Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jesse Benton: Ron Paul NOT Dropping Out of the Race

Quote Originally Posted by mport1 View Post
    Can we please get an official press release from them? They should have put one out immediately after this mishap.
    You mean, like an official Romney only attack ad? Probably hoping for too much there, I mean...the campaign is probably super busy talking with the Romney campaign about what time slot RP will be giving his speech, those little details take $30+ million dollars raised/spent, and lots of telephone calls to make sure it happens without Romney getting attacked by RP.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post
    Yes, the mainstream narrative is "Ron Paul Dropped Out of the Race", so that's it.
    The MSM until now was wrong. Now they are just wronger.
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeewithchess View Post
    You mean, like an official Romney only attack ad? Probably hoping for too much there, I mean...the campaign is probably super busy talking with the Romney campaign about what time slot RP will be giving his speech, those little details take $30+ million dollars raised/spent, and lots of telephone calls to make sure it happens without Romney getting attacked by RP.
    Let it die Chess. You're going to throw a clot if you keep it up.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Every news outlet and blog out there is running stories of "Ron Paul calling it quits".

If Paul is "not dropping out" as Benton claims then why aren't they correcting the entire world that thinks otherwise? This makes no sense. Absolutely none.

Yes we all need to continue to donate to this cluster$#@! of a campaign. They need to make payroll ya know.

Listening to the 60's station on the satellite radio 30 minutes ago and the jackass DJ goes..''Ron Paul quits......who''?...

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I promise that if the campaign will let me, I would be happy to send out emails instead of whomever they have doing it now.
    You have my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    It's a good point. Another point is if Paul is really a non-factor and Romney is a shoo-in, why are they fighting his supporters so hard at these conventions? If Romney was the anointed nominee, he should be welcoming the new people Paul is bringing into the party.

I think the bottom line is it was simply a poorly written e-mail.
    McCain had to spend around half a million dollars (if I remember correctly) on the caucuses after he had won to keep his delegates in their slots. It isn't unusual for there to be a tough fight at the conventions.

Quote Originally Posted by BKom View Post
    There was zero reason to release that statement if Ron is still in the running. Zero.
    Thank you. Exactly. Did you guys get an email from a Robert Vaughn? Or was that just a California thing? Sounded like someone connected to the official campaign in southern California, trying to do damage control. I wrote him back and essentially made the same point: that there was no apparent reason for this email. I referred to it as "bizarre."

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    Ron is not stupid. It is everyone else that has reading comprehension problems. I can not believe it myself. He said he did not have the money for big ads in the remaining states. That is true--we did not get him enough money. That does not mean our strategy is not working, and he NEVER said suspend nor end in that letter. Sometimes, you guys....
    There's gotta be more to it. Why wouldn't Dr. Paul have said "We are now focusing all of our current and future campaign resources on the epic fights coming up at the state conventions in our quest for delegates." Instead of "We will not be campaigning in primary states because we don't have the money." To me this is beyond surreal.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, the email is totally ridiculous and is now another blunder to add to the books and it couldn't have come at a worse time...it has totally turned me off to the campaign and I kinda don't really care what they are doing anymore...it's been the incremental incompetence that has turned the $$ spigot off. They are to blame for the money not being there. I am sure there are at least another 10% of people who didn't donate this time around because of these un-forced errors. The campaign probably left about 3-4 million on the table for all the stupid moves. They could of had that money to continue.

I hope someone writes a book after this is all over and explains what the hell happened from last summer to this one...
    It's just an opinion... man...

If Ron Paul drops out, I'll never trust another politician. EVER!!!!!!!! And read my lipps... "THE REPUBLICAN PARTY WILL NEVER, EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER GET ANOTHER VOTE FROM ME......... EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER."

Serious. NEVER!!!!!!

I hope this doesn't mean we've seen the last of the stadiums full of screaming Paul fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    The damage has been done.

Some people, yea you too Benton, still don't understand the media and how they operate.
    damage.....what damage. Soft support is irrelevant at this point. They dont donate nor become delegates. I enjoy watching you people out yourselves.
    Last edited by puppetmaster; 05-14-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Y'all got it all wrong. What Jesse was saying was: "I [Jesse] Quit". Or more precisely, "I [Jesse] have been fired by the donators. They quit sending me money but they're still buying plane tickets, hotel rooms, signs, bumper stickers, blimps, and parliamentarians and forging ahead as state and national delegates. But my job here keeping a lid on all of Ron's great ideas is over."

That's what he's trying to say. He's just not so good at emails and rhetoric and all that. So, let the marathon Ask Ron Paul and his expert advisors Q&A Festival begin! We should just set up in Tampa right now and ustream from there for the next 2 months.

While driving to the post office on my lunch break to ship some blimps, I was listening to anti-war radio's Scott Horton interview the human rights lawyer also named Scott Horton (also known as "the other Scott Horton") and they were talking about how the 9th Circuit Court had recently ruled that John Yoo's own torture memos were sufficient to excuse him from his own international war crimes and while discussing this the anti-war radio Scott wondered aloud something like: "Why doesn't Ron Paul get some of the 4 star generals and others who agree with him on this issue up on a stage with him and bring this kind of stuff out into the public debate?"

Now it can happen!

What many campaign apologists fail to realize is that perception is the only thing that matters when you're trying to sell something. We're trying to sell Ron Paul and the liberty movement. If the e-mail gave the perception that Ron was folding his tent and going home to his supporters, what impact do you think it had on everybody else?

This campaign staff, starting with John Tate and Jessie Benton, are beyond incompetent, and the ONLY reason Ron is still here is due to the tenacity and hard work of the grassroots supporters, NOT the campaign. The campaign bought the farm a long time ago.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i just texted my friend to let her know, and posted on my facebook page to let my friends know.

Jessse Benton needs to STFU and get out of the way (to be honest)... He has been in the way of the grassroots from the start and now is the time we overwhelm him.

wow!!! i know all of you are not that dumb!!!! i have got alot of information from alot of my new friends here at rpf since i joined!! lets take a look at this a little more closely...much of our recent success at these state conventions, has been due to the media and thier spin creating a narrative that romney has won the republican race... Much of this narrative was created by the media when rick and newt dropped out of the race. The msm announced basically that romney won, and ever since then we have been absolutely killing it!!!! why?? because the romney supporters are following the msm narrative and have been staying home!!!!! the campaign put this press release out knowing the msm would spin it even more saying ron paul has "basically" officially dropped out of the race!! so what does this mean??? EVEN MORE romney supporters will stay home and the ron paul supporters will do what they always do, bust their behinds to get ron elected by SHOWING up to these conventions!!!!! Only now we will be fighting less and less people at these upcoming conventions!! this is brilliant timing to put a press release out to the media now like they did!!! we have major conventions coming up this weekend and i will guarantee you this press release will HELP us ALOT more then it will hurt because the romney delegates will just sit the conventions out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON GUYS YOUR ALL SMARTER THEN THIS!!!!! NO ONE BUT PAUL 2012!!! HE WILL KILL IT AGAIN THIS WEEKEND!!! LETS DO THIS!!!
    Last edited by rb3b3; 05-14-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by papitosabe View Post
    pretty sure RP is not the one leading what is being said, sent, etc...its his staff leadership that is bumbling these communications issues...his job is not to run the campaign..or pass out fliers, send emails whatever...there's no need to blame RP , he has plenty on his plate...
    I beg to differ. The candidate has almost noting on his plate. His staff does just about everything and he gives the final yea or nay. Other than that, he makes speeches and does interviews. That's it. So, if Jesse Benton releases a press statement like this turd, Ron either gave approval, or he allowed Jesse to freelance. And remember, Jesse was incompetent last campaign. If Ron kept him on, family or not, it's entirely on him. He is responsible for the people he hires.

Ron either comes out publicly disavowing the press release as poorly worded and giving the wrong impression, or in fact, he agrees with what the press is saying. The candidate is responsible for this. Always.

And if Ron is worried about what his supporters are doing at conventions, then he should be more worried about the old guard trying to steal conventions away from his supporters by breaking the rules. Time for Ron to grow a pair and get behind us. We took a state for him twice in NV, and both times he expressed "concern." Well, F that.

He's got people busting their asses for his campaign, and he still gives mealy mouthed answers about his campaign and what he wants. He is willing to throw us under the bus. All I will say is that Ron is right on his positions and that's why I have supported and worked for him three times now. But he may be the worst tactician in the history of politics. The R party will only respect someone who can take their power away. And by backing off, he is marginalizing himself and us.

And if Ron is worried about what his supporters are doing at conventions, then he should be more worried about the old guard trying to steal conventions away from his supporters by breaking the rules. Time for Ron to grow a pair and get behind us. We took a state for him twice in NV, and both times he expressed "concern." Well, F that.
    Well we did boo Romney's son..that was disrespectful.

On the other hand, Paul was very supportive on the St. Cloud, Missouri win and even called the chair up at a bar rally to congratulate him and everyone else on speaker phone. That was awesome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12