Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It looks like media is misinterpreting Ron's email

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    You got $10 million dollars for him? Because that's all he said is that he's cutting out the part of the campaign that the media is ignoring anyway. He nevewr said he's not staying in. It's a simple matter of economics, and does not change the delegate strategy all along.

How can you have been here since 2007, and not understand what obstacles we're up against here?
    Quote Originally Posted by opinionatedfool View Post
    HE IS STAYING IN! OMG, just not focusing on pointless primary campaigning.
    In the world where most people live Ron is out (see Drudge)

@TheGrinchWhoStoleDC I know what we are up against, and Ron's people sending out that email helps how?

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    VERY bad move on the part of the campaign to send that mail out. WHAT THE $#@! are these blokes smoking?? If the idea was to motivate the grassroots to concentrate more on delegates, there were so many better ways to word that. EPIC FAIL.....
    True, IMO
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Geez...trolls coming out like cockroaches today. I gree, if you think Ron is calling it quits, then by all means, take a vacation, go shopping, tune into Hannity, kick back with a cold one and repeat...i'm an idiot 3 times and you will wake up in Kansas....er, i mean Tampa..
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 05-14-2012 at 01:49 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post
    the media is not misinterpreting his email, they are intentionally misrepresenting it. the email itself is quite clear.
    I thought that at first but re-reading it makes it sound like they are right?? Maybe it sounds worse than it actually is.
    Last edited by libertygrl; 05-14-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

Quote Originally Posted by libertygrl View Post
    I thought that at first but re-reading it makes it sound like they are right?? Maybe it sounds worse than it actually is.
    By comparison Rand's recent mistake is "Happy and Gay"
    Ron's email is an epic mistake. If you have any doubt check drudge.com, Yahoo, CNN, etc.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Again, if you can't understand the difference in Ron and Sntorum's campaign strategies, then I don't really have to tell you're being blind about this.

Don';t bother responding. I've been arguing with trolls way too much lately. If you think it's over, then leave, enjoy your summer, but osme of us still have work to do to make as many gains delegate-wise as possible. Nothing has changed with this announcement, except the campaign not going broke to be able to still support that.
    Grabbing delegates isn't a universal strategy for all campaigns?

Oh wow lol
    氷の造形魔法

Ice Wizard Power - Ice Make

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fullbuster View Post
    Also Jesse needs to learn to shut up. First the quote about handing our ppl to Romney in exchange for Rand on the ticket, now this, he's a fking tool.
    I kind of wonder if Benton was ever really on the level, or if he was just someone close to Ron that he trusted.. Either way, Doug Wead should be the one dealing with the media in my opinion.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

https://twitter.com/#!/JustinFrom1776

740 AM in Houston just announced "Ron Paul is ending active campaigning. Ron Paul supporters have been causing trouble across the country."

Oh wow lol
    Yes, but it takes a large number of passionate followers that most campaigns don't have to do so without having the media to back you in beauty contests.

But whatever, believe what you want to believe. It will not deter our delegates.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

You mean he is going to stop spending money instead of going into debt?? Quick someone make this man President!!!

Oh wow lol
    Yeah it's the reason why we've been doing so well on the delegate front. Have you ever met anyone striving to be a delegate in previous elections including this one? I haven't. I learned the Republican electoral process from this very site.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great.

Wolf Blitzer on CNN is saying Ron Paul is not ending his campaign. At least not yet.

Money is what keeps the campaign going so they need donations. Unlike Santorum and Gingrich, Ron Paul will not go into debt. If the donations can be put to better use by focusing on the delegate strategy, then good. At least we know that they're prioritizing.

I think putting like this will make it easier to understand for those who are buying the MSM crap:

1) Ron is not putting more money in the next States. That means that:

1.1) He won't fight for the POPULAR vote in those States.
    1.2) He will only fight only for DELEGATES. That's the whole point.

2) There are two possibilities: delegates are bound or not.
    2.1) If delegates are bound, then it was already over, because Ron couldn't win the popular vote;
    2.2) If delegates are unbound (Ben Swann's interpretation), then all that matters is delegates; popular vote doesn't mean anything, in this case.

