detailed report to the Congress.

TheFederal Reserve is an independent agency that formulates our nation's monetary policy, manages and regulatesbanks, and provides a patchwork of financial services to certain financial institutions and the federalgovernment. However, the extraordinary actions in response to the recent financial crisis and the lackof transparency in the Federal Reserve's monetary policy continueto invite scrutiny.

WhileI believe the political independence of the Federal Reserve's monetary policy formulation is critical,I recognize that the recent extraordinary interventions by the Fed raise legitimate concerns. ThoughI am not a member of the Banking Committee, I will certainly be mindful of your concerns should the billcome before the full Senate for a vote.

Thanksagain for taking the time to contact my office. For more information, I encourage you to visit my websiteat www.portman.senate.gov. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Rob Portman
    U.S. Senator

Two new co-sponsors to HR 459, which now has 241 co-sponsors. There have been 13 new co-sponsors in the first 12 days of this month.

Rep DesJarlais, Scott [TN-4] - 6/12/2012
    Rep Long, Billy [MO-7] - 6/12/2012

tsai3904, we now have 243 co-sponsors in the house! you can update your post

Quote Originally Posted by jsoldatot View Post
    WhileI believe the political independence of the Federal Reserve's monetary policy formulation is critical,I recognize that the recent extraordinary interventions by the Fed raise legitimate concerns. ThoughI am not a member of the Banking Committee, I will certainly be mindful of your concerns should the billcome before the full Senate for a vote.
    Does this mean the bill needs to pass the senate banking committee before it would be voted on in the senate? Here is a list of the banking committee members in case:
    Tim Johnson Chairman (D-SD)
    Richard C. Shelby Ranking Member (R-AL)
    Jack Reed (D-RI)
    Mike Crapo (R-ID)
    Charles E. Schumer (D-NY)
    Bob Corker (R-TN)
    Robert Menendez (D-NJ)
    Jim DeMint (R-SC)
    Daniel K. Akaka (D-HI)
    David Vitter (R-LA)
    Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
    Mike Johanns (R-NE)
    Jon Tester (D-MT)
    Patrick J. Toomey (R-PA)
    Herb Kohl (D-WI)
    Mark Kirk (R-IL)
    Mark R. Warner (D-VA)
    Jerry Moran (R-KS)
    Jeff Merkley (D-OR)
    Roger F. Wicker (R-MS)
    Michael F. Bennet (D-CO)
    Kay Hagan (D-NC)

Quote Originally Posted by squirekyle View Post
    tsai3904, we now have 243 co-sponsors in the house! you can update your post
    There's only 241. Every site that lists co-sponsors will show two more co-sponsors than there actually is because they leave in Dean Heller (now in Senate) and David Wu (resigned from House).

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    Does this mean the bill needs to pass the senate banking committee before it would be voted on in the senate? Here is a list of the banking committee members in case:
    It depends. In 09, only the members of the House Financial Services Committee voted on Ron's bill and it was never brought before the full House for a vote. In the Senate, it was introduced as an amendment to the financial reform bill so it was voted on by the full Senate.

Senator Johnson, the Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee does have the authority to bring up the bill in his committee for a vote so we do need to pressure him and the other Senators in the committee to push for that.

The response from my rep:

Thank you for taking the time to write to me about the Federal Reserve. I appreciate your views and input on this critical issue.

Since the creation of the Fed in 1913, the value of the dollar has decreased by more than 96 percent due to their inflationary practices. In recent years, as you well know, the Fed has participated in unconventional open market operations including Quantitative Easing- funding corporate bailouts and putting further inflationary pressures on the dollar.

While ostensibly the Federal Reserve serves as the controller of U.S. monetary policy independent from Congress and the Executive Branch, the taxpayers have a fundamental right to know how their tax dollars are being spent and how policies of the Fed are harming our currency and our economy. To get to the facts, I am a proud co-sponsor of the Federal Reserve Transparency Act. This legislation will require an audit of the Federal Reserve and will allow the American people and this Congress to see what the Fed has been up to.

I understand the Federal Reserve is not federal; it is privately owned by its members, but it has the authority to print and issue money. It has also been criticized as the creator of the boom and bust cycles in the housing market that contributed to the recession we are still bogged down in. My staff and I want to see the Fed open its books and determine what, if anything, must be maintained and what to end. Rest assured, if the Fed will not agree to open its books and submit to an audit, I will not hesitate to end it.

Again, thank you for sharing your views and please do not hesitate to contact me again should you have any further comments or questions.

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    The response from my rep:
    That's a great reply. Who's the Rep?

I saw on twitter that we got three new sponsors in the House

AuditTheFed2012 ‏@AuditTheFed2012
    There were 3 new co-sponsors to #RonPaul's #HR459 to #AuditTheFed yesterday. Now a total of 239 co-sponsors.

Someone should let him know we have 243.... I guess maybe me. He's good at agitating people to go for their reps.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-13-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I saw on twitter that we got three new sponsors in the House

AuditTheFed2012 ‏@AuditTheFed2012
    There were 3 new co-sponsors to #RonPaul's #HR459 to #AuditTheFed yesterday. Now a total of 239 co-sponsors.

Someone should let him know we have 243.... I guess maybe me. He's good at agitating people to go for their reps.
    Haha...that's me. That post was on June 8. I tweeted today that there were two new co-sponsors for a total of 241 co-sponsors. All govt sites keep listing 2 additional co-sponsors that shouldn't be on there (Dean Heller who's now in the Senate and David Wu who resigned from the House).

That's a great reply. Who's the Rep?
    Dennis Ross FL 12th.

Email from Ron Paul:

After nearly 30 years of fighting for liberty in Washington, my time in Congress is rapidly coming to an end. But what a way to go out! I am so pleased to tell you about what could be the crowning achievement of my legislative efforts – passing our Audit the Fed bill!

I know a lot has been asked of you this year, but I’m writing today to make sure you understand that in the coming days, my biggest priority will be passing my Audit the Fed bill through Congress.

The good news is, the House leadership has promised a vote on Audit the Fed this July, so I must ask EVERY SINGLE PATRIOT to help Campaign for Liberty in this vital effort today.

You can help me make history – and help change the course of the country - by passing Audit the Fed through Congress.

Please take a look at the email below from Campaign for Liberty for more details. They have been on the frontlines of this battle for the past few years and are ready to win it, so I am personally asking you to help them finish this fight with an incredible victory.

For Liberty,
    Congressman Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    you have to use their form.

Boxer: http://boxer.senate.gov/en/contact/policycomments.cfm

Feinstein: https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub....cfm/e-mail-me

and you can get whoever your Rep is from here: http://house.gov/

put your zip code in the box at the upper right for 'Find your representative' then go to their contact link
    Thanks for the links sailingaway.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does anyone have a letter to the editor sorta thing written up about this, urging readers to contact their reps?

bump

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast