Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: new stories spinning campaign email as if Ron dropped out

seems the campaign asked and set themselves up for this one,very sad. Usual Media BS and it was handed to them on a silver platter..
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    He wont attack Rmoney or Obama...

RP likes to stay clean.. hard to do that when you have to play with pigs. But it would've landed him some airtime and support if he did this.

I mean, he did it to Santorum but not to Rmoney? I don't get that.
    Attacking and pissing off Romney is a win-win situation. If Romney gets angry, and we've seen Romney lose his cool before, he might go into Ron's trap and attack Ron. Attacking Ron would be good thing for Ron. Ron would've been seen as a threat and a serious contender. Romney attacking Ron would've given Ron some more name recognition and even more air time. Romney would've used his resources and money to do what we fail to do... get Ron's name in the airwaves more often (despite it being negative).

But yeah lol. Those were good times when Ron slammed Santorum and Gingrich. I was surprised how the public still supported Santorum and Gingrich after the slam dunk made by Ron. I think the only ROmney was attacked was that he was called as a "moderate" or "flip flopper".

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    seems the campaign asked and set themselves up for this one,very sad. Usual Media BS and it was handed to them on a silver platter..
    Rough day for the grassroots; We expect better from Ron Paul.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

I just can't understand why he'd set the 650k goal and then drop out like this...
    I can't understand why he wouldn't have waited for the moneybomb to finish...

I just don't understand any of this. Easily the most depressed i've felt in awhile...
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    STUPID STUPID STUPID. I don't care if they don't have the cash and don't campaign. Really. But do they have to yell it off an effin' roof? Seriously? No one needed to know.
    Something is mysterious here:

1) There's a money bomb coming up and only a few more weeks to the primary season. So why make such an announcement three days before a money bomb? When the money bomb might easily finance some decent campaigning for the remaining few weeks through CA & TX and a few others.

2) How much can it possibly cost to go give speeches at college campuses? Which seems to be pretty much the exclusive campaign activity lately.

3) And with respect to LawnWake's salient comment here: Why announce you're not going to campaign when there's only a few weeks remaining and all you're doing is visiting college campuses? After a few weeks of no campus stops, some media people might inquire. But the campaign could simply say: "We are having to schedule events as donations continue to come in.." or something like that.

4) Why did Benton say he didn't wish to participate in a joint RNC fund? After the RNC trashed Rule 11? Was there some backroom deal if the campaign agreed to not make an issue of Rule 11? Why did he also offer the RNC his blessing to proceed with Romney funding in violation of Rule 11?

5) What's the campaign going to announce if the money bomb in three days nets $1,000,000? Something's really weird about this.

6) This smells of something a mile deep. I have a feeling there's deep strategy going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    I just can't understand why he'd set the 650k goal and then drop out like this...

I just don't understand any of this. Easily the most depressed i've felt in awhile...
    I wondered about that. The first time he raised that goal was two weeks ago almost to the day, and it said by the 14th, which is tomorrow. We then saw it again a few days later, and starting the time period over made it seem it reached past the money bomb, and I think many were waiting until the money bomb.

What if for once it was an actual decision making deadline, and we missed it? However, since he DIDN'T drop out, maybe the 3 days won't make that big a difference.

All I can say is to promote the money bomb.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-14-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Something is mysterious here:

1) There's a money bomb coming up and only a few more weeks to the primary season. So why make such an announcement three days before a money bomb? When the money bomb might easily finance some decent campaigning for the remaining few weeks through CA & TX and a few others.

2) How much can it possibly cost to go give speeches at college campuses? Which seems to be pretty much the exclusive campaign activity lately.

3) And with respect to LawnWake's salient comment here: Why announce you're not going to campaign when there's only a few weeks remaining and all you're doing is visiting college campuses? After a few weeks of no campus stops, some media people might inquire. But the campaign could simply say: "We are having to schedule events as donations continue to come in.." or something like that.

4) Why did Benton say he didn't wish to participate in a joint RNC fund? After the RNC trashed Rule 11? Was there some backroom deal if the campaign agreed to not make an issue of Rule 11? Why did he also offer the RNC his blessing to proceed with Romney funding in violation of Rule 11?

5) What's the campaign going to announce if the money bomb in three days nets $1,000,000? Something's really weird about this.

6) This smells of something a mile deep. I have a feeling there's deep strategy going on here.
    I think the staff of the campaign sometime have strategy Ron isn't in on, but I don't know if this is one of them. Sometimes their fundraising emails clash with what he says though, but this isn't one of those.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

This smells of something a mile deep. I have a feeling there's deep strategy going on here.
    Or it's just terrible organization, messaging and coordination...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    perhaps - his plea for 650K has generated very few precious dollars.
    I'm reading this thread and I'm up to comment #29. Lord Xar's seems to be the first comment with much specificity about fund raising. But why is it that there has been NO MENTION so far in this entire thread of the Money Bomb scheduled for May 17th? Especially in light of the entire premise of Dr. Paul's email was that he did not have sufficient funds to campaign with? And, why didn't Ron put out a very different email: asking everyone to chip in ONE LAST TIME on May 17th? And campaign accordingly. I mean, $100K money bomb could probably finance 20 college campus speeches. Why is everyone on this thread implicitly accepting the campaign' position that there is no money?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    don't we have a moneybomg scheduled on the 17th?...he has 1.5 million cash on hand now...this is our campaign now. ITS TIME.
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We Have A Winner!

At reply #37 in this thread, let it be known that JK/SEA says what everyone else has been unwilling to: that there is a money bomb on the 17th. So why did RP say he has no money? Either there is some weird psychological strategy going on or even the expected proceeds from the money bomb have been earmarked into the campaign's budget. Or, maybe the campaign has decided to spend every last penny on fights at state conventions.

