Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me find 30+ acre with no building codes!!

I would suggest some northern colorado or southern colorado areas, for some ideas on pricing look around weld county colorado. Honestly land with no building codes is a hard one. I am pretty poor so what i have noticed is it can be cheaper to find land with structures already existing but needs some work, less permits and fees that way. I dream of having 1-3 acres now and probably will never own or have something paid off. oo well. good luck
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We should all flock to Alaska and then leave the union.

We'd have the energy resources to survive as our own nation.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    We should all flock to Alaska and then leave the union.

We'd have the energy resources to survive as our own nation.
    No thanks, It will probably glow in the dark by the time we get there.

Not to let the cat out of the bag but the State of Jefferson is the place to be.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Not to let the cat out of the bag but the State of Jefferson is the place to be.
    That's my dream locale. No kidding. I want to ride Highway 36. And get lost on the vast forest development roads!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    That's my dream locale. No kidding. I want to ride Highway 36. And get lost on the vast forest development roads!
    Make it your reality

Make it your reality
    Unfortunately, my wishes are not the only factors in play.

check into right to farm laws. where I live if you have at least 6 acres you can declare your property a "bonafide farm" and are exempt from all county zoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Of The State View Post
    check into right to farm laws. where I live if you have at least 6 acres you can declare your property a "bonafide farm" and are exempt from all county zoning.
    5 acres always seemed like a nice size lot for a house. You can throw a rock in any direction and still have it land on your property.

6 sounds better now with your new rule.

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway36.htm

Kirk > Picard.

TOS hippies FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    EDEN!

Cocke County, TN is low property tax, no building code, plenty of water and trees, and great all around weather.
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." - James D. Miles"

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here are 30 acres with no building codes:

No property taxes either.

http://www.seasteading.org
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

I've twice found good deals on land through http://www.unitedcountry.com/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Not trolling. Delaware has low property taxes. I thought maybe my gauge was off by living in such a highly taxed county, so I googled into it, this is from the first result:

Using this methodology, the Tax Foundation found that people in Louisiana paid the least in property taxes. The full list of the top ten best states for property taxes along with the percentage of home value paid in property taxes is:

Louisiana - 0.18%
    Hawaii - 0.26%
    Alabama - 0.33%
    Delaware - 0.43%
    West Virginia - 0.49%
    South Carolina - 0.50%
    Arkansas - 0.52%
    Mississippi - 0.52%
    New Mexico - 0.55%
    Wyoming - 0.58%
    http://taxes.about.com/od/statetaxes...rst-states.htm
    Don't know about the other states listed, but TX has a much lower rate for land used for agricultural purposes - the list uses the in the city limits rate on tract homes.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Burrows14 View Post
    I'm looking for a place to buy land, preferably 30+ acres but I'd be willing to settle for 20 or so if the place is right. I'm hoping to find a place where the summers aren't extremely hot (no desert!) and winters aren't extremely cold and long (I don't want to be living below freezing half the year). The county/state should have no or very lax building codes as I'd be building my home on my own. I want to be able to be completely off grid, so I'd need firewood, a stream, and decent amount of sunlight to power and water my home, garden and greenhouse.

It should go without saying that I don't want to be in th city

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I might find this paradise?
    "I want to be self-sufficient... now you find me a place to buy."
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I'm looking for pretty much the same thing as the OP. Oklahoma or Arkansas seem to be the best bet.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...fferson-Part-1

The evidence suggests the opposite. Anyone in the area people jokingly call Jefferson should leave ASAP if they care about liberty. Of course, if someone hates liberty with a passion and wants nothing to do with it, moving to the fictional Jefferson may be a good idea.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

you can see my canyon from one of those pictures.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...78-Where-to-go.

Send me your resume, and I may take you along.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post

The evidence suggests the opposite. Anyone in the area people jokingly call Jefferson should leave ASAP if they care about liberty. Of course, if someone hates liberty with a passion and wants nothing to do with it, moving to the fictional Jefferson may be a good idea.
    You are starting to border on insulting to people that don't agree with your FSP. You are actually starting to be a detriment to the project. If the people in NH are all this insulting there is no way in hell I want to move to an are qith neighbors like that.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

I posted this property back in April.. Lots of Ex-Pats relocating there, and this island is totally self sufficient. Unfortunately I see it is now under contract .

http://www.nicaraguarealty.com/listings/details/1/3/91

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    You are starting to border on insulting to people that don't agree with your FSP. You are actually starting to be a detriment to the project. If the people in NH are all this insulting there is no way in hell I want to move to an are qith neighbors like that.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be insulting. However, I don't understand what either of those 2 posts by me has to do with the FSP. Perhaps, often when I post on RPFs I look at things with both a deep pro-liberty population statistical analysis background and a deep passion for the FSP. Perhaps you looked at 1 or both of those posts by me with a anti-deep pro-liberty population statistical analysis background and/or you were annoyed by some of my posts where I pushed for the FSP in the past (though not in this case in any way) and decided to use these recent posts as a way to inform me that you are displeased with some of my pro-FSP posts. If that is the case, point taken

That said, I didn't mean to be insulting, I don't mean to be insulting and I don't think most people find me to be an insulting person. In fact, I'd say I'm a moderating force on RPFs. I sometimes call people out on RPFs for their insulting posts, which have been very common on RPFs. I encourage other people on RPFs to moderate their language and not get so emotionally involved in their activist from time to time. It is common for people to call people stupid, idiot, ahole and so on on RPFs. Not only do I almost never do anything like that, I discourage others from doing that.

By moving to NH, you won't be my neighbor. You also likely wouldn't be 1 of the 2 RPFs moderators neighbors who moved to NH recently.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 05-24-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be insulting. However, I don't understand what either of those 2 posts by me has to do with the FSP. Perhaps, often when I post on RPFs I look at things with both a deep pro-liberty population statistical analysis background and a deep passion for the FSP. Perhaps you looked at 1 or both of those posts by me with a anti-deep pro-liberty population statistical analysis background and/or you were annoyed by some of my posts where I pushed for the FSP in the past (though not in this case in any way) and decided to use these recent posts as a way to inform me that you are displeased with some of my pro-FSP posts. If that is the case, point taken

That said, I didn't mean to be insulting, I don't mean to be insulting and I don't think most people find me to be an insulting person. In fact, I'd say I'm a moderating force on RPFs. I sometimes call people out on RPFs for their insulting posts, which have been very common on RPFs. I encourage other people on RPFs to moderate their language and not get so emotionally involved in their activist from time to time. It is common for people to call people stupid, idiot, ahole and so on on RPFs. Not only do I almost never do anything like that, I discourage others from doing that.

By moving to NH, you won't be my neighbor. You also likely wouldn't be 1 of the 2 RPFs moderators neighbors who moved to NH recently.
    I happen to live in the state of jefferson and to imply that anyone that would live here hates freedom is not very diplomatic.
    You do realize there are lies, damned lies and statistics. You are trying to statically prove that voting percentages for RP have a direct correlation to freedom. A vote in NH is equivilent to about 30 votes in the later states because it is the first primary. Every candidate spends days in the tiny geographic area of NH and they get to know the candidates almost personally. RP has not visited the state of jefferson in all his runs for president once. By the time people get to vote here it has pretty well long since decided and people don't vote in the primary out of disgust at the candidates the early Primary states selected for us. In this case NH gave us Romney.

You clearly have never visited the area or have any first hand knowledge about it.

That's ok though, just keep believing what you've heard, we like it better that way around here anyway.

Go New Hampshire. I'll keep my shire though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123