Thread: Stay Strong: Campaign Not Over

Stay Strong: Campaign Not Over

Quoted in full (to preserve their lies) below is the latest spin. We have all seen examples of MSM lies and this may be one of the most egrigous examples to date. I think it will also be one of the less effective ones. Just based on this story below consider

a) The title is an absolute fabrication: "Ron Paul Admits He Will Not Be President"

"Paul said competing in those states 'with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have'. Though the statement is a bit cryptic, it seems to be a message directed mainly at Paul's activist following. The message: Cool it."

b) If Molly Ball had integrity, she would realize the clear statement is "we don't have much money".

"But they also got behind him in the understanding that the ultimate goal was to get Ron Paul elected president. Now that that's off the table, will Paul's fans fall in line?"

c) What does "in line" mean? Vote for Romney? Vote for Obama? Either way the MSM wants us to stop taking tilts at their apple cart.

If anything, the fever at which this BS spread suggest the media is more than ready for its obsolesence. The headlines are pure lies and the conclusions are unlabeled speculative bull$#@!. I can't speak to the wisdom of the misinterpreted press release ("Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted."), but they chose to lie about one portion to ignore the other:

"I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned." -Ron Paul

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/05/ron-paul-admits-he-will-not-be-president/257167/

Ron Paul Admits He Will Not Be President
    By Molly Ball

May 14 2012, 4:26 PM ET

The libertarian congressman doesn't want his supporters to stop crusading for liberty, but he needs them to recognize the fight for the nomination is over.
    ronpaulclaw.banner.reuters.jpg
    Reuters

Ron Paul announced Monday the Texas congressman will not campaign in the states that have yet to vote in the Republican primary. And while Paul insisted that the campaign would continue to amass delegates, the statement -- which referred to the campaign in the past tense -- appeared to be an admission that he is no longer vying for the presidential nomination.

"This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible," Paul said in the statement issued Monday afternoon. "But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election.... It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win."

The campaign, Paul said, "will continue to work in the state convention process" in order to "carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future. Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted."

There are 11 states that have yet to hold presidential primaries, from Oregon and Nebraska, which vote on Tuesday, to Paul's home state of Texas on May 29, and finally Utah on June 26. Paul said competing in those states "with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have."

Though the statement is a bit cryptic, it seems to be a message directed mainly at Paul's activist following. The message: Cool it.

In recent weeks, Paul supporters have increasingly been making trouble at local Republican Party conventions, even as they've succeeded in gaining delegates in several states. This past weekend, Paul delegates in Oklahoma got in a physical altercation with Mitt Romney's delegates, and in Arizona, Paul backers booed Romney's son Josh. A Paul supporter even interrupted Herman Cain at a GOP gathering in Virginia on Saturday.

Paul has tried to dispel the notion that his fans are actually a legion of saboteurs bent on making a scene at the national GOP convention in Tampa in August. "It certainly isn't for the reason of disrupting a convention," Paul told CNN last week. And his campaign publicly disavowed Paul-supporting activists' attempts to take over the state party in Idaho.

Paul and his team are, according to sources familiar with their thinking, deeply uncomfortable with the spectacles staged on his behalf. But more than that, they see the chaos as a threat to Paul's long-term goals.

Short of winning the nomination, Paul's aim throughout the primary has been to achieve recognition for his ideas and to get libertarians accepted as part of the Republican Party's larger coalition. Racking up primary votes and encouraging his supporters to embed themselves within their local GOP infrastructure are ways of forcing the establishment to accept that there are a lot of people out there who believe what Paul believes, and they're here to stay. But the chaos now afoot threatens to undermine any inroads Paul has made by once again casting his supporters as hostile invaders bent on overthrowing the Republican Party from within.

The problem is, many of Paul's grassroots supporters still believe Paul can win if they keep pushing at the local level. They've latched onto obscure provisions of the Republican National Committee rules like Article 38, which they claim states that no convention delegates can be bound to a candidate. They have argued that the RNC's announcement of support for Romney violates another arcane party rule, and called for RNC Chairman Reince Priebus's ouster as a result. On Sunday, Paul's campaign chairman, Jesse Benton, attempted to tamp down this clamor with a statement of support for Priebus and the RNC's actions.

Paul doesn't want to call off his legions and tell them to go home. He wants them to stay involved, go to Tampa, and make themselves indispensable to the Republican Party across the country for years to come. But if they're going to do that, they need to recognize that there is no longer a competition for the Republican presidential nomination. As Paul himself has now said, that's not what this is about anymore.

Most political watchers have known this for a while, of course. But most political watchers are, according to Paul supporters, members of some sort of corporate-media-military-industrial conspiracy. The question is whether the Paulites will take the hint when it's coming from Paul himself. They got behind him because they believed in his ideas, probably more so than any other candidate's supporters. But they also got behind him in the understanding that the ultimate goal was to get Ron Paul elected president. Now that that's off the table, will Paul's fans fall in line?
    This is the same MSM moving what they have been saying for months - Paul can't win - into the headline position. Lying about the campaign is an act of desperation and it will make the RNC violations and subsequent BS rules all the more easy to challenge.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Get involved in your local GOP. This is the only way to change the direction of the GOP from the bottom up. We did this in Iowa, Nevada, Alaska, etc. There's no reason it can't be done in your state.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...our-County-GOP

I will be right there with you.