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    STUPID STUPID STUPID. I don't care if they don't have the cash and don't campaign. Really. But do they have to yell it off an effin' roof? Seriously? No one needed to know. The grassroots were carrying it on anyway. This is ridiculous. Such a defeatist attitude. Way to inspire the people who are working their assess off to get the guy elected.

No street smarts. Nada.
    The campaign needs to send out another email to straighten things out.
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post

From Daily Paul:

I Spoke With Headquarters! Paul Is Still Running and In The Race! Media Twisting!

HE IS STILL IN!!! I asked Paul HQ to have Paul say mainstream is wrong, She said media is twisting the letter, staffer said Paul never said he was quiting, HE IS STILL IN and the MAY 17TH MONEYBOMB IS CRUCIAL!!!!! Paul asked the other day for $650,000. Let's get it to him!!!

http://www.dailypaul.com/233285/i-sp...nd-in-the-race
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    in CA, delegates are on a list, and if they felt they had done what they could do in CA, it isn't a matter of people pushing themselves through a process there.
    Can you explain this? I don't follow? CA hasn't had their beauty contest yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darguth View Post
    If he was suspending his campaign he wouldn't still be working to win conventions and delegates, as the exact same email indicates. All the email is saying is we're pulling completely out of the popularity contests and focusing on the internal process.

Stop blowing a gasket.
    Then the email should have said "I would like to ask all grassroots activists to redirect all of your efforts to the delegate process rather than attempting to increase our votes in beauty contests. This will be our most powerful approach to winning." Or something like that..
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-14-2012 at 05:19 PM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy crap, the first article listed right at the top of Google News (Top Stories, U.S. Edition) as of now is "Ron Paul Suspends Presidential Campaign - But Supporters Stay Loyal." What in the...?

Quote Originally Posted by noxnoctum View Post
    Are delegates at state conventions and *the* convention allowed to vote for RP if he has technically dropped out?
    I think even those making the most negative posts here would agree that Dr. Paul has not even come close to "technically dropping out."

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHLIED View Post
    T Even if he only raises another 150K or (50k a month) until Tampa, that should be enough for Paul, Benton, and two security guys to run some more events to keep the image up.
    Thank you. Finally some folks like you are focusing in on the apparent discrepancy between the potential future fundraising and the content of Dr. Paul's weird email. There are several possible explanations. But the question needs to be asked. You are one of the few on this thread that is doing so.

FWIW, I happened to hear whatshisface sitting in for Rush spinning this as if RP is dropping out or giving up and making it strictly an 'ideas campaign'. Methinks the talking points memos about this went around pretty fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Then the email should have said "I would like to ask all grassroots activists to redirect all or your efforts to the delegate process rather than attempting to increase our votes in beauty contests. This will be our most powerful approach to winning." Or something like that..
    Emails like this are what you get when you have a gold-plated buck two ninety eight campaign staff.

Quote Originally Posted by libertygrl View Post
    From Daily Paul:

I Spoke With Headquarters! Paul Is Still Running and In The Race!
    No one here is doubting that he's still in the race. What we're wondering is why he sent a mysterious, cryptic, unnecessary email.

It'll be interesting to learn just how many mainstream media listeners declare, "I didn't know he was even running!" lol.

No one here is doubting that he's still in the race. What we're wondering is why he sent a mysterious, cryptic, unnecessary email.
    Without jumping to our theories that it might be a kind of Sun-Tsu tactic, I think he just wanted to be honest with people that their money would no longer be going to campaigning, but rather to move on with the delegate strategy, including legal justice for those disenfranchised.

What's surprising to me is that people are trying to read so much into it, because other than possibly part of a bigger strategy, the email was pretty clear that this just meant that without $10 million needed for campaigning, that the remaining money available was much better spent on our plan all along, the delegate strategy.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those of us from 2008 remember Ron's "Winning is no longer possible in the conventional sense" video - which was also construed by the media as dropping out. Of course he continued to prod his supporters all the way through South Dakota, and ended up holding the Liberty Rally down the street from the GOP convention in Minneapolis.

I just see this as another head fake.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    Without jumping to our theories that it might be a kind of Sun-Tsu tactic, I think he just wanted to be honest with people that their money would no longer be going to campaigning, but rather to move on with the delegate strategy, including legal justice for those disenfranchised.

What's surprising to me is that people are trying to read so much into it, because other than possibly part of a bigger strategy, the email was pretty clear that this just meant that without $10 million needed for campaigning, that the remaining money available was much better spent on our plan all along, the delegate strategy.
    I appreciate your good intentions and where you're coming from. But I don't think it's a satisfactory explanation. If what you're saying were true, wouldn't the email have been worded something like "We are pouring every last resource into the epic fights at the upcoming state conventions!" Instead of "we will not be campaigning in primary states because we haven't got the money?"

I appreciate your good intentions and where you're coming from. But I don't think it's a satisfactory explanation. If what you're saying were true, wouldn't the email have been worded something like "We are pouring every last resource into the epic fights at the upcoming state conventions!" Instead of "we will not be campaigning in primary states because we haven't got the money?"
    It pretty heavily implied it:
    Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul
    Again, I have no idea how you can take that any differently than him being honest that thye're not going to drain their resources in a losing battle without millions to campaign, to focus instead on the delegate strategy, which has been the plan all along, sicne we knew the media and establishment weren't going to let us do it the traditional way.

What exactly is so cryptic, mysterious or ambiguous about the email? They don't have the funds to do everything they want to do, so they're going with the highest priority and biggest success at conventions.
    Last edited by TheGrinch; 05-14-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234