Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Krauthammer: First to Take Down a Domestic Drone will be a FOLK HERO

Krauthammer: First to Take Down a Domestic Drone will be a FOLK HERO

http://www.prisonplanet.com/fox-news...folk-hero.html

Charles Krauthammer:
    “I would predict the first guy who uses a second amendment weapon to bring a drone down who is hovering over his house will become a folk hero"
    He goes on to say it would take a bazooka... but I'm inclined to say, all it takes is a 15 year old hacker.

edit to add:

5/16/12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=7fNP51hZtVI#!
    Judge Napolitano:

I want to give a shout out to Charles Krauthammer:

First American Patriot that shoots down one of these drones that comes too close to his children in his back yard will be an American Hero.
    []
    Get a search warrant from a Judge, that's what the Constitution says.
    presence
    Last edited by presence; 05-16-2012 at 05:28 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The news would be worth watching.

I can hear the voice of Bill O'Reilly now:

"Look. We all don't like the idea of being spied upon. America is nation, where privacy has traditionally been held highly as right. Nevertheless, the actions of Cleetus Henry was not a patriotic act. His double barreled shotgun has cost the taxpayer a large sum of money, threatened our national security, and resulted in the contamination an entire herd of cattle. He should not of been a romphelstomper, and that is your word of the day."

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/fox-news...folk-hero.html

He goes on to say it would take a bazooka... but I'm inclined to say, all it takes is a 15 year old hacker.
    LOLz. And he'll be a Chinese exchange student.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Grey View Post

"Look. We all don't like the idea of being spied upon. America is nation, where privacy has traditionally been held highly as right. Nevertheless, the actions of Cleetus Henry was not a patriotic act. His double barreled shotgun has cost the taxpayer a large sum of money, threatened our national security, and resulted in the contamination an entire herd of cattle. He should not of been a romphelstomper, and that is your word of the day."
    ROFL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy911 View Post
    Hot Topics please
    Drones are unmanned, you think violence against terminators is a Hot Topic? What a crazy world...
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Lol word for word perfect.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy911 View Post
    Hot Topics please
    Care to explain why?
    I am the spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Neo-conservatives like Krauthammer call for violence all day long, not surprising. Eventually the neo-conservatives will become just as anti-America as they are anti-Iran right now. It's just a matter of when (they lose control).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Neo-conservatives like Krauthammer call for violence all day long, not surprising. Eventually the neo-conservatives will become just as anti-America as they are anti-Iran right now. It's just a matter of when (they lose control).
    IMO they've always been anti American.
    I am the spoon.

When we think of drones, we often think of Predators and such. But keep in mind that a lot of the drones proposed for use by the pigs in the US are scarcely more than rinky-dink toys. I've seen a few demonstration videos, and I was (thankfully) not impressed. Most were little more than very expensive RC planes or helicopters with visible and thermal cameras attached. These could be easily shot down with a rifle, at least while hovering or moving slowly. Also note that they are generally very loud (in the videos they sound like lawnmowers), so you'll probably know when one is around.

The smaller drones of the sort likely to be used by US police departments have been used in the Iraq conflict, and some have most definitely been shot down with rifle fire. It's also possible that someone will figure out a way to disable low-flying drones electromagnetically.

Drones are a threat, but this is mainly due to their greater ease of deployment and lesser expense in comparison with helicopters. They still need to be piloted (or at least monitored) by a person, and that person will have a very boring job unless the drone is deployed for a specific purpose (much as is usually the case with a police helicopter). So there seems to be a silver lining here: in the final analysis, drones might only pose a slightly greater risk to our privacy than manned helicopters. Hopefully I'm not being overly optimistic.
    Last edited by GuerrillaXXI; 05-15-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    "Man lives freely only by his readiness to die." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Generally speaking, the way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death." -- Miyamoto Musashi

Did Krauthammer seriously say that? /looks outside for flying pigs
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Krauthammer is an idiot. but he was handed the right script on this.

And it is not a "left" side of the issue.
    Beyond that,, the subject matter makes me .
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

While I would like to think some light is filtering through to Krauthammer, the broken clock may be the better analogy.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

haha, this post is so spot on. It makes me wonder if victor grey is bill oreilly hehe
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

The 1st citizen to take down a drone will most likely become indefinitely detained.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    The 1st citizen to take down a drone will most likely become indefinitely detained.
    That's after they kill your dogs and maybe your wife.

Indeed.
    >>>>>>Become a Precinct Committeeman<<<<<<
    http://becomeapc.com/

What does the guy get that blows the whistle on how drones came to be used against the citizenry of the U.S.?

Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillaXXI View Post
    When we think of drones, we often think of Predators and such. But keep in mind that a lot of the drones proposed for use by the pigs in the US are scarcely more than rinky-dink toys. I've seen a few demonstration videos, and I was (thankfully) not impressed. Most were little more than very expensive RC planes or helicopters with visible and thermal cameras attached. These could be easily shot down with a rifle, at least while hovering or moving slowly. Also note that they are generally very loud (in the videos they sound like lawnmowers), so you'll probably know when one is around.

The smaller drones of the sort likely to be used by US police departments have been used in the Iraq conflict, and some have most definitely been shot down with rifle fire. It's also possible that someone will figure out a way to disable low-flying drones electromagnetically.

Drones are a threat, but this is mainly due to their greater ease of deployment and lesser expense in comparison with helicopters. They still need to be piloted (or at least monitored) by a person, and that person will have a very boring job unless the drone is deployed for a specific purpose (much as is usually the case with a police helicopter). So there seems to be a silver lining here: in the final analysis, drones might only pose a slightly greater risk to our privacy than manned helicopters. Hopefully I'm not being overly optimistic.
    Yeah. But the government has already announced that Predator type drones will be used to spy on the U.S. (Excuse me. They will be "allowed to let their cameras run until they are wiped 3 months later").

Anyway, I think the best answer to this is.....build your own drones.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    keep in mind he also thinks that us citizens should give up their firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    It's very possible that someone who has acquired the mindset needed to take down a drone has also decided not to let himself be taken alive.

"Generally speaking, the way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death." -- Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yeah. But the government has already announced that Predator type drones will be used to spy on the U.S. (Excuse me. They will be "allowed to let their cameras run until they are wiped 3 months later").
    Predators will find more use in the US, but they cost millions of dollars apiece, and that doesn't include the costs of operation and maintenance. So they aren't likely to be constantly watching us. But even in the worst-case scenario that they're blanketing the country, simply having aerial footage of a city or town isn't equivalent to actually knowing what's going on in that footage. Someone is going to have to watch ALL that video. Even if analytic software is used to pare down all the footage with no people in it, having someone analyze the remaining footage seems like an impossible task. The more video that's taken, the more video they'll have to sort through.

When it comes to video forensics, I think wide-scale footage won't be of much use. The pigs will have to already know where and when to look with their drone in order to zoom in with it and get any kind of useful footage. They could do pretty much the same thing with a piloted aircraft or spies on the ground. In fact, the latter would probably be more stealthy than a drone.

Consider this. Suppose the pigs have a drone flying at some height above above a 10x10 square km area. If they want a resolution of 1 cm squared on the ground throughout this area at all times, they will need to collect 1,000,000,000,000 pixels (one thousand gigapixels) of data for each single video frame. For comparison, a current military drone, the Hummingbird, carries a 1.8 gigapixel camera, and this is the largest that's even been used for military purposes:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13639_3-57...apixel-camera/

Just think -- they'd need 1000 gigapixels per frame, and they'd still only have 1 cm2 resolution, which isn't nearly enough to identify a person. I don't think that quantity of data can be transferred in a reasonable amount of time, nor could it be stored very easily for long. Also, think of how many such drones they'd need to cover the US.

So, in order for a drone to provide useful footage, its camera has to zoom in on something. It can't watch everything at once. But how does it know where to zoom, especially in populated areas? Until very advanced artificial intelligence is developed (hopefully not before a freedom-respecting government is restored), it will all have to be done by humans in realtime -- and this is a BIG population to watch over.

Consider also that drones have been used freely in Afghanistan for most of that conflict, and they have hardly provided the US and its puppets with omniscience. The strikes that they've carried out have generally been guided by human intelligence, and these strikes could have been carried out with piloted aircraft just as well.

I'm not saying drones are no threat. Their potential for widespread use in the US has me as pissed off as anyone else. But we shouldn't overestimate their capability, either. That can tempt us into unnecessary defeatism.

Anyway, I think the best answer to this is.....build your own drones.
    That is definitely something citizens should pursue, and some are already doing so.

I also think people should familiarize themselves with ways to evade thermal imaging. Being able to do this amounts to making oneself nearly invisible to drones (and other surveillance cameras) at night. Simply being under reasonably heavy cover (a roof, thick foliage, etc.) will do the trick. In an open area an object as simple as a broad, foliage-covered umbrella might work. There are also special fabrics that can be made to greatly reduce a person's heat signature, and I think it's worth investigating whether it's feasible to make such fabrics at home.
    Last edited by GuerrillaXXI; 05-16-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Even if analytic software is used to pare down all the footage with no people in it, having someone analyze the remaining footage seems like an impossible task.
    []
    I don't think that quantity of data can be transferred in a reasonable amount of time, nor could it be stored very easily for long.
    IMHO, you're grossly underestimating the abilities of modern analytical software, streaming gigapixel imagery, petaflop processing, bottomless data centers, and vector recognition.