Let's hope he can re-inspire the grassroots.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

The tone of this article is very telling: It's not the work of someone trying to help Paul supporters "understand" that he's not going to be President. It's a smug, self-congratulatory article by an openly antagonistic dirtbag who - before today - was very concerned that Paul just might become President. It's also a last-ditch effort by an emboldened media hack job to deliberately crush our spirits.

I say, resist. I should get this out of the way and note that the tone of the email itself appears to be a tactical blunder as it stands: It can and will lull Romney supporters into complacency, but most were already complacent anyway due to the media's previous portrayal of the race as "over" and Romney as the presumptive nominee. That's part of the reason why we've been winning states left and right. The media already discounted Paul months ago, so the largest effect of the email has been to divide and demoralize Paul supporters...bad move. I do believe it was meant strategically, but it wasn't thought out well enough, because whoever wrote it took our continued fervor for granted just a bit too much. If the Paul campaign was concerned we'd see no spending in primary states and wonder, "WTF?" then they should have also anticipated the much worse "WTF?" reaction from an email like this.

I believe we can move past this and take a fight to the convention - possibly even win - but there is only one way for this particular email to help rather than hurt the effort: The campaign needs to clarify their strategy shift and reinspire supporters SOON, like tomorrow. The Romney-supporting "headline-watchers" won't know anything has changed since, "Ron Paul Drops Out --- YAY!!!" headlines from a rabid news media, but we will, and that's what matters.
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 05-14-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Two weeks ago they said they needed money in two weeks. A few days later they said it again but it was 'two weeks' and I think people thought the deadline was rolled until after the money bomb. They may have been looking for a signal from us what we could support, and if it was more than delegates. Plus they got wins or near that places I think they didn't expect, and maybe should have been in more.

In any event, he didn't suspend it. The media is going to say what they are going to say, but he's going for delegates, so I don't see how what we do changes at all.

Moneybomb the 17th.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I agree, sailingaway. I haven't been the forums much lately, but I've kept tabs and seen more excitement and a better chance of winning the past few weeks than I've seen since the start of voting in Iowa.

The sticking point is that not everyone sees it that way, so it would definitely help to get another email from Ron tomorrow to reignite our spirits. The current email actively points to more instructions to come of course, so I just hope they come packaged with a pep talk. If so, it will turn clumsiness into brilliance, because the media will be loathe to redact their statements and inform Romney supporters they have to keep fighting, because that would simultaneously mean eating crow and admitting Ron is still in it. Such a tactic would take advantage of the media's behavior: They love to misinform people in a way that harms us, followed by a small low-profile correction a few days later that we see but most people don't. This pattern has repeated itself over and over: We see the correction, because we're looking for it, but others don't see it. That's usually a problem, since we're trying to win more soft support. In this case, that's exactly what we need, if we're only trying to soften resistance instead. I fear it might be giving the Paul campaign too much credit to believe that taking advantage of the media was the plan all along, but...we'll see.
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 05-14-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

From the Daily Paul:

I Spoke With Headquarters! Paul Is Still Running and In The Race! Media Twisting!

Submitted by Freedom77 on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 14:35

HE IS STILL IN!!! I asked Paul HQ to have Paul say mainstream is wrong, She said media is twisting the letter, staffer said Paul never said he was quiting, HE IS STILL IN and the MAY 17TH MONEYBOMB IS CRUCIAL!!!!! Paul asked the other day for $650,000. Let's get it to him!!!

http://www.dailypaul.com/233285/i-sp...nd-in-the-race
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

Again, the MSM purposefully misinterprets statements and not unlike their standard behavior, put words into peoples mouths that were not said.

He didnt say he was going to drop out, he said he wasnt going to waste money on advertising in certain states. What the hell does not spending money have to do with dropping out? $#@!ing LYING MSM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    ...he said he wasnt going to waste money on advertising in certain states.....
    Why say that at all? and why no strong, upbeat words about the current victories, naming states just won, etc?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Why say that at all? and why no strong, upbeat words about the current victories, naming states just won, etc?
    Maybe he's trying to lure the gop activist into a false sense of security to gain even more delegates! Brilliant plan if you ask me, I just wish he would have waited until after the money bomb, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    There are three possibilities:
    • Simple incompetence, stemming from a poor emotional understanding for the grassroots. In this case, the email was meant "strategically," in the sense of informing the grassroots of a strategy shift, but it was not well-planned.
    • Two-part gambit: Deliberately manipulate the media into overplaying their hand and sealing the coffin of Romney supporter apathy/complacence at the risk of demoralizing Ron Paul supporters. More instructions will be forthcoming in a few days, as the email states...which should hopefully be paired with the pep talk that was conspicuously absent from this email. It will be just like when the media misinforms people to hurt us, then issues a low-profile correction days later: WE will see the correction, because we're looking for it, but others will not. Usually this works against us, since we're trying to build soft support...but our current delegate-based strategy (and the futility of winning the popular vote in primaries) would make this work in our favor.
    • The Paul campaign is giving us a hint to start packing our bags to go home, either because it's somehow resigned to defeat (doesn't make sense at this moment IMO), or because Ron Paul is afraid of actually winning (hopefully not).

Most signs point to the first possibility. I've love to think it's the second, but we'll see. I would hate to think it's the third, but I severely doubt it as well, because most other evidence points against it.

I sent an email to the campaign strongly suggesting a pep talk ASAP. Hopefully others will put on the pressure, and we can overcome the unfortunate division and demoralization this email has caused.
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 05-14-2012 at 04:48 PM.