3) Hence, what the campaign is saying is that it will put all its money just on the delegate process.

4) I guess they are doing so Ron's supporters can be seen as being no threat at all. Notice how things have changed in a week, since Romney's delegate problem became obvious: they started fighting. If Ron is perceived again as a no threat candidate, then we'll have more power fighting for delegates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsoldier View Post
    You mean he is going to stop spending money instead of going into debt?? Quick someone make this man President!!!
    even if he ran up a debt, im sure we wouldve made sure we got enough money at the end to pay it off.

anyways... Ron needs to go on FOX right now and tell people that he is not fuking quiting. HE NEEDS TO BE ON NATIONAL TV. not FOX business...

if he doesnt clear this up fast and soon, EVERYONE will think he dropped out.

[QUOTE=lasenorita;4424395]Great.

Wolf Blitzer on CNN is saying Ron Paul is not ending his campaign. At least not yet.

[QUOTE]

interesting... i think wolf blitzer secretly likes ron paul.. but hates him at the same time or cannot show that he likes him. lol

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    even if he ran up a debt, im sure we wouldve made sure we got enough money at the end to pay it off.

anyways... Ron needs to go on FOX right now and tell people that he is not fuking quiting. HE NEEDS TO BE ON NATIONAL TV. not FOX business...

if he doesnt clear this up fast and soon, EVERYONE will think he dropped out.
    If everyone - EXCEPT Ron's supporters - thinks Ron's dropped, then its good. It'll become easier to dominate the delegate process.

I just read the email independent of the numerous threads and media spin.

In my opinion, after reading that email without any outside influence, it seems RP is reallocating resources from gaining the popular vote to collecting and maintaining delegates. We could speculate as to why that is, but that's the impression I got.

The campaign may have noticed the popular vote didn't really matter, and we didn't have a chance of winning the popular vote anyway. Conversely, the money can be wisely spent on good lawyers and other resources for an aspect of the race we have been crushing; delegate selection.

Makes sense to me. Spend millions on TV ads in popular votes where a) it's rigged anyway and b) Romney is getting 40 to 60% of the vote easily, or solidify our strong position in the delegate race and prepare for a real fight? The latter sounds reasonable to me.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

Quote Originally Posted by lasenorita View Post
    Great.

Money is what keeps the campaign going so they need donations. Unlike Santorum and Gingrich, Ron Paul will not go into debt. If the donations can be put to better use by focusing on the delegate strategy, then good. At least we know that they're prioritizing.
    Ron just killed his own moneybomb. If they needed donations, they wouldn't have sent out the email.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinfrom1776 View Post
    I kind of wonder if Benton was ever really on the level, or if he was just someone close to Ron that he trusted.. Either way, Doug Wead should be the one dealing with the media in my opinion.
    In my opinion Doug has been looking ahead to 2016 since before Ames where he told people the best thing about having Ron in the White House was they get Rand too....

I think there is a split on whether this is prep for 2016 or fight for 2012, and the wrong side has the email list. They don't get that even just in terms of Rand's campaign, they need to use the enthusiasm of RON'S campaign to get people in place.

I was supporting Rand's campaign. It isn't the same. Definitely they both have their particular enthusiasts, but Ron generates the greater loyalty, imho. Rand may have the broader shallow support.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-14-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Newsmax -> Ron Paul Drops Out (E-mail Subject) -> Ron Paul Ends GOP Primary Campaign (Link title) -> Ron Paul Says He'll No Longer Campaign for GOP Nomination (Article title)

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ron...mo_code=EE48-1

It's like that game "telephone"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    Ron just killed his own moneybomb. If they needed donations, they wouldn't have sent out the email.
    i've been saying that campaigning colleges is important for the future of the movement... however it is not the best thing for a campaign.

campaign needs money... most college kids can't donate because they are either poor or have high tuition fees. most are too busy with immediate issues like exams, lab reports, jobs, quizes, school organizations, relationships, friends, and etc etc to be active *unless you are in youth for ron paul. also we've only had 2 general meetings for youth for ron paul, which is dissapointing*. i'm gonna assume that most are at the rallies because it is the cool, hip thing to do. similar to the bleeding hearts liberals and kony 2012.

again, i do realize that the students are the future and some small portion might get involved in the delegate process at hte convention.

Ok, here is my speculation on this...

This statement from the Paul campaign has a huge purpose and just might be genius. We already have the media ignoring us, and we have a huge task to get the message out about our wins of delegates and our delegate strategy. I was really trying to think why the Paul campaign would have stooped to such low levels like this.

Well, here's why. We don't have to look that far back. Just at the last thing that pissed some/most people off. That was Doug Wead's major announcement that wasn't a major announcement. Man, that sure got a lot of people's attention. One thing that stuck out from what he facebook/tweeted though was he stated that the establishment GOP is making it sound like we are trying to backdoor this thing and going against the will of the party. He stated we needed a HUGE way to get out the message that Paul was winning the delegates fair and square.

Well, here ya go. We now have EVERY medium right now reporting national and local that Paul has dropped out or shifted direction. Yes, WE HAVE EVERY MEDIUM, FINALLY. What do medium's have. Comments! We now have a way (RP internet revolution) to inform the masses of people that Ron Paul is winning huge. The more we can report to people to start informing them, the less of a shocker it will be when ol' brokered convention (abstain) or the final win (unbound) comes around.

So use this message a blessing in disguise even if it wasn't meant to be, because we now have the national podium to inform the sheeple that we are here to stay.
    Last edited by maxoutco; 05-14-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    If they needed donations, they wouldn't have sent out the email.
    From what I understand, he will not be campaigning in the upcoming primary states. He didn't in Florida. The reason? They don't have the money.

Maybe it could have been worded better, but it's honest and blunt. Ron Paul needs donations to keep the campaign going … that's the main takeaway I get from the e-mail. Not this nonsense about being 'out' of it — far from it!

He will be focusing on the delegate strategy. In terms of bang for the buck, that's where the results have been so far. Maine, Nevada, Virginia, Arizona, etc. — we have delegates because of the caucus process.

Obviously, since the media insists on spinning this as game over, then Dr. Paul and the campaign will need to counter them immediately. This could be a good opportunity to e-mail supporters and galvanize us to donate even more:

Dear ___________,

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated …

And as was suggested in another thread, this email has gotten him 10 times the publicity he got over convention wins, so maybe he has a trick up his sleeve to use this to end up publicizing our delegate majority gains we continue to get.
    Could have been a better trick. Why not specifically mention the number of people at the rallies? Why not specifically mention winning Iowa? etc. This email would go mainstream and people would say, "Ron Paul won Iowa? Really? Let me look that up. Why haven't I heard about this before?"

This is a pretty smart move IMO. Why campaign and spend tons of money when Ron wasn't going to win any primaries anyway? The delegate strategy is working, and if Ben Swann's piece on delegates being "free agents" holds true, then we are already ahead of the game. The media made it too hard for Ron to win any contests, but since the grassroots is so passionate and hardworking, the campaign is seeing success they didn't predict would happen. I urge all lovers of liberty to continue being delegates, continue being involved, and try and get to Tampa. This announcement might even lower the establishment's guard a bit, leaving Paul supporters to dominate future conventions, sending a huge delegation to Tampa. I still believe Ron can get the nomination, and so should you. We cannot compete with Romney's money and his exposure. Ron is putting all his resources in what actually matters, the delegates, which was the plan all along. Hang tight, stay true, and continue championing liberty my fellow Ronulans. The fight is not over.

and i will never support that ticket so yeah gop lose to obama. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txlXcJDtDwM<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txlXcJDtDwM">
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-14-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    and i will never support that ticket so yeah gop lose to obama.
    Romney has a good chance of winning without our support. The deal has been probably made to avoid surprises at convention.

I might vote for Rand in 2016. Haven't decided yet.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12