Until very advanced artificial intelligence is developed (hopefully not before a freedom-respecting government is restored), it will all have to be done by humans in realtime -- and this is a BIG population to watch over.
    I'm not sure what rock you've been under, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the computers are watching. Advanced AI exists; neural networks and genetic algorithms are evolving as we speak. AI may not be conscious, and have a favorite color; per se, but it is certainly advanced enough to track individuals and groups of individuals at the touch of a button, in real time, and store it, along with anything else, forever.

http://rt.com/news/utah-data-center-spy-789/
    Last edited by presence; 05-16-2012 at 06:48 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You may find the discussion of this topic to be interesting over on the Green Beret board:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ad.php?t=37899
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    IMHO, you're grossly underestimating the abilities of modern analytical software, streaming gigapixel imagery, petaflop processing, bottomless data centers, and vector recognition.
    On the contrary, I been studying surveillance capabilities quite intently. I've seen no sign that analytical software is capable of deciding, on its own, which region in a huge area under observation should be zoomed into by a drone's camera. And even if such software existed, how will it be able to make its decisions where to zoom without video resolution vastly better than what is available? Note my example above regarding the difficulties of even getting 1 cm2 resolution over an area of 10x10 km2.

I'm not sure what rock you've been under, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the computers are watching. Advanced AI exists; neural networks and genetic algorithms are evolving as we speak. AI may not be conscious, and have a favorite color; per se, but it is certainly advanced enough to track individuals and groups of individuals at the touch of a button, in real time, and store it, along with anything else, forever.
    Believe me, I'm well aware of what's out there. I've read technical papers on the subject and have seen demonstration videos of the latest products, such as VideoIQ:

http://www.videoiq.com/

Computers can certainly track people if you point a camera at them, but knowing where to point the camera is another matter entirely. With drones, that is a very problematic issue. You're talking about something way up in the sky. Where does it point its camera? As explained above, if it simply points its camera "everywhere," it doesn't get enough resolution to truly observe much of anything.

I think a greater danger than drones, at least for the foreseeable future, lies in networks of fixed "smart" cameras. Hopefully someday enough people get fed up enough with all this crap that they make it socially acceptable to conceal one's identity in public.
    Last edited by GuerrillaXXI; 05-17-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Anyone see the irony here when Krauthammer advocated the complete and utter elimination of non-Government ownership of weapons? The guy has advocated for the mass expropriation of all personally held weapons in the US.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

On the contrary, I been studying surveillance capabilities quite intently. I've seen no sign that analytical software is capable of deciding, on its own, which region in a huge area under observation should be zoomed into by a drone's camera. And even if such software existed, how will it be able to make its decisions where to zoom without video resolution vastly better than what is available? Note my example above regarding the difficulties of even getting 1 cm2 resolution over an area of 10x10 km2.

Believe me, I'm well aware of what's out there. I've read technical papers on the subject and have seen demonstration videos of the latest products, such as VideoIQ:

http://www.videoiq.com/

Computers can certainly track people if you point a camera at them, but knowing where to point the camera is another matter entirely. With drones, that is a very problematic issue. You're talking about something way up in the sky. Where does it point its camera? As explained above, if it simply points its camera "everywhere," it doesn't get enough resolution to truly observe much of anything.

I think a greater danger than drones, at least for the foreseeable future, lies in networks of fixed "smart" cameras. Hopefully someday enough people get fed up enough with all this crap that they make it socially acceptable to conceal one's identity in public.
    That ^ the capabilities are over rated. They are lucky as much as they are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    Anyone see the irony here when Krauthammer advocated the complete and utter elimination of non-Government ownership of weapons? The guy has advocated for the mass expropriation of all personally held weapons in the US.
    Do you have a credible link to support that?

Quote Originally Posted by AME3 View Post
    Do you have a credible link to support that?
    http://www.grouchyconservativepundit...ic=3573.0;wap2
    Yes, Sarah Brady is doing God's work. Yes, in the end America must follow the way of other democracies and disarm. But there is not the slightest chance that it will occur until liberals join in the other fights to reduce the incidence of and increase the penalties for crime. Only then will there be a public receptive to the idea of real gun control. (Copyright, 1996, Washington Post Writers Group)
    Fact is,, he is all over the place.. He will say anything for attention.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast